Celebi Egg trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitches
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
Glitch Pokémon cries
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site Source Code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness  (Read 285746 times)

Evie ✿

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness
« Reply #3000 on: September 19, 2017, 05:28:22 am »
I remember Paco! I haven't seen him in forever, along with a bunch of old members. Led Zeppelin, Axaj, FiveX, ACE91, Chaos, Yami Mutou, the list goes on...

Yeah. Thinking about the older Glitch City Laboratories days makes me feel nostalgic ha ha.
Hi! I identify as transgender female.  She/her pronouns, please.

Online I most often use the username Torchickens or Chickasaurus.

Thank you Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

I like to collect interesting video games.
https://www.vgcollect.com/Torchickens

The psychology of birth (including spiritual birth): pain>acceptance/courage in face of pain>embracement>unconditional love and strength

Beyond all philosophies are the things that go best for you; what makes you feel content. It's important to always follow your heart, so unless you feel perfectly happy about it don't just follow something because it is popular, fits a style or is conventional. Sometimes you may reach a point you're not sure who you are, but as things settle I'm convinced things do work out in time.

Hālian

• That worldbuilding/micronations/MTG guy
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • For a better world
    • View Profile
    • Hoennese Realm
« Reply #3001 on: September 20, 2017, 06:36:42 pm »
I miss the old GCLf :<

I also wish I had a car so I didn't have to sit on a bus for four hours every Monday and Wednesday just to do SCIENCE while sitting down. I'm too fat to stand for three hours.
Hoennese Realm

All sprites made by Naitekiakki, except:
Recolored Gardevoir made by me

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
« Reply #3002 on: October 22, 2017, 02:20:25 pm »
Anyone here frequent Pokemon Showdown? I'm starting to get back into it as Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon lurk on the horizon.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-4440

EPIC. Sprites by Mutou Yami, PT
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/sigshortened.png/

Evie ✿

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: November 07, 2017, 06:30:26 am »
I feel this may be sudden news for some but I would like to get something out, and so that people are aware.

I've mainly moved on from my gender questioning stage in life to identifying as transgender female. Which means although I was born in a male body I identify as a woman.

I haven't begin HRT (hormone replacement therapy; male sex hormones are replaced with estrogen, progesterone) yet, and gender identity counselling will officially start following on from an introductory session in December. It is suggested before this to officially begin identifying as the other gender, which means I may start to wear my feminine clothes in public and explain that I would like to be known as Evie rather than Tom.

Before beginning HRT, it could take 1-2 more years or more before I'm prescribed my medication so it may be a while before this happens.

I had a chat with a friend and they suggested it would be good to get this out: to let people know and also because it is healthy.

Thanks for listening. :)

I understand this is a sensitive topic, and for some people it could bring out raw emotion. That's OK. I suggest if this makes you feel hurtful towards me, please that you let it out in a safe place like at home and not on the Internet. Thank you. :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 06:43:50 am by Evie ✿ »

Thank you Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

The psychology of birth (including spiritual birth): pain>acceptance/courage in face of pain>embracement>unconditional love and strength

Beyond all philosophies are the things that go best for you; what makes you feel content. It's important to always follow your heart, so unless you feel perfectly happy about it don't just follow something because it is popular, fits a style or is conventional. Sometimes you may reach a point you're not sure who you are, but as things settle I'm convinced things do work out in time.

Couldntthinkofaname

• Zeta
  • GCLF Member
  • Online Online
  • The default personal text makes no sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: November 07, 2017, 10:37:57 am »
I understand this is a sensitive topic, and for some people it could bring out raw emotion. That's OK. I suggest if this makes you feel hurtful towards me, please that you let it out in a safe place like at home and not on the Internet. Thank you. :)

Those who attack the decisions of others under the anonymitity and security of the internet likely lack the courage to do so face-to-face. Take these individuals with a grain of salt, and recall that this is your decision, and the community is certainly behind you. :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:39:05 am by Couldntthinkofaname »
"What's a stack? Can you eat that?"

"Sure, just POP it into your mouth!" (someoneplskillme)

Clash Royale profile: #LYQC9LLV. Join our clan because we're lonely.

Does anybody really know what time it is?

Does anybody really care?
- Chicago

Evie ✿

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: November 07, 2017, 10:41:59 am »

Those who attack the decisions of others under the anonymitity and security of the internet likely lack the courage to do so face-to-face. Take these individuals with a grain of salt, and recall that this is your decision, and the community is certainly behind you. :)

I think so too. Sadly the hard truth is, sometimes people who identify as transgender do face discrimination, especially stereotypically from conservative and/or religious backgrounds. I'm going to be brave though and I'm convinced no matter hard the situation we get used to and face this in time. Many people are thankfully accepting, and others as you say may not dare to say bad things face to face. Thank you for your support Couldntthinkofaname. :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:08:34 am by Evie ✿ »

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

realsamusaran

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: November 07, 2017, 03:08:45 pm »
I'm really happy for you Evie! Truthfully I'm a trans woman myself, and normally wouldn't broadcast that on a forum like this due to fear of how people would react, but I thought I'd mention it here since you decided to come out because I know it can suck to feel like there's nobody else with similar experiences in these types of small communities.

I haven't been able to start hrt yet either, I'm kind of afraid to because my living situation is not exactly safe or supportive. I don't really want to talk about that though.

Unrelated to any of that, does anyone happen to know what map in Pokémon Yellow has the most missable items on its list? I don't have an emulator or debugger and wouldn't know where to start or what values to look for. If I had to guess I would say the Power Plant, but I can't say for sure, so I thought I'd ask. It'd probably be the same for all the Gen 1 games but I'm not sure about Yellow's changes.

Krys3000

• The frenchie
  • Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Head admin of the PRAMA Initiative
    • View Profile
    • PRAMA Initiative - Main french Pokémon glitch website
« Reply #3007 on: November 08, 2017, 08:10:06 am »
It's good if it makes you feel fine writing this here, Evie. I don't know you for a long time and I don't know you IRL, but we've been talking a few times (mostly about glitches, but sometimes not - I also recall that you have been checking with me after the terror attack in Paris, which was very nice to you) and even if we didn't, it would have been the same for me.

I remember your old signature, at this time I knew you as Tom and used him/he. Then you changed it and asked for feminine pronouns. From that moment on, I used she/her and Evie. I see no reason why this should be a problem for me, why I wouldn't want to do that. I naturally switched on these because it's natural to me to do so, since it is what you feel good with :)

I do know however that unfortunately some people won't be considering this the way I do, even though my country might be one of the less discriminative in the world (mainly because of history background but also because religion takes no part in everyday's society in France). It would be too easy to say that 'you must not take them into consideration' because you probably already know that and it's not that simple to do, but I think you must do what makes you feel good ;)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 08:11:09 am by Krys3000 »

Admin of the PRAMA Initiative, the main french Pokémon glitch website
http://www.prama-initiative.com
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” - Isaac Asimov

danny

• Decamark Collector and Pokémaniac
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • i hate being alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: November 12, 2017, 12:09:47 pm »
nice!

i used to be the type of person who would think that transgender is some sort of dumb thing (to put it less lightly, i was an edgy little s**t), but now i've matured to the point that i support those that transition. and i've made lots of new friends from all walks of life that have influenced my opinion; i've stopped being an edgy s**t like i used to be several years ago and i'm really proud of you for having the courage to state that opinion on a public forum

if i accidentally use the wrong pronouns, please let me know. i tend to be a bit rusty with remembering this stuff. please don't be too offended by my wording choice >.<
i ain't happy, i'm feeling glad
i got sunshine, in a bag
i'm useless, but not for long
my future is coming on

Evie ✿

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: November 12, 2017, 12:53:29 pm »
Thanks realsamusaran, Krys3000, danny. :)

Unrelated to any of that, does anyone happen to know what map in Pokémon Yellow has the most missable items on its list? I don't have an emulator or debugger and wouldn't know where to start or what values to look for. If I had to guess I would say the Power Plant, but I can't say for sure, so I thought I'd ask. It'd probably be the same for all the Gen 1 games but I'm not sure about Yellow's changes.

I don't know the answer to that, sorry. However there is an online interactive map for Pokémon Yellow which can be used for finding hidden items here. I'm not sure if any of the hidden items in Yellow changed though. Hope this helps in any way. :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 12:54:51 pm by Evie ✿ »

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

Charmy

• A guy who likes glitchyness.
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • "NIDOQUEEN THOMAS wants to battle!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: November 12, 2017, 03:24:14 pm »
Honestly, I don't know why I literally became inactive here and became super-active on the discord... 🤔
"Time is mone
Go along then" - Old Man

TMZ4 is the BEST TM while the sucky Channel is the best channel.

Parzival

• The Betrayed, The Cleansed, The Reborn
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • It begins.
    • View Profile
    • YT Channel
« Reply #3011 on: November 16, 2017, 09:46:26 am »
Honestly, I don't know why I literally became inactive here and became super-active on the discord... 🤔
because Discord's a better platform for communication than forums?
Ask me about betrayal.
Ask me about depression.
Ask me about death.
Ask me about destruction.
Ask me about hardship.
I've been through s**t.
If you need to talk to someone, my PM inbox is always open.