Celebi trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitch
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Search Wiki

Poll

What religion do you believe in? Do not trash other people's beliefs.

Christianity
Judaism
Islam
Buddhism
Flying Spaghetti Monsterism
I'm an atheist.
I'm agnostic.
Other religion
Multiple Religions
Confucianism
Nihilism

Author Topic: Religion  (Read 10129 times)

ravioli

• 🤔
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • ur a big guy
    • View Profile
    • 42chan
Re: Religion
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2017, 08:28:41 am »
I'm going to be assertive though in saying I disagree however with some parts of the Bible, in particular the views the homosexuality is immoral (the Bible says they will not "inherit the kingdom of God"), as well as (actual quote) "A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this." and this one is obscure but there is also a verse along the lines that women should be submissive as Eve ate the fruit! In my view that is just sexism disguised as an archetype. Sadly I can no longer find the last one.
Except this isn't necessarily true. Christianity in general is commonly associated with the same rules of Catholicism where every rule and statement in the bible is followed and acknowledged. However, this is not the case. There are different sects of Christianity. Christ acknowledged that the Old Testament was pharisee law bullshit for the most part. “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.” (Matthew 5:17–18) The Old Testament was fulfilled by Christ, so the concept of Christianity is to love Christ, and to accept he is your Lord and Savior.

This is at least the Protestant view of this, as I cannot fully explain something from which I don't understand, (other christian sects).

tldr; the old testament is not neccesary to follow and was called out as bullshit by christ
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 08:30:03 am by ravioli »

Torchickens

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2017, 11:50:52 am »
I see. Yeah, there are different sects/ways to interpret it. :)

I feel we live in a more accepting society nowadays that isn't as strict regarding ways of life. For what it's worth this dilemma is known as apostasy (also in a negative sense referred to as "falling away"), which means some of the Bible's original laws/principles are abandoned.
Hello. I actually identify as gender questioning, but nowadays feel more firmly that I identify as female. My sex is male but I like to express myself as female.  She/her pronouns, please.

Thank you Myri for my avatar! Thank you Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

Beyond all philosophies are the things that go best for you; what makes you feel content. It's important to always follow your heart, so unless you feel perfectly happy about it don't just follow something because it is popular, fits a style or is conventional. Sometimes you may reach a point you're not sure who you are, but as things settle I'm convinced things do work out in time.

ravioli

• 🤔
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • ur a big guy
    • View Profile
    • 42chan
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2017, 05:26:59 pm »
I see. Yeah, there are different sects/ways to interpret it. :)

I feel we live in a more accepting society nowadays that isn't as strict regarding ways of life. For what it's worth this dilemma is known as apostasy (also in a negative sense referred to as "falling away"), which means some of the Bible's original laws/principles are abandoned.

Because people interpret the Bible differently with it's translations. It's not interpretations, which is contrary to popular belief. Different denominations have different translations of the book. I'd say KJV is the best, but in KJV's translation it says that Peter is not the first Pope.

Protestants believe that the KJV, (their translation), proves that which we are not to 100% follow the old testament. Sola fide, sola scriptura.

Torchickens

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2017, 06:55:39 am »
I see, that's interesting. I was personally already aware of there being different translations but at the same time I still feel interpretations (in addition to the translations having differences, and feel interpretation plays a big role in translation but not sure to what extent here) may be important, like how not only they could appear in translation but there are also many parables in the Bible and we've got to try and understand the message.

Sorry, I should have clarified 'ways to interpret it' to include the translations.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 07:26:37 am by Torchickens »
Hello. I actually identify as gender questioning, but nowadays feel more firmly that I identify as female. My sex is male but I like to express myself as female.  She/her pronouns, please.

Thank you Myri for my avatar! Thank you Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

Beyond all philosophies are the things that go best for you; what makes you feel content. It's important to always follow your heart, so unless you feel perfectly happy about it don't just follow something because it is popular, fits a style or is conventional. Sometimes you may reach a point you're not sure who you are, but as things settle I'm convinced things do work out in time.