« on: March 18, 2017, 02:11:49 am »
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - Pokeglitch86
« on: February 01, 2013, 01:10:01 pm »
I was wondering how much research/experimentation has been done with the GSC glitch pokemon other than FF or 00 (FC, FD, and FE). They should be obtainable through in-game means between the Celebi Glitch and the Name Trick along with perhaps importing glitch moves with corresponding hex from RBY. I plan on finding an in-game means of obtaining them and begin experimenting with them within the coming weeks. However, if anyone knows information (or where to find information) regarding these pokemon it would be very useful and appreciated. I will post any of my own findings within this thread.
"The Name Trick" is an alternative to Paco81's Celebi Trick. It also uses overloading (The use of ????? (FF/255 or 00/000) to place more than six pokemon in your party) to shift your pokemon's data around. Paco81's glitch utilized the left shifting ability of overloading. This glitch replaces a pokemon's data structure (Specie, Held item, Moveset, OT ID, etc) with the data from it's name.
Data Structure First 10 bytes:
OT ID Hi
OT ID Low
A pokemon's name, however, only contains 10 bytes of data but this still lets us modify what pokemon it is, it's item, and it's four moves. They will simply correspond to the hex of the characters/letters of the pokemon's name. This is where we realize a very big limitation to this glitch. Character's that can be put into your pokemon's name only span about 64 slots out of the 256 total slots. (refer to http://glitchcity.info/biglist.htm) These 64 slots include the Generation I legendaries including mew. They also include the move sketch which can of course be used to learn any move.
• An Egg
• An FF in the daycare
• Five pokemon you do not care about.
• Possibly a good bit of money. (Clone half a dozen or so nuggets first)
• A rare candy
1. Nickname a pokemon. The first letter of its name will determine what pokemon it becomes. The second letter will determine the item it is holding. Letters/characters 3-6 will determine what moves the pokemon will have. The level of this pokemon should be one level lower than the desired end result. (refer to http://glitchcity.info/biglist.htm for hex conversions)
2. Have in your party the nicknamed pokemon, the egg, and three other pokemon.
3. Take out your FF.
4. Form your party like this:
• A pokemon
• The nicknamed pokemon
• The egg
• A pokemon
• A pokemon
5. Open your PC. Use “Move PKMN” to move a pokemon to your party.
6. View your party. Your nicknamed pokemon is now an egg.
7. Switch your seventh pokemon with your sixth.
8. Switch your nicknamed pokemon/egg with the very first or top pokemon.
9. Switch your nicknamed pokemon/egg with the very last or bottom pokemon.
10. Switch it back with position four where it originally was.
11. Put your FF into the daycare.
12. Your bottom two pokemon will now appear to be FFs but they will revert into the original pokemon once each one is put into and taken out of the daycare. Go ahead and do this.
13. While you have this egg attempting to deposit your pokemon with the PC will likely freeze the game. Even using “Move PKMN” will result in freezing. This is somehow due to the egg you’ve created. Once you hatch the egg this shouldn’t be a problem anymore.
14. Hatch the egg. It should hatch into the pokemon you wanted, holding the item you wanted, with the moves you wanted. Everything about the newly hatched pokemon is glitch free except its experience points will be abnormally high. This will cause it to jump to level 100 if put in the daycare or used in battle.
15. Use a rare candy on it. This will set its experience points to a normal level.
16. Save your game. Open your PC. Using deposit release any pokemon with a glitch name or that is at level zero. (Your first Pokemon should be the only abnormal one and is essentially a "bad clone".) Your remaining pokemon (other than the one that was converted) will be hybrids of the pokemon that was below them. Putting them into and taking them out of the daycare will cause them to revert back to what they once were.
The following video details my findings on a method of hybridization that utilizes ????? (FF/255). I would think that somebody else has discovered this method before, but I haven't seen/read anything on it.
1. Have two Pokemon in your party.
2. Take your ????? (FF/255) out of the daycare and place it at the top of your party.
3. Go to the PC and use "Move pkmn" to place one pokemon at the top of your party and exit PC.
4. Look at your party. The fourth pokemon should now be ????? (FF/255). The third pokemon will be the fourth pokemon but with the third's name and moves.
5. Both the third and fourth pokemon will revert once put into and taken out of the daycare.
Your third pokemon will learn TM/HM's of the fourth and learn moves while leveling up as the fourth would. You can also use this to hatch eggs and make pokemon into eggs. This can also be used as an alternative to the Johto Guard Glitch but since both require ????? (FF/255) the Johto Guard Glitch is more practical.
« on: June 25, 2012, 11:35:36 pm »
For all I know this was discovered some time ago, but I just thought of this and tried it today.
First you have a ????? (FF/255) in the top position of your party and black out. When you come to at the pokecenter all of your pokemon will still be fainted. Unlike r/b/y (which forces you to black out again after three steps) this allows you to enter a trainer or wild pokemon battle and win instantly. However, the final dialogue from trainers never happens, so you never get paid. It works fine for defeating gym leaders as well. You will recieve the badge and the TM but you won't get any money. This should be a highly effective method in which to speed run the game without any game altering devices.
« on: May 14, 2008, 09:47:44 pm »
Well (I always start my posts with well) I've been gone a while and recently i have been playing my yellow version over. I started wondering has anybody ever sucessfully acheived that really long glitch we came up with to get an ????? with the hex of FF. I have gone through the forums and have yet to find a confirmation of it. Could some people try to test it? You'll need Yellow,
2. Take advantage of the rare candy duplication on r/b and raise A to lv.254.
3. Trade A to yellow.
4. Raise one more level and have it learn TM55.
5. Trade A back to r/b.
6. On your yellow catch 4_4 hy.
7. Evolve 4_4 hy into Q (it will be nicknamed TM55).
Oh yes. Those require a cheating device sorry. These new instructions will work without one.
1. On your yellow catch a u.
2. Get u to lvl 62
3. It will learn TM55 (replace its THIRD move with TM55).
4. While performing the ditto glitch for 4 4 hy use growl on the ditto twice.
5. You can now catch a 4 4 hy at lvl 5
6. Raise it one more lvl.
7. It should evolve into Q.
8. Trade Q to r/b to get charizard M?.
9. Use the switch moves glitch to transfer the move TM55 to a pokemon that has yet to have been evolved. You will need charizard M? to do this.
10. Evolve the pokemon that has TM55 as a move.
11. Trade that pokemon over to crystal.
12. Use the Bad Clone glitch to get ????? with the hex of FF.
13. Use the ????? to get all kinds of glitches on r/b/y.
This also means you now only need yellow and crystal. I've successfully done steps 1-10. My crystal is not ready for the glitch to be done. Also why do you have to have completed the pokeleague to perform the bad clone glitch?
Important Notice: When you do perform the Johto Cloaking Glitch the FF ????? needs to be at top when going into the trading room but once you are in move it to the bottom. Also you need to add 39 to the johto pokemon's hex to determine what the end result will be.
I've done every step but 12. Also please don't use gameshark to shortcut to 12 because i would like total confirmation. Also if infact you succeed you will be the first to obtain certain glitches without using outside devices on the american versions. which is really cool. I'll try to make another attempt at it soon.
Edit: My crystals save file is gone and my yellows is halfway through the storyline so its going to be a while for me to try.