Celebi trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitch
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Search Wiki

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Apparently, HP bars are not hidden during move animations, which can have some strange side-effects.
General Discussion / Re: The dream thread
« Last post by Torchickens on Today at 11:37:18 am »
I had the weirdest dream there was a chicken singing あくらればそう (akurarebasou) in Japanese. I don't even know what that means lol.
Pokémon Glitch Discussion / Re: Seemingly unprovoked audio glitch
« Last post by xtreme713ify on Today at 11:24:26 am »
Oh alright, thanks!
Generation II Glitch Discussion / Re: G/S/C glitch discussion
« Last post by Torchickens on Today at 10:15:15 am »
Hm, but the lookup will fail for Pokémon not in the table, no ?

Pokémon not in the table when traded from Generation I to Generation II convert according to values extrapolated beyond the table. According to Hacky for Pokémon not in the table traded from Generation II to Generation I the game searches until it finds the relevant Generation II value beyond the table (so for Celebi it would be FB, for Egg it would be FD and for the ????? 00, FC, FE and FF I think).

The offset will then determine the Generation I Pokémon. For Celebi and Egg in English Gold/Silver, the game searches beyond the end of the ROM bank and into RAM, which is why the predictions are hard to predict (apparently much like CoolTrainer's success rate).

Lugia is defined in the table so that MissingNo. (Ghost-form) converts into Lugia and Lugia converts back into MissingNo. (Ghost), and since MissingNo. (Ghost) can copy the stored types of a Pokémon in the party after catching it if there was an (internally stored) Psychic/Flying Pokémon you could use that to trade MissingNo. (Ghost) on to Generation II (another method  is by using arbitrary code execution to change the internal types).

I believe the abnormal Pokémon trap doesn't apply to Generation II to Generation I trades, so the game won't mind in that case that Lugia is Psychic/Flying and MissingNo. Ghost can be a different type. Therefore in theory, as DoubleNegative says you should be able to get two Lugia by trading one (via Time Capsule exploit) to Generation I and catching MissingNo. (Ghost).
Generation II Glitch Discussion / Re: G/S/C glitch discussion
« Last post by ISSOtm on Today at 08:50:08 am »
Hm, but the lookup will fail for Pokémon not in the table, no ?
I was on my phone and I hate it, so I didn't bother to check if it was 15 or 0x15.
Also please leave my life out of this, thank you.
Good point, but actually I think it's possible to do swaps after expanding the items pack that ensure you have 0-1 Pokémon owned, as somebody from PRAMA did that before. I'm not sure of the details anymore though I'm afraid.

You can also change the exit quantity to 02 (Pewter City) so the old man doesn't block you. Also if you set up dry underflow in the PC you can change the quantity of item 91 to 19 (13 to D5EF). This makes Professor Oak give you the Pokédex even if you don't have only one Pokémon or Oak's Parcel. The only side effect might be a lingering music glitch.
What is the first glitch Pokemon that can be encountered in the first gen games, Other than level 100 nidoking?

If you use the save corruption glitch you get access to Q (FF)/'M (FF) and other glitch Pokémon from the expanded party. So possibly you might be able to deposit glitch Pokémon that appear there and do a glitchLocke with them.

Otherwise the first Pokémon you can encounter is possibly MissingNo., such as from Misty's Starmie or a trainer in Saffron City's Fighting Dojo (available early with Brock Through Walls) but be warned that in Yellow this MissingNo. (one of the regular MissingNo.) will freeze the game unless it's the first time you encountered a glitch Pokémon and you wiped your save file with Up+Select+B.

Other glitch Pokémon are possible with Special stats 191-199, and it's possible an underflowed Level 100 Pokémon could have the Special stat you need.

This image is also useful for showing the Pokémon you can obtain with trainers in Red/Blue:

https://puu.sh/257S

Hope this helps. :)
That may not be possible if the glitch Pokémon register stuff as caught in the pokedex. There is a glitch with oaks parcel where if you register 2 Pokémon to your pokedex before you deliver it where he will never accept it and just rate your pokedex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeC36_MhSBA how would i make it so you can change the item on the first pokemon in the party hence being able to easily get items for other ace tricks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10