Celebi trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitch
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Search Wiki

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: So i read this thread
« Last post by Jchu on Today at 12:24:29 am »
Nah np, I also tend to only speak of one thing. Only here it's in-topic so it works fine. But don't worry about me :)
Alright...thanks :) (as long as you're really alright and stuff^^;; )

I'm assuming that one thing is Pokemon Glitches.
Generation VII Glitch Discussion / Z-Power Trick
« Last post by Shadow Tyrant on Yesterday at 09:57:41 pm »
I was playing pokemon moon on the newest update when I realized that Shuckle was moving out of order but only when I used Z-Power Trick, it would move before my Bronzong and at one point went faster than an Avalugg, which is IMPOSSIBLE for this thing to be faster than anything as it has 0 IVs in speed with a Relaxed nature. Also during one of my battles I fought a Haxorus that taunted the shuckle but when it came around for it to use Z-power trick it ignored the taunt and just used it as if it was never taunted.
Cool stuff here!

You know that Pidgeotto hybrid in R/B that has a volatile fromt sprite? Could you maybe figure out where it takes its sprite data from?
Now in addition to arbitrary code execution and arbitrary learnsets/evolutions we have a glitch Pokémon with an arbitrary sprite!

In Pokémon Yellow glitch Pokémon 0xE6 ("9ゥ") has a variable backsprite which is taken from DAC9 in WRAM.

This is in the range of the stored Pokémon data. If a properly compressed sprite is placed here (such as with offgao's memory editor) it is possible to create a custom sprite.

Furthermore, on some occasions this glitch Pokémon's backsprite will freeze the game (e.g. if the data begins with 00 as this means the dimensions to its sprite are 0x0), but a freeze can be avoided by specifying proper dimensions at the beginning of the file.

Compressing the sprite and inserting it into the game is possible with a combination of this tool and Stag019's Pokémon sprite compressor tool.

(Follow similar steps to these instructions; specifying the size, block size and codec on Tile Molester, pasting the file there and saving it as a 2BPP file and compress the file with Stag019's tool)

Then open the compressed PIC file with a hex editor and copy the data to DAC9.

Here are a few examples. You should be able to make much better files but these are just for demonstration:

Note the Pokémon is "Pidgeot" because I modified a Pidgeot to the 0xE6 glitch Pokémon rather than obtaining one myself. You can do this with any 0xE6 glitch Pokémon in Yellow.

The palette of the sprite will be determined by the second species byte. While using the editor you could modify this byte (such as D16A for the first Pokémon to 80 for the Golduck palette).

I have not yet found a glitch Pokémon with a RAM front sprite but one may exist.

Here is the raw code for my smiley face example:

Code: [Select]
44 B6 55 54 E4 5A A3 0A A5 34 63 92 4C 18 B5 AA A9 4B 92 62 9A 34 A4 A8 62 58 86 89 6A 46 49 92 52 AA 26 48 91 4E 99
21 3B 53 24 94 DD A2 53 34 A6 88 62 16 4B 8A 92 2A 22 56 06 2A 19 2A 94 C1 68 A6 2A 4C 2A AA 30 63 29 4E 05 8D EA
55 55 6A 31 9F 96 74 4C 32 76 49 12 76 49 09 DB 9D AC 4A 71 F4 44 42 11 D5 0C 7E 16

BGB is really good for this as you can open up the debugger, go to DAC9, right click and paste the code.

« Last post by ISSOtm on Yesterday at 03:10:48 pm »
Nah np, I also tend to only speak of one thing. Only here it's in-topic so it works fine. But don't worry about me :)
« Last post by Jchu on Yesterday at 02:23:16 pm »
...I don't mean to repeat myself and stuff :-\

I think I need a break from this forum now after reading ISSO's posts, i guess x.x I mean i do try to talk about other things like in the forum games and stuff. But yeah...
General Discussion / Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness
« Last post by Parzival on Yesterday at 01:38:09 pm »
« Last post by ISSOtm on Yesterday at 09:34:42 am »
I understand, but that Korrina thing is in almost all of her posts. I say thing because I start to find it irrelevant to the topics said posts are in... but as I said, it just annoys me. I didn't say it's against the forum rules - tbh I don't know them off by heart, I just follow "be nice and polite and kick trolls in the ass".

If you're only thinking about Korrina always, that's okay (but I find it rather strange, don't mind me)
« Last post by Torchickens on Yesterday at 08:46:32 am »
Well I bear no grudge against you, maybe what annoys me the most in your posts are your smileys (but that's just my taste :D).
You're not a bad person. I think we've met way worse (like the Prism Discord, anyone ?). It's cool to be what you are.

Also, we know you love Korrina x9000001019911909191, you can stop saying it now. I'm starting to find it creepy. It's fine if you do, but please, stop spamming ^^'

I think it's rude to call anyone bad. Arguably in essence no one is a bad person, we don't know their circumstances.

Jchu can say that re: Korrina if she wants to, that's freedom of speech, but I think the policies here are like as long as what is posted is relevant to the topic (unless in a thread like the member's guide to topiclessness) and isn't bot spam or just advertising, then we can post what we want (although it doesn't specifically say in the rules it might be worth adding a note). This is relevant here because it's about the thread and how Jchu feels.
« Last post by ISSOtm on Yesterday at 07:33:23 am »
Well I bear no grudge against you, maybe what annoys me the most in your posts are your smileys (but that's just my taste :D).
You're not a bad person. I think we've met way worse (like the Prism Discord, anyone ?). It's cool to be what you are.

Also, we know you love Korrina x9000001019911909191, you can stop saying it now. I'm starting to find it creepy. It's fine if you do, but please, stop spamming ^^'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10