Celebi Egg trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitches
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
Glitch Pokémon cries
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site Source Code

Search Wiki

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Generation I Glitch Discussion / Re: Just had some kind of glitch happen with Mimic
« Last post by Whimsical on December 16, 2017, 04:53:03 pm »
Ok, just managed to do it again and did some experimenting. The glitch appears to happen when using Mimic on the same turn the opponent switches out their Pokemon, and Mimic is used on the newly switched in Pokemon. When this happens Mimic will copy a move into the 2nd move slot, regardless of Mimic's actual position, and will use that Move's PP (i.e. the PP of the move that was originally in the second slot) for the PP of the copied move. It also causes the opponent's sprite to disappear.
Generation I Glitch Discussion / Re: Just had some kind of glitch happen with Mimic
« Last post by Whimsical on December 16, 2017, 04:33:11 pm »
Two other details I forgot to mention. The Golbat used Haze, and its sprite disappeared (I don't remember if that was before or after the Haze though)
Not sure but it sounds like that might be new. I'll look into it. Thanks! :)
Generation I Glitch Discussion / Just had some kind of glitch happen with Mimic
« Last post by Whimsical on December 16, 2017, 03:58:17 pm »
Was fighting Agatha with an Eevee (moveset is Double-Edge, Bite, Mimic, Body Slam), and had it lead with Mimic to get a move that it can hit Ghosts with. Agatha switched out her lead Gengar with her Golbat, so I copied Wing Attack from it. Then (I think) I noticed it was copied over slot 2 instead of slot 3 (or maybe I noticed Mimic in slot 2, I don't exactly recall), and used it to get a second copy of Wing Attack on the Eevee (it also might have been that I used Wing Attack and it brought up the copy window again). Sorry for not remembering exactly what happened. Does anyone know what happened in that situation or is this something new?
Have fun with Japanese Blue! I think it's nice to try out the different languages. :)

Japanese Blue's item 0x00 is indeed random to an unknown degree. You can track where its getting its name from by setting a breakpoint to 0:3822 and opening the menu with it in the menu as the first item.

The name is sometimes in RAM or WRAM, hence you have a chance of getting it to be what you want. And if we're really lucky, maybe we can use a special item name in combination with a screen data saving glitch item for a specific instant encounter/out of battle capture like Rival LOL glitch.

I think Red/Green have a weird item 0x00 too, but I haven't checked if it's random.
Pokémon Glitch Discussion / Re: General Pokemon Glitchiness
« Last post by ISSOtm on December 16, 2017, 07:28:40 am »
Start at D2F6, and set everything to zero. This will remove all Pokémon from your Pokédex, including Pikachu.
You can set these back after you obtain the parcel.
« Last post by Mefista on December 15, 2017, 09:42:11 pm »
Yup. Put in 5 + got Pikachu.
« Last post by ISSOtm on December 15, 2017, 09:00:51 pm »
You mean you have 6 Pokémon in the Pokédex ?
« Last post by Mefista on December 15, 2017, 07:39:50 pm »
I goofed up in Debug Yellow (started playing when majorly sleepy - was trying to fix sleep shedule) and made myself have 6 pokemon before delivering Oak's Parcel. What value needs to be changed to fix the prevented progress glitch that it caused? I'd prefer to not lose pokemon I got tho...and editing savestate is not an option cause it's on MeBoy, which on my phone doesn't produce a tangible save file at al.
Writing / Re: A glitchy journey.
« Last post by ISSOtm on December 15, 2017, 04:03:48 pm »
Maybe soon. I didn't plan an ounce of anything scenario-like, so I have no idea what to do :3
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10