Old man trick
Celebi trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitch
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Short History of Glitch City Labs  (Read 7319 times)

Abwayax

• Founder/Technical Support
  • Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Short History of Glitch City Labs
« on: April 12, 2007, 01:00:01 am »
This will be expanded on and included in the main site soon, I just want to get the basics down.

• November 2003 - February 2004: Nemesis Temple site opened on Tripod. This was generally what was considered "noobish", and was created way before I had any working knowledge of PHP or HTML. It was to become a general-purpose Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh site, with emphasis on the "strange" aspects of Pokemon. Work on the site began November 1, 2003 and extended to January 2004, after which the site fell into disrepair due to a lack of guest activity and enthusiasm on the my part and was superseded by a new site. The name "Nemesis Temple" was reused for a newer, unrelated site in 2005 that had to do with a character "Nemesis".
    Nemesis Temple Links: -
  • February 2004 - November 23, 2004: Professor Glitch's Lab, the first modern ancestor of GCL, is opened as a replacement to Nemesis Temple. It was hosted on Tripod, using the same account as Temple. The site had the first Ditto Trick-related breakthroughs, with short pages on Ditto Trick-able Glitches in R/B/Y, as well as Missingno and Yellow and the Ghost/Fossil Missingnos. Later special sections such as Glitch Unowns and Glitch Items were added. To this day there is content on GCL that was taken word-for-word from this old ancestor site. PGL was actively maintained until June 2004, after which plans for a new site were once again developed. The site officially closed down on November 23.
    Professor Glitch's Laboratory Links: -
  • November 23, 2004 - February 13, 2005: The opening of Pokemon Paranormal Research Laboratories (originally Pokemon Phenomenon Research Laboratories). This site had the same vision as GCL, mainly, to be a dynamic site maintained daily by multiple staffpersons and to recieve submissions for research from visitors. It was a subdomain of abwayax.net. It ran on PHPNuke and was not overly successful. The forum engine was originally phpBB integrated with PHPNuke, but switched later to SMF. During the site's run, some of the content from PGL was retained while a new article was written for the regular and Ghost/Skeleton MissingNos. Additionally, pages regarding 3TrainerPoke and PokeWTrainer were added. In February 13, 2005, the forum was disconnected from the PPRL site and combined with the TinyPortal addon for SMF (then in beta stage) to produce Glitch City.
    Pokemon Paranormal Research Laboratories Links: (Note: the site is offline, although some articles were mirrored) -
  • February 13, 2005 - July 2005 - Glitch City, the direct ancestor of Glitch City Labs, is born. This consisted of TinyPortal bolted onto SMF, and glitch content from PPRL and PGL was added in. It retained the pprlforum.abwayax.com URL until April 4, 2005, when the site gained its own domain, glitchcity.net (not in use today). It also featured topsites. During the life of Glitch City, many of GCL's present staff met each other. Project Melchior was also started here, although the data collected wasn't put to any real use until now. In around June 2005, the site was relaunched, now powered by the Mambo CMS engine, while retaining the forums. Due to conflicts with my host at the time, Ideal-Hosting (now dead as well), as well as a feud with opposing glitchologist Crystal Mew (real name Anthony Sottile :P), who seems to have retired, the site "finally kicked the bucket" (according to Izwzyzx) in July (NB. It was believed for a while that Sottile was somehow involved in the death of the site, but nothing has come up).
    Glitch City Links: (Note: the site is offline - Wayback Machine archived some of it) -
  • ??? (August?) 2005 - March 2006 - Glitchcity.net now redirects to Team Zero Hideout. This is the backup forum I established so we can reconvene and plan to re-establish Glitch City. Most of the planning for Glitch City Laboratories was done here. Initially the forum was powered by OvBB (which was very buggy at the time), but later was converted to MyBB. Later on (November 2005, I believe), the idea for a "network" of glitch sites that share one forum was put up, and TZH became the forums of the Super Glitch Alliance. Now Glitch City Laboratories  is established in December 2005 and revealed to the public later. However, the SGA itself never took off and in January or February 2006 the forum became simply the Glitch City Laboratories forum. In March 2006, the MyBB forum was deactivated and all members were referred the new forum - that is, this one.

Team Zero Hideout/Super Glitch Alliance Links: (Note: this forum is offline - Wayback Machine archived some of it) -
  • December 2005 - now: Glitch City Laboratories, the culmination of all these events. It is larger, more comprehensive, successful, and popular than all of its predecessors combined. Let's keep it that way.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 02:27:30 am by Abwayax »
Adrian Malacoda, http://monarch-pass.net

Free Software Foundation member #8136
Electronic Frontier Foundation member
American Civil Liberties Union member

Papa Doc

• Mewtwo's Trainer
  • Oldbie
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Short History of Glitch City Labs
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 08:33:50 pm »
yea,i never knew the history but,i can say,and well fully know,GCL is the best in my oppinion,i have joined other forums,and literaly find no interest,this is the only forum i actually post,and am active on,YAY GCL!!

blitzer

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • I prefer Sphealz.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 10:15:59 pm »
What character called "Nemesis?"
Random Quiz 1
Random Quiz 2
Random Quiz 3
Random Quiz 4

Abwayax

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 10:57:42 pm »
He was a semigod who took over Hell and turned it into a place for people who weren't quite "bad", but have done bad things. He also fought enemies such as The Dark One, Dark Necrofear, Necro, and Dark Sorcerer Zapha.... and had allies such as The Light One (later The Mystic One), Armageddon, and Genesis.

Don Watermeleon

• The Reason We Have Nice Things
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 08:25:47 pm »
Aye, glad to know a bit of the history here. I was actually Admin here once, when I usurped Abwayax's account, but I spared GCL for it is imperative in my Master Plan 3.

Though the Forum seems decently nice so far.
~ Don Watermeleon

Abwayax

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 09:12:32 pm »
You never took my account here, because I changed it after you hacked into Gammapedia.

Don Watermeleon

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 09:13:58 pm »
But I was saying I could have taken it, merely I didn't want to.

I have a heart too, believe it or not.
~ Don Watermeleon

FooBot

• Twilight Dragon
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Kingslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 09:37:50 pm »
cough cough
you forgot to lol
your own words

Don Watermeleon

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 09:39:23 pm »
Lol at what? The part where I have a heart?

I do, really. It's just my heart serves the sole purpose of circulating my blood, and my brain consists of purely evil thoughts. I didn't get any humor.
~ Don Watermeleon

Newo

• Glitch Scientist
  • Veteran Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Mewthree is Dwnage
    • View Profile
    • Glitchcity
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 09:09:36 am »
These 300 members do not want your war inflicted apon them, This is between you and the Knights of Meh.
R/S/Lg/Fr/E Extended Hacker 1.5 for Decamark research ~  New interface and features added!

Don Watermeleon

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 11:11:28 am »
It stopped being that way when you attacked AGS. You drew first blood, GCL.

I shall or shall not usurp GCL soon!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 11:40:46 am by Don Watermeleon »
~ Don Watermeleon

blitzer

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • I prefer Sphealz.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2007, 09:38:05 pm »
It stopped being that way when you attacked AGS. You drew first blood, GCL.

I shall or shall not usurp GCL soon!
That is bad.Just kidding.
Random Quiz 1
Random Quiz 2
Random Quiz 3
Random Quiz 4

Abwayax

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 10:20:03 pm »
You drew first blood, GCL.
So stealing some other person's forum doesn't count as first blood?

Don Watermeleon

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 04:08:29 pm »
Well, shouldn't I be angry if you go around trolling my Pokeshine under the name Green2? You did that first, I recall. And I am deeply offended.
~ Don Watermeleon

Papa Doc

• Mewtwo's Trainer
  • Oldbie
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2007, 06:40:03 pm »
Well, shouldn't I be angry if you go around trolling my Pokeshine under the name Green2? You did that first, I recall. And I am deeply offended.

Well, usurping is a gayass way to get us back, if you are that deeply offended, try to meet Abwayax and kick his ass, anyway, I am on the side of GCL, that is what I would do if someone attacked my forum, which I don't have.