Celebi Egg trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitches
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
Glitch Pokémon cries
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site Source Code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Worst Video Game... EVER  (Read 3144 times)

:56 ERROR

• Uncle Rupee
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • This Glitch-tastic place.
Worst Video Game... EVER
« on: January 22, 2009, 06:54:11 pm »
ET, the Extra Terestrial for the Atari 2600.
The worst video game of all time; so much so that they had to take truck loads of it, and dump it in a desert landfill.
Merely watching a YouTube video of this atrocity corrupts the soul with fail. I feel sorry for those that have played such a horrible game.

This is the game that I voted the worst video game of all time.
Discuss your hated video games here.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 06:55:43 pm by :56 ERROR »
Hail to Oman, may it live forever.
I AM BACK ON GCLF WITH A VENGEANCE, WELCOME ME.

Bassmasta

• May the FSM be with you
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • May the FSM be with you
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Video Game... EVER
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 10:24:09 pm »
I actually heard that that game was one of two games responsible for causing the video game crash of 1983, with the other one being Pac-Man for the Atari 2600.

King Homer

• You suck-diddly-uck, Flanders!
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • ALL HAIL KING HOMER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 05:12:06 pm »
Action 52. Go look it up on Gamefaqs. I am in shock that somebody made that game. Not surprising to see Nintendo did not give it their seal of quality.

I saw a bunch of Youtube videos of all 52 games in it. I am now traumatized.
"Mr. Weed? I can't come to work today. I was in a terrible plane crash. My entire family was killed and I am a vegetable. I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Mr. Toad, how many licks of you does it take to get to the center of a Rhode Island state prison?"
(BAM!)
"JUST ONE."

No, No! Beer bring pain!

I think, therefore I am. I think.

The mayfly lives only one day. AND SOMETIMES, IT RAINS.

"My, my, hey, hey, Rock and roll is here to stay. It's better to burn out, than to fade away, My, my, hey, hey."-Neil Young

"I'm sitting on the corner feeling glad.
Got no money coming in but I can't be sad.
That was the best cup of coffee I ever had.
And I won't worry about a thing because we've got it made,
Here on the inside, outside so far away."
-"Inside", by Jethro Tull

Sherkel

• Reasonably.
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Reasonably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 09:05:49 pm »
Therewas one other game that I heard about, where...I don't even want to talk about it. Some may know which game I mean. Luckily I never owned it. To me looks worse than ET, but haven't seen a video of ET, so...yeah.

King Homer

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • ALL HAIL KING HOMER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 09:35:29 pm »
Here's another one:

Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing for PC.

HORRENDOUS game.
"Mr. Weed? I can't come to work today. I was in a terrible plane crash. My entire family was killed and I am a vegetable. I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Mr. Toad, how many licks of you does it take to get to the center of a Rhode Island state prison?"
(BAM!)
"JUST ONE."

No, No! Beer bring pain!

"My, my, hey, hey, Rock and roll is here to stay. It's better to burn out, than to fade away, My, my, hey, hey."-Neil Young

Glisp

• The Protector of Darkness
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • The Dark Eternal Champion will pwn you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 06:05:19 pm »
Therewas one other game that I heard about, where...I don't even want to talk about it. Some may know which game I mean. Luckily I never owned it. To me looks worse than ET, but haven't seen a video of ET, so...yeah.

I know which one: Micheal Jackson's Moonwalker. I enjoyed it just because of the Special move which is retarded as hell. (Micheal Makes all the enemies dance with him and then they take damage or die.) I played the Arcade and Genesis version. (between you and me I liked the Arcade version better. Micheal Jackson in arcade game: KA ME HA ME HAAAAA! Ohhh here comes a boss! Time to transform into a kick ass robot with guns for hands.)
Back when it was new it was a great game and received high praise from reviewers. When Jackson was labeled a child molester however the game was seen as Garbage. Surprisingly Sonic the Hedgehog 3 was spared the same fate thanks to some quick thinking by Sega Technical Institute and Sonic Team to fire him and have his recording team do the soundtrack instead.

The Genesis version always creeped me out when you opened the door and the little girl said "Micheal!" Actually after hearing it enough I wasn't as creeped out anymore. (it is still very creepy though.) Micheal, you are a good singer but a very creepy person. Only show your face to compose music! XD
Bleah! *Splash and Splatter*

King Homer

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • ALL HAIL KING HOMER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 06:06:24 pm »

I know which one: Micheal Jackson's Moonwalker. I enjoyed it just because of the Special move which is retarded as hell. (Micheal Makes all the enemies dance with him and then they take damage or die.) I played the Arcade and Genesis version. (between you and me I liked the Arcade version better. Micheal Jackson in arcade game: KA ME HA ME HAAAAA! Ohhh here comes a boss! Time to transform into a kick ass robot with guns for hands.)
Back when it was new it was a great game and received high praise from reviewers. When Jackson was labeled a child molester however the game was seen as Garbage. Surprisingly Sonic the Hedgehog 3 was spared the same fate thanks to some quick thinking by Sega Technical Institute and Sonic Team to fire him and have his recording team do the soundtrack instead.

The Genesis version always creeped me out when you opened the door and the little girl said "Micheal!" Actually after hearing it enough I wasn't as creeped out anymore. (it is still very creepy though.) Micheal, you are a good singer but a very creepy person. Only show your face to compose music! XD

Uhhh.....wow.  D:

(BAM!)
"JUST ONE."

No, No! Beer bring pain!

Lauryn the Arisen

• A Shadow Of My Formerself...
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • "That is just offensive what they do." - Ellis
    • View Profile
    • The Hellgar Pack
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 06:15:55 pm »
Worst game, ever huh? I'll have to say an old horror game favorite of mine, is Nightmare Creatures on PS1. The final boss, Adam Crowley, will never fucking die! The b*****d just won't die! I use all sorts of combo moves, on him yet he doesn't die... All I've been able to find over the Internet, is N64 guides to the game, when I only have the PS1, version at that time I never knew of Nightmare Creatures, in my young days, hell I didn't even have an N64, until I was like, 11 or 12. Nightmare Creatures was released in 1997, when I was 9 years old when I was playing it, and for years, I've never been able to beat the the final boss on the level The Roofs (Final level). *Sighs*
R.I.P. Paul Gray - April 8, 1972 – May 24, 2010.
Aishiteru Mutou Yami-Sama. ♥
Poets of the Fall Addict.
-Trainer Card Coming Soon-
"They are no longer... Human." ~ Yao Hisako [Siren 1/Forbidden Siren]

"Come Arisen... Forge in my fire the next link in the endless chain..." - Grigori the Dragon.

Photon-Phoenix

• Gotta pop dem windows.
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 07:56:51 pm »
I've played E.T. and my fingers felt like they were going fall off and I was gonna puke and I was gonna beat my head off a wall so I stopped.

Also, SUPERMAN 64 and Atari Jaguar games.

Sherkel

• Reasonably.
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Reasonably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 04:51:06 pm »

Actually, it was C*****s R*****e.

Lauryn the Arisen

• A Shadow Of My Formerself...
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • "That is just offensive what they do." - Ellis
    • View Profile
    • The Hellgar Pack
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 06:44:34 pm »
Eh? I can't understand that, Sherkel. Another worse game, known to me... Hmm, I would have to say Silent Hill 0rigins. The graphics are nice but since America made it, it just doesn't have that Silent Hill feel to it, anymore. I mean Team Silent Hill of Japan, were fucking brilliant! They made Silent 1 to 4, and they are what I would call Silent Hill games! But, Silent Hill 0rigins, doesn't. The music, is beautiful once again by Mr. Akira Yamaoka, but the game it's self, doesn't feel that scary feeling the other games have. Silent Hill, the original game I played when I was 11, scared the hell out of me and still does, that is what I call a horror game, of Silent Hill, but SH0, doesn't. SHV:Homecoming, is gonna be a let down too. (Silent Hill 5: Homecoming - Silent Hill V: Homecoming, so the reason I called 0rigins, is because it's what it is called in English. Japanese version is Silent Hill Zero.)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 07:02:55 pm by Mutou Yami »
R.I.P. Paul Gray - April 8, 1972 – May 24, 2010.
Aishiteru Mutou Yami-Sama. ♥
Poets of the Fall Addict.
-Trainer Card Coming Soon-
"They are no longer... Human." ~ Yao Hisako [Siren 1/Forbidden Siren]

"Come Arisen... Forge in my fire the next link in the endless chain..." - Grigori the Dragon.

MissingNO. #1 Master

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 05:48:14 am »
I would say Wario:Master of Disguise. Play control is absolutely ATROCIUS.

glitchuntress

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • A glitching good time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 07:40:29 pm »
Action 52. Go look it up on Gamefaqs. I am in shock that somebody made that game. Not surprising to see Nintendo did not give it their seal of quality.

I saw a bunch of Youtube videos of all 52 games in it. I am now traumatized.

I agree, that game was terrible.

Hālian

• That worldbuilding/micronations/MTG guy
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • For a better world
    • View Profile
    • Hoennese Realm
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 07:58:49 pm »
C*****s R*****e?
Hoennese Realm

All sprites made by Naitekiakki, except:
Recolored Gardevoir made by me

Zowayix

• Loose cannon mod who lives on the edge and doesn't play by the rules
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Cool story m8
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 12:40:20 am »
I finally understood that now. Custer's Revenge.

I DON'T THINK THIS SITE COULD EVER BE WORKSAFE