Celebi Egg trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitches
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
Glitch Pokémon cries
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site Source Code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Battle Frontier?  (Read 2199 times)

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
Battle Frontier?
« on: April 30, 2009, 04:28:43 pm »
Is there going to be a Battle Frontier in GCL version?
If so, what will it contain?
3DS FC: 3652-0544-4440

EPIC. Sprites by Mutou Yami, PT
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/sigshortened.png/

Hydrall

• Former Spriter of GCL Version
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Hail to the lost, mighty that they be...
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Frontier?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 05:48:28 am »
That's a very good question, one I'd answer if I could just remember what Battle Frontier was...

Oh yeah.

Well, technically the Glitch World is the 'Frontier', so I expect the big city in there, Valens Arx, would probably have a battle area. It would make for good publicity. :D

In the actual frontier, there'd be three main events: Pokemon Only, Pokemon and Glitches, and Glitches Only. There'd probably also be smaller areas (A super-glitch event? Lulzworthy.) and the normal kinds.
GONE.

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 09:20:43 am »
That's a very good question, one I'd answer if I could just remember what Battle Frontier was...

Oh yeah.

Well, technically the Glitch World is the 'Frontier', so I expect the big city in there, Valens Arx, would probably have a battle area. It would make for good publicity. :D

In the actual frontier, there'd be three main events: Pokemon Only, Pokemon and Glitches, and Glitches Only. There'd probably also be smaller areas (A super-glitch event? Lulzworthy.) and the normal kinds.
That's good, because usually after you beat a Pokemon game, you get bored fast.

Missingno. Master

• Oldbie
  • Offline Offline
  • IM IN UR CLOSET, EATIN UR CLOTHES!!!!!!11!1!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 06:04:37 am »
I actually had an idea for if we were gonna include a Battle Frontier:

Is there going to be a Battle Frontier?  If so, I have ideas for some facilities.

Battle Tower (obviously)

Battle Stadium (works in similar fashion to the Battle Dome in Emerald, except all three of your Pokemon are able to participate in the same battle)

Battle Time Machine (same as Battle Tower, except only Kanto Pokemon with no items and only moves from R/B/Y can enter.  Abilities don't activate, stats are reset as if the Pokemon's nature was neutral, Magnemite/Magneton are pure electric, the Pokemon's special attack and special defense combine into one Special stat, which is what it was in RBY, and the type advantage chart and effects/power/type of moves are set to what they were in RBY.  In essense, it's like battling in RBY, but with better graphics)

Battle Pit (A series of 7 battles, but due to the darkness, moves' accuracy is cut in half, Lock-On and Mind Reader fail, and No Guard doesn't activate.  On the other hand, Flash increases the accuracy of everything on the field.  Any participating Zubat does not suffer from the accuracy drop.)

Battle Rocket (Run by the disbanded Team Rocket: You rent three Pokemon to enter.  After winning a battle, you get to take one of your defeated opponent's Pokemon and add it to your stock.  The three Pokemon you rented, plus anything you steal, is part of a stockpile of Pokemon.  Before each battle, you get to choose your three Pokemon from the stockpile.  After you beat 7 trainers, you win a challenge, and get to keep the last 3 pokemon you used)

Battle Claim (like battle tower, but you are supplied with 30 Great Balls per challenge and can try to capture your opponents' pokemon.  However, your opponents can try to capture your Pokemon as well)

Battle Myth (like battle tower, but only legends are allowed)

Battle Error (like battle tower, but only glitches are allowed)

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 09:23:09 am »
I actually had an idea for if we were gonna include a Battle Frontier:

Is there going to be a Battle Frontier?  If so, I have ideas for some facilities.

Battle Tower (obviously)

Battle Stadium (works in similar fashion to the Battle Dome in Emerald, except all three of your Pokemon are able to participate in the same battle)

Battle Time Machine (same as Battle Tower, except only Kanto Pokemon with no items and only moves from R/B/Y can enter.  Abilities don't activate, stats are reset as if the Pokemon's nature was neutral, Magnemite/Magneton are pure electric, the Pokemon's special attack and special defense combine into one Special stat, which is what it was in RBY, and the type advantage chart and effects/power/type of moves are set to what they were in RBY.  In essense, it's like battling in RBY, but with better graphics)

Battle Pit (A series of 7 battles, but due to the darkness, moves' accuracy is cut in half, Lock-On and Mind Reader fail, and No Guard doesn't activate.  On the other hand, Flash increases the accuracy of everything on the field.  Any participating Zubat does not suffer from the accuracy drop.)

Battle Rocket (Run by the disbanded Team Rocket: You rent three Pokemon to enter.  After winning a battle, you get to take one of your defeated opponent's Pokemon and add it to your stock.  The three Pokemon you rented, plus anything you steal, is part of a stockpile of Pokemon.  Before each battle, you get to choose your three Pokemon from the stockpile.  After you beat 7 trainers, you win a challenge, and get to keep the last 3 pokemon you used)

Battle Claim (like battle tower, but you are supplied with 30 Great Balls per challenge and can try to capture your opponents' pokemon.  However, your opponents can try to capture your Pokemon as well)

Battle Myth (like battle tower, but only legends are allowed)

Battle Error (like battle tower, but only glitches are allowed)

I love that idea!
I like the Battle Pit and the Battle Error.

Photon-Phoenix

• Gotta pop dem windows.
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 05:24:13 pm »
Got have Battle Coast (Cinnabar Island Reference)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 05:24:48 pm by GARY 'M 9 »

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 07:21:39 pm »
Got have Battle Coast (Cinnabar Island Reference)
How would it work?

Photon-Phoenix

• Gotta pop dem windows.
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 07:59:07 pm »
Battle Coast would be like retro mode, only allowing glitches from R/B/Y/G/S/C and ONLY the pokemon obtainable from the East Coast of Cinnabar island.  If the player does not have any of the qualifing pokemon with him/her/it, then he/her/it will have to use three rental pokemon. This is just like battle tower, but with a catch. Players will also be given Switch Balls which will allow a chance for the player to catch the other players Pokemon if the Pokemon is weak enough (though it will be given back to the trainer if it was a non-rental as soon as the player is done battling (the player who caught the non-rental will just be using a glitch projection of the pokemon that will dissappear when leaving the battle area.)

There's also 3 modes, Lv. 50, Lv. 100, and Lv. 255 (If we even GO to level 255.)

Example:

*battle music*
DOUGLAS SENT OUT .4!
GO! TRAINER!
TRAINER USED TM55.
IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE! (25/365)
.4 used TM19
It's not very effective (228/350)
ZACK THREW THE SWITCH BALL
*shakes and click*
.4 WAS CAUGHT!
*continue battle BUT .4 is not usable until the next battle*
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 08:01:13 pm by GARY 'M 9 »

Fivex

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 02:11:14 am »
What about open level?
Also, possibly, each of the frontier brains could have diferent music? I mean, it would all be based on the same thing, but it would be styled diferently.
Also:
Battle twister:
Your team and the oponents team are randomly swapped arround. The ways you could battle are level 100 only and open level.