Celebi trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitch
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Search Wiki

Author Topic: G/S/C glitch discussion  (Read 20593 times)

luckytyphlosion

• Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
  • JACK-flys are OP
    • View Profile
Re: G/S/C glitch discussion
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2014, 08:22:21 pm »
Question regarding Celebi Trick/Bad Clones.

I'm not sure if I have a Bad Clone or not (crystal). When I corrupted my box, the names of the corrupted Pokémon were replaced with 9s and other garbage, some of the pokedex numbers were 255, the moves were (supposedly) 255, and some were holding HM13s. I withdrew one of them, and it reverted to level 100. I tried doing the Celebi Trick, but it didn't work using the supposed bad clone.

http://puu.sh/cWAJJ/496dc4f038.png 4 out of 5 bad clones in the box
http://puu.sh/cWALu/bd335ff6d8.png 1st bad clone
http://puu.sh/cWAMb/95d356cb34.png 2nd bad clone
http://puu.sh/cWAOg/a214a9fe88.png 3rd - 5th bad clones

When I withdraw the Pokemon to be deleted, the seventh Pokemon in the party (original Pokemon) turns into a Cancel Button, so I can only deposit the useless Pokémon, and 3 Good Clones instead of 4. Depositing the Original Pokemon into the Daycare and withdrawing it after depositing and withdrawing the Bad Clone doesn't do anything either.

Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong?

SM

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Saver Mlog
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2014, 09:34:11 pm »
Question regarding Celebi Trick/Bad Clones.

I'm not sure if I have a Bad Clone or not (crystal). When I corrupted my box, the names of the corrupted Pokémon were replaced with 9s and other garbage, some of the pokedex numbers were 255, the moves were (supposedly) 255, and some were holding HM13s. I withdrew one of them, and it reverted to level 100. I tried doing the Celebi Trick, but it didn't work using the supposed bad clone.

http://puu.sh/cWAJJ/496dc4f038.png 4 out of 5 bad clones in the box
http://puu.sh/cWALu/bd335ff6d8.png 1st bad clone
http://puu.sh/cWAMb/95d356cb34.png 2nd bad clone
http://puu.sh/cWAOg/a214a9fe88.png 3rd - 5th bad clones

When I withdraw the Pokemon to be deleted, the seventh Pokemon in the party (original Pokemon) turns into a Cancel Button, so I can only deposit the useless Pokémon, and 3 Good Clones instead of 4. Depositing the Original Pokemon into the Daycare and withdrawing it after depositing and withdrawing the Bad Clone doesn't do anything either.

Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong?

You need pokedex number 0 bad clone to do celebi trick.
You should copy pokemon in box's space that never used(deposited) before.

luckytyphlosion

• Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
  • JACK-flys are OP
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2014, 09:42:54 pm »
Do I need to create a Bad Clone in a never used box, or do I need to clone the Pokemon in a never used box?

SM

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Saver Mlog
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2014, 09:56:36 pm »
Do I need to create a Bad Clone in a never used box, or do I need to clone the Pokemon in a never used box?
Create a bad clone.
Never used empty space's memory address is 00.
You can find it by item underflow glitch in gen 1 too.

Darth Nightmaricus

• Glitch Trainer
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • wants to fight!
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQs 4 Message Boards
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2014, 06:30:01 pm »
I just discovered something...interesting, in Gold. I was in Victory Road, and used the GameShark codes to battle Cal's Lv. 30 loadout in place of wild Pokemon. Post-battle, it reset. I returned to the game, back in the Pokemon League, and the colors were off. Victory Road is now a large mass of white. Your sprite is...odd. Ursaring's body is now black, while its yellow ring is white. It looks...similar to Glitch Dimension, yet different. The colors aren't the same.
Eh...I'll come up with something one day.

drc

• Decamark Collector and Pokémaniac
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • i hate being alive
    • View Profile
    • my music shit
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2015, 10:54:51 am »
I just discovered something...interesting, in Gold. I was in Victory Road, and used the GameShark codes to battle Cal's Lv. 30 loadout in place of wild Pokemon. Post-battle, it reset. I returned to the game, back in the Pokemon League, and the colors were off. Victory Road is now a large mass of white. Your sprite is...odd. Ursaring's body is now black, while its yellow ring is white. It looks...similar to Glitch Dimension, yet different. The colors aren't the same.

The colors are changeable in the glitch dimension, so it is still just that.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:56:33 am by Spoink »
hey, i'm danny. you can call me danny.
i don't know what the f**k i'm doing anymore.
discord me because i'm lonely: big man dan#3383
certified gorillaz trash(tm)

also i make music now

Mewtwo

• The Clone
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Life is wonderful...but why?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2015, 08:59:38 pm »
The other day I quite by accident came across the Celebi glitch using the Coin Case in the databases here and I'm thinking now that I may need to get my hands on new cartridges, my originals all died.

I never knew there were so many in this generation back during my Silver era which was the early 2000's. The only one I ever did, at least that didn't involve a gameshark was the cloning glitch and I mean I abused the hell out of it, I did it countless times yet to my knowledge I NEVER received a bad clone. I didn't even know that could happen until reading this topic.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 09:02:49 pm by Mewtwo »

sunriseespeon

• Resident circle clicker
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Smile for me so, oh my darling!~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2015, 04:39:56 am »
I don't really know where else to put this, but I found this really funny. Not sure if it counts as a glitch, but whatever.

First time healing at a pokemon center in a fresh Crystal save file. This happens. Never happened again, and it didn't affect (effect? I'm half asleep and ill, I don't have time for this.) the game in any way.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 04:43:38 am by sunriseespeon »

Crystalame

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • "Please try again in 0 minutes."
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2015, 06:10:21 am »
This is a very minor glitch and perhaps not particularly useful either, but it makes me very curious.

Bulbapedia claims that the Love Ball has an 8x catch rate on Pokemon of the same species, but also the same gender as the Pokemon you currently have sent out in battle. This begs the question: Does this boost also apply to genderless Pokemon? So if I, for example, were to battle an Unown with an Unown of my own, would the Love Ball grant me an 8x multiplier, or is it exclusively male or female Pokemon?

A more fun (and useful) example would be something like Ho-Oh vs. Ho-Oh, but things like Magnemite and Unown are easier to get :p

I assume that genderless Pokemon are, uh... treated as if the gender mechanic doesn't exist at all (well... duh, but I suppose you never know in the older games), but I thought I'd ask anyway, because it seemed really interesting.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 06:16:46 am by Crystalame »
" 'What will do?' Oh god, I have no idea. What will do? At this point, what can do? And when I saw had no energy left to battle, I knew there was nothing could do."

Háčky

• Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Pick which packet as an error?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2015, 07:37:22 am »
This is a very minor glitch and perhaps not particularly useful either, but it makes me very curious.

Bulbapedia claims that the Love Ball has an 8x catch rate on Pokemon of the same species, but also the same gender as the Pokemon you currently have sent out in battle. This begs the question: Does this boost also apply to genderless Pokemon? So if I, for example, were to battle an Unown with an Unown of my own, would the Love Ball grant me an 8x multiplier, or is it exclusively male or female Pokemon?

A more fun (and useful) example would be something like Ho-Oh vs. Ho-Oh, but things like Magnemite and Unown are easier to get :p

I assume that genderless Pokemon are, uh... treated as if the gender mechanic doesn't exist at all (well... duh, but I suppose you never know in the older games), but I thought I'd ask anyway, because it seemed really interesting.
No, it doesn’t apply to genderless Pokémon.

Crystalame

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • "Please try again in 0 minutes."
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2015, 07:49:09 am »
Alright, I figured it most likely wouldn't, but I thought I'd ask just for the sake of thoroughness. :) Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 07:50:31 am by Crystalame »
" 'What will do?' Oh god, I have no idea. What will do? At this point, what can do? And when I saw had no energy left to battle, I knew there was nothing could do."

MrGlitch

• I am that damn fourth Chaos Emerald
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Aerrordactyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2016, 11:51:57 am »
Actually it does, but it's probably unused. Have one mail in the Mail Box, set A835 to hex:39, and the first 'letter' (actually a control character) in the mail will be 'GREEN'.

Yep. I posted a while back about a glitchy mailbox in Gold that contained dozens of messages with "GREEN" as the body text.

I would like to stress again just how much fun it is to change the first byte of line 0049 to "11".
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 03:08:46 pm by MrGlitch »

bestgoldglitche

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • CHARIZRAD 'M ROXORX or is it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2016, 01:52:18 am »
Hey guys, I started playing around with the glitch moves, index numbers 252, 253, 254, 255 and found some strange results... I got the moves via the coin case glitch, I've got a video on teaching moves here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdpbBYio-T0
Here's what I found:

The names of the moves change seemingly at random depending on the other moves that I've already taught to the pokemon, so I'll refer to them by index.

move 252 : FC
The first time I opened up the battle screen and hit fight it worked fine, when I used it it said: "But nothing happened", the game crashed, and reloaded in a glitch dimension that I havent seen before.  After that, the game crashed every time I opened the fight menu, so I had to use the coin case to delete the move.

move 253 : FD
At this point I had 253, 254, and 255 learned, so this might be caused by some combination of the three, but opening the fight menu required that I press A to read through the rest of the name of 253, then trying to scroll down to another move froze the game.  The second time, the screen loaded without me pressing A.  And scrolling down caused the screen to flash gibberish and go white...  When set as the first move: opening the fight menu caused lots of gibberish to flash on screen and then crash white

move 254 : FE
Scrolling to this one made the screen flash, and my gameboy died at the same, not sure if it was a reset.  Tried it again, that one just makes the screen go black. When set as the first move: opening the fight menu cashed the game with a blank black screen.

move 255 : FF
Scrolled to it, screen went black, then flashed white, then black, and the gameboy died again.  Try again, and again it when black.  When set as the first move: opening the fight menu cashed the game

Oh and I almost forgot:
move 0 : 00
Unfortunately it acts a lot like the rest, just resets the game in the cool glitch dimension

Turns out these dont do much, but I thought I'd document them here

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 01:55:00 am by bestgoldglitche »

Jchu

• Rider and Tamer of ????? and Shadow (Ghost) MissingNo. Kioplies!
  • Oldbie
  • Offline Offline
  • Korrina is cute. MissingNo. is kioplies.
    • View Profile
    • I won't say :U pm me if you wanna know
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2017, 03:18:07 pm »
Back when I used to post on this forum, I was into the g/s/c MissingNo.

I remember battling him (wasn't his name ?????, or something?), he'd be asleep sometimes and the battle would act like a link up battle. It was strange and annoying. I recall poisoned ones had health bars that kept going down too? I think 'paralyzed' ones were the most easy to battle. I don't remember much. Studying this dude again could be fun.

I also used to shark my rom in general and i'd walk through walls. Ended up in a VERY strange place that actually kind of remind's me of kalos in a strange strange way. In fact, i've been to glitched areas that remind me of SHALOUR CITY in layout and general 'feel'....and now I have a crush on the gym leader of that town. Thus, it is, like, my most favorite pokemon town EVER for that reason alone. And now thinking i pretty much visited it in johto may further my love as i also really like pokemon glitches o.o

Also, I used to mess with phone numbers on a crystal rom. They made me lose badges and have black and white maps. I think pokemon battles happened too. I don't remember well; may wanna mess with it again :U

I hope this post was interesting enouth. Sorry for the fangirling elements if they annoyed you at all :U Fangirling is sorta something i'm pretty into, lol. Still...thats interesting....about the glitched towns reminding me of shalour city. In a strange way it makes me think of my one 'missingno.' song I made up from a hoenn tune. Does Satoshi hint at the past and future, much?
I'm not here to annoy; i'm here to have fun. I care about others feelings though and if I end up overdoing anything I am sorry for it.

Hiyo! ^_^ I am Jirachu da Millenium Pikachu...But you can call me Jchu. :D

I'm a fangirl type and have a major crush on Korrina from pokemon x and y. Yep, she's a girl, i know :U WE'VE GOT NOTHING TO HIDE.

I kinda wanna get into glitches again.

Korrina help's me accept my girlyness more o.o

I'm very strange and bazare but just wanna be accepted for it :)

asphere

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • CHARIZRAD 'M ROXORX or is it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2017, 06:57:20 am »
HEY can you help me? is possible to change ID number on pokemon Silver 2gen italian?
if yes can you explain to me?
thanks in advance