Celebi trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitch
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Search Wiki

Author Topic: soft mod consoles  (Read 1017 times)

ドナルド・マクドナルド

• French Fry Overlord
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
soft mod consoles
« on: January 08, 2013, 05:46:00 pm »
it's amazing how much information is on the internet. Just a click away and you can have the whole ps2 library at your fingertips. I recently soft modded my Ps2 with freemcboot, using the disk swap trick with 007 agent under fire. I originally didn't have 007 so I ended up wasting an entire day from 10 a.m. to 1 a.m. the next morning trying out what few games i had. Turns out that the only files i can replace was on my mortal kombat games, and they won't work unless i have a wireless adapter for the ps2. I coughed up the money at a game store and purchased the game. WORTH EVERY PENNY. (even though it was only 5 bucks) I might consider modding my wii once the wii u finally picks up pace. When the updates for the wii stop, that will be the prime time to do that. The tutorials can be found online, if you want links or have any questions doing it, just reply. (even though the tutorials SHOULD explain most of it.)

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
Re: soft mod consoles
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 08:50:18 pm »
I don't think there's been an update to the Wii since Wii Menu 4.3 came out a while ago.

All the homebrew you need, including the Homebrew Channel, Bootmii, WADder, IOS Patcher, Emulators, etc, work perfectly on the current firmware, and it'd be unlikely that Nintendo comes out with an update to the old Wii.

Having had all of this homebrew since Wii Menu 3.3, I'd say it works quite nicely and is easy to reinstall, as Wii softmodders respond to the simple coding of the Wii very quickly and are able to patch their respective Homebrew quickly. So even if Nintendo does update their firmware, which I doubt, new versions of the hacks will be out soon.

If you have Smash Brothers, Smash Stack is a great way to get started with the Homebrew Channel. Then load up some Trucha-Bugged IOSes and get the Homebrew Browser (Which is a great way to browse most of the apps for the Homebrew Channel) and you'd be good to go.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-4440

EPIC. Sprites by Mutou Yami, PT
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/sigshortened.png/

Zowayix

• Loose cannon mod who lives on the edge and doesn't play by the rules
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Cool story m8
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 05:16:44 am »
+1 for the Wii being really easy to softmod (for homebrew, not necessarily ISOs of commercial games and such). I think the Dreamcast also deserves special mention here, as it is my understanding you don't even have to softmod it and can just run whatever code you want completely vanilla right there.

Then again, you can do that with a PC, but I suppose that's irrelevant to this topic :p

I DON'T THINK THIS SITE COULD EVER BE WORKSAFE

Photon-Phoenix

• Gotta pop dem windows.
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 09:03:30 am »
+1 for the Wii being really easy to softmod (for homebrew, not necessarily ISOs of commercial games and such). I think the Dreamcast also deserves special mention here, as it is my understanding you don't even have to softmod it and can just run whatever code you want completely vanilla right there.

Then again, you can do that with a PC, but I suppose that's irrelevant to this topic :p

You need to patch the code up sliiiightly but yeah.

Hālian

• That worldbuilding/micronations/MTG guy
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • For a better world
    • View Profile
    • Hoennese Realm
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 01:56:27 pm »
I think the Dreamcast also deserves special mention here, as it is my understanding you don't even have to softmod it and can just run whatever code you want completely vanilla right there.

Indeed.  The only thing you have to do to play pirated/backed-up games on a Dreamcast is scramble the ISO in a specific way and burn it to a CD-R.
Hoennese Realm

All sprites made by Naitekiakki, except:
MissingNo. egg made by Reimoni
Recolored Gardevoir made by me