Celebi trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitch
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Updating the wiki and its future  (Read 4508 times)

Torchickens

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Updating the wiki and its future
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2014, 06:14:38 pm »
Another thing I don't really like are the speedrunner glitches. The category doesn't have much purpose, and it's also arbitrary on what a "speedrunning glitch" is (don't get me started on the "Catch 'em All Speedrun") so I say that we should move the pages in the category to the Major/Minor Glitches.

Good point.

Same with those. What defines a "Major" Glitch and a "Minor" Glitch?

I will try to come up with some sort of solution. The next thing I'm planning to do is combine the Mew Trick and Ditto Trick page to create a "Trainer escape glitch" page and add more information, so I'll work on forming some sort of rule for categories of glitches after that.

Fun fact: The Trainer-Fly glitch is known in Japanese on Legendary Star Blob as the 'Special Encounter glitch' (Japanese: とくしゅエンカウント). That's actually a pretty good name for it, just that the talking to trade NPCs thing messes that name up, plus you don't always get a Special encounter if the last text box wasn't the start menu and you can work the glitch so you encounter an undefeated Trainer from the place you return to, not a Special stat Pokémon/Trainer.

If you don't have Red/Blue ones, I could use Bulbapedia as it has English Red/Blue glitch Pokémon sprites, though a few are wrong

yeah, but i could just gather all the English Red/Blue sprites aswell.
And Since i initially just assumed Bulbapedia had the right sprites already, I feel like checking all of them myself just to be sure that GlitchCityLaboraiories are using the sprites like they are supposed to be displayed.
And this time it won't take as long to do like the japanese sprites since now i just have to compare and see which of the bulbapedia sprites is correct already. =)

Yeah, please do that. I'd appreciate it. Sorry for not replying right away.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 05:42:10 am by Torchickens »
Hello. I actually identify as gender questioning, but nowadays feel more firmly that I identify as female. My sex is male but I like to express myself as female.  She/her pronouns, please.

Thank you TMTRAINER for my avatar and Aeriixion for the cute sprite! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

Beyond all philosophies are the things that go best for you; what makes you feel content. It's important to always follow your heart, so unless you feel perfectly happy about it don't just follow something because it is popular, fits a style or is conventional. Sometimes you may reach a point you're not sure who you are, but as things settle I'm convinced things do work out in time.

TheZZAZZGlitch

• Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Unknown opcode fc at 801a
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 10:15:12 am »
Outside of updating the Wiki, I have a question regarding the 'Interactive Tools' section on the sidebar. None of them seem to be working anymore.
I know HTML/JavaScript on a fairly decent level, and I could recreate these tools, as well as create some new ones. Should I do it, would it be of any use to someone?
qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF qÁF

Torchickens

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2014, 11:08:36 am »
Outside of updating the Wiki, I have a question regarding the 'Interactive Tools' section on the sidebar. None of them seem to be working anymore.
I know HTML/JavaScript on a fairly decent level, and I could recreate these tools, as well as create some new ones. Should I do it, would it be of any use to someone?

That would be useful, but I suggest maybe you should email Abwayax for permission first, in case he still has the code and just hasn't re-implemented the old tools on to the site.

I have no problem with you making new tools. Go for it, if you like and I will put them on the sidebar.

Newest update: Coin Case glitches.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:21:23 am by Torchickens »
Hello. I actually identify as gender questioning, but nowadays feel more firmly that I identify as female. My sex is male but I like to express myself as female.  She/her pronouns, please.

Thank you TMTRAINER for my avatar and Aeriixion for the cute sprite! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

Beyond all philosophies are the things that go best for you; what makes you feel content. It's important to always follow your heart, so unless you feel perfectly happy about it don't just follow something because it is popular, fits a style or is conventional. Sometimes you may reach a point you're not sure who you are, but as things settle I'm convinced things do work out in time.

pokechu22

• Decamark Researcher+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 04:17:34 pm »
I know that there are a few other things that probably would be worth having tools for - A GameShark code generator and a GameGenie code generator. 

For reference, I guess, I will add info on GameShark codes in this post, and you can read the specifics of GameGenie codes on this page.

GameShark format: BBVVYYXX, where BB is the bank, usually 01 (I don't know the details of this), VV is the value, and XXYY (note the order swap) is the address. 

EDIT: I just noticed something else: The sections for mew glitch and ditto trick aren't actually linked to the subsection.  The links should go to here and here.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 09:21:44 pm by pokechu22 »
When I underline text, that usualy means I am using the [‍acroynm] tag to provide aditional information.  Hover over it to view.
My youtube channel

Torchickens

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2014, 08:19:26 am »
OK. Replaced with redirects. Anchors on the sidebar didn't work for some reason.

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

camper

• aka GlitcherRed, azum4roll
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • 975642dx║'r DExsfoF▓1 error.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2014, 09:39:00 am »
Made some changes to Trainer escape glitch page.

Also, removing Snorlax doesn't require Fly or access to Lavender Town. There's a long range trainer on Route 6 and Teleport can be used.
Youtube

Guess where this is?

Torchickens

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 03:24:02 pm »
One of the next major updates is Evolve with an evolutionary stone. I added all the stone/item glitch Pokémon evolutions that echinodermata found. Though at least one works, I will have to verify all of them at one point. Plus due to some of them happening at levels over 100, certain evolutions may be impossible without the Pokémon being an unstable hybrid (i.e. donor byte controls the experience cap, recipient byte controls the level calculation), but being an unstable hybrid doesn't necessarily mean you can grow to a certain level.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 03:33:58 pm by Torchickens »

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

Hālian

• That worldbuilding/micronations/MTG guy
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • For a better world
    • View Profile
    • Hoennese Realm
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2014, 10:22:00 pm »
Suggestion: make the glitchmon cries stop autoplaying, or remove them entirely. >x<
Hoennese Realm

All sprites made by Naitekiakki, except:
MissingNo. egg made by Reimoni
Recolored Gardevoir made by me

camper

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2014, 02:51:54 am »
The attack stage can also be rose to 8 through the use of an X Attack or rose up to 9 through Swords Dance.
You can let the Ditto use Swords Dance to raise the attack stage to 13. 8, 10 and 12 can be achieved by Growl.
Youtube

Guess where this is?

pokechu22

• Decamark Researcher+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2014, 09:05:16 am »
For whatever reason, when on the forums the "Reference Documents" section merges with "Unused Content and Prerelease Information".  The latter's header dissapears.  It reapears when on the wiki. 
When I underline text, that usualy means I am using the [‍acroynm] tag to provide aditional information.  Hover over it to view.
My youtube channel

hpoké_coloradohugge

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • I like Pokémon...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2014, 11:04:23 am »
If you don't have Red/Blue ones, I could use Bulbapedia as it has English Red/Blue glitch Pokémon sprites, though a few are wrong

I Checked every glitch pokemon (Dec BF-FF) on Red and Blue and i fixed some mistakes that are present on some of the sprites that bulbapedia is using,
Do you need them aswell? cause i can send a link. =)

camper

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2014, 12:15:59 pm »
Note that some sprites locate on the RAM and aren't constant.
Youtube

Guess where this is?

Torchickens

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2014, 01:19:48 pm »

I Checked every glitch pokemon (Dec BF-FF) on Red and Blue and i fixed some mistakes that are present on some of the sprites that bulbapedia is using,

Yes please, that would be great.

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

hpoké_coloradohugge

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • I like Pokémon...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2014, 08:41:46 am »

Yes please, that would be great.

OK here is the Link: <OUTDATED LINK>

Also, I have a question aswell:

So if we are improveing the GlitchDex, is it possible to have every version of every GlitchPokémon on the list; like the English, Japanese, Frensh, Spanish and German version?

Cause there's still alot of neat things to be found in allt the other versions (language wise) of Generation 1 GlitchPokémon that I can't find being covered ever before on any other site.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:04:34 am by hpoké_coloradohugge »

Torchickens

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2014, 09:45:42 am »
Thanks. This is really handy :).

That sounds like a good idea, but it would take ages to collect and submit all of the data. I suggest it shouldn't be on GlitchDex, but rather a page like JPGlitchDex or ESGlitchDex then say ィ゙ゃゾ┛A (hex:00) could go under JPGlitchDex/RG:000.

I really think that the GlitchDex should be wikified.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:51:05 am by Torchickens »

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki