Celebi trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitch
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Bad Egg without cheating in ORAS?  (Read 4775 times)

argentum

• 0 ERROR
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • don't use the pomeg berry. it's deadly.
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Egg without cheating in ORAS?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 04:03:46 pm »
To MidnightNinetales and other readers: We successfully traded the Egg.

Ha ha.

Edit: I wonder if it'll reset one of the values in the egg cycles or something? I don't know what I'm saying anymore ahahah

Not sure. I'm going to see if I can hatch the Egg and if not check what is in the Egg/number of cycles using this, then see if I can hatch it. I'm afraid I've got to go shortly, so I will have to try this tomorrow.
All I can say is that I wish you luck, because if my hypothesis is correct, you may be doing that for a while.
Hopefully I knocked off a good amount of cycles (in the hopes that the hatching power lv.3 did its job, which it should have if the egg can be hatched, and since it seems like a normal egg, it should be able.) that should take away enough of the time. xP
The last thing I have to ask is if it still says that it'll take a long time yet to hatch.

Ah, well, my curiosity is satisfied for now. I'm just glad I can get back to training my Ralts and Umbreon. xP
I like Pomeg Berries.
I need to remember what I can get through the Old man glitch:
Raticate Level 177
Magnemite Level 164
Missingno. Level 179

MidnightNinetales

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • It's an adorable PUT IT AWAY.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 04:08:21 pm »
I kinda wish there was a cloning glitch in gen VI, so I could try hatching the egg too. But I wouldn't be able to anyway, since both X and Y need to be updated, and I can't do that without updating my 3DS.

argentum

• 0 ERROR
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 04:13:26 pm »
I kinda wish there was a cloning glitch in gen VI, so I could try hatching the egg too. But I wouldn't be able to anyway, since both X and Y need to be updated, and I can't do that without updating my 3DS.
I'm pretty sure there is one, the classic shut-off-one-console-in-the-middle-of-the-trade-and-maybe-also-corrupt-someone's-save-file-and-also-risk-losing-the-egg-altogether method. xD
Though even if there was that'd prevent it anyway so it doesn't matter
I like Pomeg Berries.
Raticate Level 177
Magnemite Level 164
Missingno. Level 179

Krys3000

• The frenchie
  • Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Head admin of the PRAMA Initiative
    • View Profile
    • PRAMA Initiative - Main french pokemon glitch website
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 03:25:41 am »

The cloning glitch from Gen I, IV and V still works in Gen VI. However, successive updates of the game seems to minimize the timing in which you have to shut down the game. Last time I tried in a 1.3 X and 1.3 RO/SA, it worked though was slightly harder than in 1.2.
There are some reports saying that 1.4 RO/SA cloning is considerably harder, and a user of PRAMA's board also reported that when you suceed, the Pokémon might disappear at the following trade, though I have not verified such statement so far.

Torchickens

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2015, 10:36:10 am »
Argentum, I hatched the Egg you gave me earlier today and it hatched into a level 1 male Togepi, Jolly nature, with the ability Hustle and the quick tempered characteristic.

It has normal moves (Growl, Charm) so I'm not sure if you gave me the wrong Egg. Do you want this Pokémon back?
Hello. I actually identify as gender questioning, but nowadays feel more firmly that I identify as female. My sex is male but I like to express myself as female.  She/her pronouns, please.

Thank you Myri for my avatar! Thank you Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

Beyond all philosophies are the things that go best for you; what makes you feel content. It's important to always follow your heart, so unless you feel perfectly happy about it don't just follow something because it is popular, fits a style or is conventional. Sometimes you may reach a point you're not sure who you are, but as things settle I'm convinced things do work out in time.

argentum

• 0 ERROR
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 11:10:37 am »
Argentum, I hatched the Egg you gave me earlier today and it hatched into a level 1 male Togepi, Jolly nature, with the ability Hustle and the quick tempered characteristic.

It has normal moves (Growl, Charm) so I'm not sure if you gave me the wrong Egg. Do you want this Pokémon back?
Huh, that's honestly surprising. I guess the message change thing is just aesthetic, so I'll hatch the other one and see what happens.
I don't really need it back, though. You can keep it.

Edit: After six minutes of laps, Hatching Powers, and Flame Body, I've managed to get it down to "It doesn't seem close to hatching."
Maybe it's got something to do with how hacked Pokémon have been on my save file to make it like this?
Edit 2#: It finally hatched, but it was what it was supposed to be.
Strangely enough, it still took a lot more egg cycles that it should have. I wonder why.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:26:55 am by argentum »
I like Pomeg Berries.
Raticate Level 177
Magnemite Level 164
Missingno. Level 179