Celebi trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitch
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Re: Obtaining Shaymin and Darkrai with the Void Glitch in 10 minutes!  (Read 123 times)

Krys3000

• The frenchie
  • Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Head admin of the PRAMA Initiative
    • View Profile
    • PRAMA Initiative - Main french pokemon glitch website
It works for Darkrai. That's truely amazing, thanks!

Aera

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • ... ...
    • View Profile
Re: Obtaining Shaymin and Darkrai with the Void Glitch in 10 minutes!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 04:50:59 am »
Now I say it's impossible to get Heatran to appear before having the National Dex.

PROVE ME WRONG FOLKS  :D

T
Welcome to the Battle Tower! I am your guide to the Single and Double Battle Rooms. Would you like to take the Battle Room challenge?

>CHALLENGE
>INFO
>DARKRAI
>SHAYMIN
>EXIT

SatoMew

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
[DELETED]
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 08:48:41 pm »
[DELETED]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:01:56 pm by SatoMew »

Aera

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • ... ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 07:48:24 am »
Hey, most of you won't know me so I'll give a brief introduction.

I'm a very rare case in this community, I'm one of the only people here to have grown up with Generation 4. I have memories of seeing YouTube videos when I was 9 or 10 of people catching Shaymin and Darkrai with glitches. At the time I didn't even bother trying, I didn't understand how they were doing anything so I moved on. Until 6 months ago I wasn't involved in this community at all actually, but in such little time I'm able to present to you something I wouldn't imagine to be possible 6 months ago. Well, that's enough about me, on to what you've all been waiting for.

Prerequisites:

A Pokémon with Fly or Teleport
The Explorer Kit (Use it before you enter the void, you will crash otherwise)
The Bicycle
The Berry Map (Obtainable in the Route 208 house, the other map on the Poketch works fine too)
Poké Balls (Obviously)

Optional:

The Counter Poketch app (This can be used as a substitute for the step counter to help prevent you messing up the steps by accident, as you won't be able to use the step counter after you save and reset in Battle Tower)

If you choose to use the Counter Poketch app and you haven't visited Veilstone City yet, here's a short and easy way to get it using the void:
https://pastebin.com/gXvMfUkF

From the Poketch Co. Void:

1 S

17 W

14 N

638 W

SR

211 W

1489 S

96 E

448 S

96 E

576 S

211 E

47 S

SR

IMPORTANT SIDENOTE: Your step counter DOES NOT work in the Battle Tower Void, you will have to count some steps yourself

East until you hit an invisible wall

North until you hit an invisible wall

9 S

Change your Poketch app to the Berry Map/Tracker

Darkrai:

East until you’re underneath Newmoon Island

1W repeatedly until you’re above Iron Island

If you're using the Counter Poketch app switch to it now and tap it every time you take a step, if you need to reset it switch to another app then switch back (the Counter is app 11)

42 N or 21 N twice

1 E (If you hit an invisible wall, go 1 N  1 E)

If you're using the Counter Poketch app make sure to reset it here

8 S

12 E

SR

Darkrai!

Shaymin:

East until you’re above the top part of Route 224 (Where the white rock is located)

1 W until you’re above the lower part of Route 224

1 E

If you're using the Counter Poketch app switch to it now and tap it every time you take a step, if you need to reset it switch to another app then switch back (the Counter is app 11)

15 E

SR

Shaymin!

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XzGdCYuJ00&t=1s (Darkrai)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x10XJWRhyI (Crystalmourne's video on Shaymin)

(If people want me to record the Shaymin route I will do that eventually)

Explanation:
From the very beginning of this route there are a few things going on which you probably won't notice while playing. First of all, the 211 West is technically not necessary, it actually lines us up with a Newmoon Island which helps with positioning later on, from here the smaller changes in direction are to avoid a minefield of Pokémon Leagues that cause a BSOD when saving and resetting in the Battle Tower. After the reset we take advantage of invisible walls to travel back to where Sinnoh is, using the Berry Map to determine our location. That's pretty much it for both legendaries.

More on the Battle Tower Void:
The Battle Tower Void is an anomaly to say the least. Upon entering it even through normal circumstances there are some serious changes to the RAM which has an effect on the void. It's the only void in the entire game that allows you to open the menu in a Mystery Zone which opens up the ability to access anywhere you want in exterior Sinnoh by saving where that location would be and appearing there upon reset, in fact this is exactly how the Japanese method of capturing Darkrai and Shaymin works, the main difference being their ability to use the step counter. Other oddities include an abundance of miscellaneous tiles in the void, a lot of repetitive invisible walls and no changes in the X and Y coordinates at all (This is why the step counter doesn't work).

Pokémon Bank:
Here's something you didn't expect to see here. It's been common knowledge for a while that Shaymin and Darkrai cannot be sent to Generation 7 without the use of external devices, however that is only partially true. Darkrai and Arceus can be transfered if they meet specific conditions, Shaymin unfortunately cannot be transfered at all as of now.

Requirements for Darkrai:
Leveled up to 50 in D/P
Doesn't know Pursuit

Requirements for Arceus:
Levelled up to 100 in D/P

Other info:
This hasn't been tested on all versions of the game but definitely works on EU and US copies, it should work perfectly fine on the rest.

Messing up the steps before the SR which puts you in Newmoon or Seabreak can possibly brick your save file, if you follow the steps carefully you should never experience this problem. If you do, Walk Through Walls, Pokesav, PKHeX etc can be used to escape. You can also surf on the water in Seabreak Path if you have a surf pokemon and are going for Shaymin, this may also be true for the water in Newmoon Island but it's currently untested.

Credits:
Everyone at the Hall of Origin Discord server
MKDasher for finalising most of this route
SatoMew for their video on this void
Cryo for unintentionally going through a Battle Tower with his Arceus steps

Update list:
Added a section about the optional usage of the Counter app and changed both routes to have info about how and when to use it. (April 3rd)

That's all, if any updates to this post are necessary I'll update it ASAP. Until next time void explorers, enjoy your Shaymins and Darkrais.

Aera~

Welcome to the Battle Tower! I am your guide to the Single and Double Battle Rooms. Would you like to take the Battle Room challenge?

>CHALLENGE
>INFO
>DARKRAI
>SHAYMIN
>EXIT

Aera

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • ... ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 07:49:52 am »
Hey, most of you won't know me so I'll give a brief introduction.

I'm a very rare case in this community, I'm one of the only people here to have grown up with Generation 4. I have memories of seeing YouTube videos when I was 9 or 10 of people catching Shaymin and Darkrai with glitches. At the time I didn't even bother trying, I didn't understand how they were doing anything so I moved on. Until 6 months ago I wasn't involved in this community at all actually, but in such little time I'm able to present to you something I wouldn't imagine to be possible 6 months ago. Well, that's enough about me, on to what you've all been waiting for.

Prerequisites:

A Pokémon with Fly or Teleport
The Explorer Kit (Use it before you enter the void, you will crash otherwise)
The Bicycle
The Berry Map (Obtainable in the Route 208 house, the other map on the Poketch works fine too)
Poké Balls (Obviously)

Optional:

The Counter Poketch app (This can be used as a substitute for the step counter to help prevent you messing up the steps by accident, as you won't be able to use the step counter after you save and reset in Battle Tower)

If you choose to use the Counter Poketch app and you haven't visited Veilstone City yet, here's a short and easy way to get it using the void:
https://pastebin.com/gXvMfUkF

From the Poketch Co. Void:

1 S

17 W

14 N

638 W

SR

211 W

1489 S

96 E

448 S

96 E

576 S

211 E

47 S

SR

IMPORTANT SIDENOTE: Your step counter DOES NOT work in the Battle Tower Void, you will have to count some steps yourself

East until you hit an invisible wall

9 S

Change your Poketch app to the Berry Map/Tracker

Darkrai:

East until you’re underneath Newmoon Island

1W repeatedly until you’re above Iron Island

42 N or 21 N twice

1 E (If you hit an invisible wall, go 1 N  1 E)

8 S

12 E

SR

Darkrai!

Shaymin:

East until you’re above the top part of Route 224 (Where the white rock is located)

1 W until you’re above the lower part of Route 224

1 E

15 E

SR

Shaymin!

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XzGdCYuJ00&t=1s (Darkrai)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x10XJWRhyI (Crystalmourne's video on Shaymin)

(If people want me to record the Shaymin route I will do that eventually)

Explanation:
From the very beginning of this route there are a few things going on which you probably won't notice while playing. First of all, the 211 West is technically not necessary, it actually lines us up with a Newmoon Island which helps with positioning later on, from here the smaller changes in direction are to avoid a minefield of Pokémon Leagues that cause a BSOD when saving and resetting in the Battle Tower. After the reset we take advantage of invisible walls to travel back to where Sinnoh is, using the Berry Map to determine our location. That's pretty much it for both legendaries.

More on the Battle Tower Void:
The Battle Tower Void is an anomaly to say the least. Upon entering it even through normal circumstances there are some serious changes to the RAM which has an effect on the void. It's the only void in the entire game that allows you to open the menu in a Mystery Zone which opens up the ability to access anywhere you want in exterior Sinnoh by saving where that location would be and appearing there upon reset, in fact this is exactly how the Japanese method of capturing Darkrai and Shaymin works, the main difference being their ability to use the step counter. Other oddities include an abundance of miscellaneous tiles in the void, a lot of repetitive invisible walls and no changes in the X and Y coordinates at all (This is why the step counter doesn't work).

Pokémon Bank:
Here's something you didn't expect to see here. It's been common knowledge for a while that Shaymin and Darkrai cannot be sent to Generation 7 without the use of external devices, however that is only partially true. Darkrai and Arceus can be transfered if they meet specific conditions, Shaymin unfortunately cannot be transfered at all as of now.

Requirements for Darkrai:
Leveled up to 50 in D/P
Doesn't know Pursuit

Requirements for Arceus:
Levelled up to 100 in D/P

Other info:
This hasn't been tested on all versions of the game but definitely works on EU and US copies, it should work perfectly fine on the rest.

Messing up the steps before the SR which puts you in Newmoon or Seabreak can possibly brick your save file, if you follow the steps carefully you should never experience this problem. If you do, Walk Through Walls, Pokesav, PKHeX etc can be used to escape. You can also surf on the water in Seabreak Path if you have a surf pokemon and are going for Shaymin, this may also be true for the water in Newmoon Island but it's currently untested.

Credits:
Everyone at the Hall of Origin Discord server
MKDasher for finalising most of this route
SatoMew for their video on this void
Cryo for unintentionally going through a Battle Tower with his Arceus steps

Update list:
Added a section about the optional usage of the Counter app and changed both routes to have info about how and when to use it. (April 3rd)

That's all, if any updates to this post are necessary I'll update it ASAP. Until next time void explorers, enjoy your Shaymins and Darkrais.

Aera~

>CHALLENGE
>INFO
>DARKRAI
>SHAYMIN
>EXIT