Celebi Egg trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitches
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
Glitch Pokémon cries
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site Source Code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Want to help out?  (Read 4106 times)

Sherkel

• Reasonably.
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Reasonably.
    • View Profile
Want to help out?
« on: February 21, 2010, 07:07:41 pm »
Most pages from the main site have already been transported to the wiki and rewritten. Mainly, what remains are the 'Dexes. However, one major part of the site in need of reformatting is the Gameshark codes page. Creating the page in a comprehensive and organized format will take a long time with the insane amount of codes, so why not help out? It'll be an easy way to get involved. Simply follow the format already introduced here: http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php?title=Pok%C3%A9mon_GameShark_Codes_(Generation_I)&stable=0
and add more codes from the makeshift page here:
http://www.glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/Pokemon_Red,_Blue_and_Yellow_Gameshark_Codes
Any values that don't seem to have been documented, or any codes that don't seem to have a known effect? Test them out, and add your findings. This'll be a long project, so if you feel like helping, please do!

Evie ✿

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Want to help out?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 02:28:15 am »
I'll try to help with a lot of this, at the end it might turn out to be one extremely large page but I can't imagine how much more convenient it would be if it had its own contents page. It would be great, I would just skip to '20.1:Location codes' for example.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 02:35:03 am by Torchickens »
Hi! I identify as transgender female.  She/her pronouns, please.

Online I most often use the username Torchickens or Chickasaurus.

Thank you Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

I like to collect interesting video games.
https://www.vgcollect.com/Torchickens

The psychology of birth (including spiritual birth): pain>acceptance/courage in face of pain>embracement>unconditional love and strength

Beyond all philosophies are the things that go best for you; what makes you feel content. It's important to always follow your heart, so unless you feel perfectly happy about it don't just follow something because it is popular, fits a style or is conventional. Sometimes you may reach a point you're not sure who you are, but as things settle I'm convinced things do work out in time.

Glisp

• The Protector of Darkness
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • The Dark Eternal Champion will pwn you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 11:02:53 am »
I might be able to add the Gameshark SP codes I swiped from Gameshark.com to the wiki for the purpose of archiving them.
Bleah! *Splash and Splatter*

Sherkel

• Reasonably.
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Reasonably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 02:11:40 pm »
I'll try to help with a lot of this, at the end it might turn out to be one extremely large page but I can't imagine how much more convenient it would be if it had its own contents page. It would be great, I would just skip to '20.1:Location codes' for example.
Now that's a great idea. You mean a page with links to about 100 other pages containing codes? Let's do that.

Evie ✿

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 02:28:51 pm »
I must say, the page is definitely starting to become more readable now when compared to the old article!

Thank you Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

The psychology of birth (including spiritual birth): pain>acceptance/courage in face of pain>embracement>unconditional love and strength

Beyond all philosophies are the things that go best for you; what makes you feel content. It's important to always follow your heart, so unless you feel perfectly happy about it don't just follow something because it is popular, fits a style or is conventional. Sometimes you may reach a point you're not sure who you are, but as things settle I'm convinced things do work out in time.

Sherkel

• Reasonably.
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Reasonably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 02:38:48 pm »
I must say, the page is definitely starting to become more readable now when compared to the old article!
Wow. You just did all that? If we both keep it up, and get other helpers...(ahem)...we may eventually get this done!

Evie ✿

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 02:48:54 pm »
The actual content I did in the morning, it took a while to do all of the First Pokémon codes but once that is done it is relatively easy to copy and paste it and change the codes to correspond to the Second Pokémon and so on. It took about an hour and a half or so to do those three large Pokémon information sections as even when copy and pasting it took me about 15 minutes to change everything.

All I did just now was copy and paste information and move it into sections like Pokémon Gameshark Codes (Generation I)/Second Pokémon.

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

Sherkel

• Reasonably.
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Reasonably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 07:46:19 pm »
Fourth Pokémon done. Since I have time, I'll do fifth as well.
Hmm...something we've both been forgetting. Make sure to change every reference to which Pokémon (i.e. second) to the correct number. I'll go through the others when I finish 5th (no, not 5th, the page for the codes for the fifth Pokémon).
Actually, you only did it once. I scanned the pages and fixed all the errors. Shall I do the 6th? Then we'll do the enemy Pokémon.
6th done. You can look over for typos if you want, but I'm getting tired. If there are none, we'll go on to the enemy Pokémon. Thanks a lot for the template.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 08:15:44 pm by Tombstoner »

Wack0

• Coder, reverser, beta collector [BetaArchive staff]
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • cBRH - Doing nothing since 2k7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 11:23:03 am »
Now that's a great idea. You mean a page with links to about 100 other pages containing codes? Let's do that.
No, he means putting them in sections wrapped in ==, like
Code: [Select]
==Location codes==
C H E C K E D . B U I L D S . A R E . A W E S O M E N E S S

BetaArchiveSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #galaxy,#softhistory

Also known as The Distractor.

Shane, please stop telling children that there's a Mew outside under the delivery trucks. - Management

Pokémon: arbitrary code execution 1996-2016

Sherkel

• Reasonably.
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Reasonably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 02:09:42 pm »
No, he means putting them in sections wrapped in ==, like
Code: [Select]
==Location codes==
That's what I was planning, and no way is that going to work as well as what we've started. He's the one who started the separate pages anyway.

Evie ✿

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 03:04:19 pm »
Fourth Pokémon done. Since I have time, I'll do fifth as well.
Hmm...something we've both been forgetting. Make sure to change every reference to which Pokémon (i.e. second) to the correct number. I'll go through the others when I finish 5th (no, not 5th, the page for the codes for the fifth Pokémon).
Actually, you only did it once. I scanned the pages and fixed all the errors. Shall I do the 6th? Then we'll do the enemy Pokémon.
6th done. You can look over for typos if you want, but I'm getting tired. If there are none, we'll go on to the enemy Pokémon. Thanks a lot for the template.

You're welcome,  I have just corrected all the typos I can find there were a few such as 'rhe' in the main page instead of 'the' and one one of the sections one of the codes had an exclamation mark in the code instead of one.

I think it is safe to start on the enemy Pokémon codes now; I have just noticed, apart from codes for the player's Pokémon and the enemy's Pokémon and a large group of PC Pokémon codes the code archive really isn't that large.

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

Maralis

• Formerly Mugendai/Kyoukipichi
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Yuuka Kazami from Touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 11:18:38 pm »
Man... why did I not notice this early enough?

Either way, I give my approval, mainly because I added these Gameshark code pages to GCLF. (lol)

Credit shouldn't go to me, though; it should go to someone named Matthew Robinson.
64 color palette:

Sherkel

• Reasonably.
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Reasonably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 04:45:10 pm »
UPDATE:
For what Stat Experience is, read this: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_values#Generation_I
Another big job now.