Celebi trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitch
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Pokémon Gold Glitch Items List (Completed)  (Read 4106 times)

Torchickens

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Pokémon Gold Glitch Items List (Completed)
« on: August 04, 2009, 06:43:12 am »
Working down from FF I'm attempting to note a few glitch items on G/S, note Teru-samas will probably be real items on Crystal.

Interesting results so far include multiple TM some with no use option, the BOX is full message, strange effects on the overworld, crashes, playing a sound effect, opening the PC and a glitch PC, starting a glitch dimension, asking you to nickname a ??? called TM something or nothing happening at all.

I'll try and edit this daily.

Something interesting: I have found if you use a TM/HM in the item or balls pocket it will perform differently than in the TM/HM pocket that is why HM08 and below are included; this also applies to the key items pocket

FF - Cancel

TMs and HM's in the Balls/Items/Key Items item Pocket

FE - HM12  Description - Attacks 5 turns with rising power. Can't use
FD - HM11  Description - ? Can't use
FC - HM10  Description - ? Can't use
FB - HM09  Description - ? Can't use
FA - HM08  Description - ? Can't use
F9 - HM07  Description - An aquatic charge attack (this is not waterfall, when you use game 'blinks' and again game locks up and crashes.)
F8 - HM06  Description - Traps the foe for 2-5 turns (this is not whirlpool, when used it acts as a functional home PC and you can withdraw items deposit items or change decorations etc)
F7 - HM05  Description - Blinds the foe to reduce accuracy. (this is not flash, when used the game simply crashes with a white screen {talk about a flash on the whole game})
F6 - HM04  Description - A powerful physical attack. (this is not strength, when used the game crashes without withdrawing the screen.
F5 - HM03  Description - A strong water-type attack. (this is not surf, when used seemingly nothing happens and the menu refreshes)
F4 - HM02  Description - 1st turn: Fly 2nd turn: attack (this is not fly, when used nothing seems to happen and the menu refreshes)
F3 - HM01  Description - Cuts using claws, scythes, etc. (this is not cut, when used you get to nickname a ???? called HM01 game crashed after.) {Wow is there any method of item mutation on Gold/Silver that way we could get a ???? without corrupting a pokemon in the first place.}
F2 - TM50  Description - A sleeper loses 1/4 HP every turn. (not nightmare, when used nothing seems to happen and page refreshes)
F1 - TM49  Description - Successive hits raise power. (not fury cutter? when used nothing seems to happen and page refreshes)
F0 - TM48  Description - A fiery punch. May cause a burn. (not fire punch, when used nothing seems to happen and page refreshes)
EF - TM47  Description - Stiff wings strike the foe. (not steel wing, when used nothing seems to happen and page refreshes)
EE - TM46  Description - An attack that may steal a held item. (not thief, when used it plays surf's SE and then the page refreshes)
ED - TM45  Description- Makes the opposite gender infatuated. (not attract, when used nothing seems to happen and page refreshes)
EC - TM44  Description - Sleep for 2 turns to fully recover. (not rest, when used game crashes doesn't refresh the screen.)
EB - TM43  Description - Evases attacks that turn. It may fail. (not protect, when used game crashes screen fails to refresh and displays glitch blocks
EA - TM42  Description - Steals HP from a sleeping victim. (not dream eater, when used nothing seems to happen and page refreshes)
E9 - TM41  Description - An electric punch. It may paralyze. (not thunder bunch, when used nothing seems to happen and page refreshes)
E8 - TM40  Description - Heightens the user's DEFENSE. (not iron defence?, when used nothing seems to happen and page refrehses)
E7 - TM39  Description - An attack that never misses. (not swift? when used game crashes without trying to refresh the screen)
E6 - TM38  Description - An attack that may cause a burn. (not flamethrower? when used game crashes without trying to refresh the screen)
E5 - TM37  Description - Inflicts damage every turn. (not sure what it was supposed to be but when used nothing happens and page refreshes)
E4 - TM36  Description - An attack that may poison the foe. (''''''' when used nothing happens but the cursor is stuck on 'USE' the music is still playing so is not a true crash but have to reset.
E3 - TM35  Description - Randomly attacks while asleep. ('''''' when used nothing happens and the page refreshes)
E2 - TM34  Description - Causes confusion and raises ATTACK. (''''' when used USE sticks until you press A again and then it says 4 Pkmn ? ? turned on the PC {has problems displaying this} and then acts like a normal PC however when you press back the game crashes with a black screen.
E1 - TM33  Description - An ice punch. May cause freezing. (''''' when used the game crashes without refreshing the screen.
E0 - TM32  Description - Heightens evasive-ness. (''''' when used nothing happens and the page refreshes)
DF - TM31  Description - Reduces the foe's accuracy. ('''' when used acts like a normal PC, this time it does not crash the game if you close it)
DE - TM30  Description - An attack that may lower SPCL.DEF. (''' when used the game crashes without refreshing the screen.)
DD - TM29  Description - An attack that may lower SPCL.DEF. (''' when used nothing happens and the page refreshes seemed to be a little blip of activity but nothing noticable.
DC - TM28  Description - 1st turn: Burrow 2nd turn: Attack (there is no use option)
DB - TM28  Description - 1st turn: Burrow 2nd turn: Attack (''' this is not a repeat, when used  the game displays some glitch blocks then crashes.
DA - TM27  Description - An attack that is based on loyalty. (''' when used nothing happens and the page refreshes)
D9 - TM26  Description - Tough but useless vs. flying foes. (''' when used nothing happens and the page refreshes)
D8 - TM25  Description - An attack that may cause paralysis. (''' when used the game crashes similar to the striped crash when you move out of an available area on R/B/Y)
D7 - TM24  Description - A strong breath attack. (''' when used nothing happens and the page refreshes)
D6 - TM23  Description - An attack that may reduce DEFENSE. (''' when used the game crashes without attempting to refresh the screen.)
D5 - TM22  Description - 1st turn: Prepare 2nd turn: Attack (''' when used the game crashes without attempting to refresh the screen.)
D4 - TM21  Description - An attack based on lack of loyalty. (''' when used the game attempts to refresh the screen and crashes showing some glitch blocks.
D3 - TM20  Description - Always leaves at least 1HP. (''' when used nothing happens and the page refreshes)
D2 - TM19  Description - Steals 1/2 of the damage inflicted. ('''' when used  the game crashes without refreshing the page)
D1 - TM18  Description - Boosts water-type moves for 5 turns. ('''' when used  the game crashes without refreshing the page)
D0 - TM17  Description - Foils attack that turn. It may fail. ('''' when used the game crashes without refreshing the page)
CF - TM16  Description - An icy attack that lowers SPEED ('''' when used at first nothing happens but when you press A again the music stops and the game crashes.)
CE - TM15  Description - 1st turn: Attack 2nd turn: Rest (Is there even an attack like this? when used game crashes without refreshing the page)
CD - TM14  Description - An attack that may freeze the foe. ('''' when used nothing happens and page refreshes)
CC - TM13  Description - An attack useable only while asleep. ('''' when used nothing happens and page refreshes)
CB - TM12  Description - Reduces the foe's evasiveness. (''' when used nothing happens and the page refreshes)
CA - TM11  Description - Boosts fire-type moves for 5 turns. (''' when used presumably a glitch dimension however it glitched my gameshark up.
C9 - TM10  Description - The power varies with the POK?MON. (''' when used the music stops and the game crashes without refreshing the page
C8 - TM09  Description - Copies the foe's stat changes. (''' when used the page refreshes {longer wait than usual} and when you press B messes the overworld up crashing the game.
C7 - TM08  Description - An attack that may lower DEFENSE (''' when used the game crashes without refreshing the page.
C6 - TM07  Description - An attack that always paralyszes. (''' when used the music stops and the game crashes.
C5 - TM06  Description - A poison move with increasing damage. (''' when used the music stops and the game crashes.
C4 - TM05  Description - Scares wild foes to end battle. (''' when used the game crashes without attempting to refresh.)
C3 - TM04  Description - Attacks 5 turns with rising power. (There is no use option only give)
C2 - TM04  Description - Attacks 5 turns with rising power. (''' when used it says 'The POK?MON BOX is full. That can't be used now.' even when the BOX is empty.)
C1 - TM03  Description - Works differently for ghost types. (''' when used the game refreshes and seemingly nothing happens.
C0 - TM02  Description - An attack that may make fore flinch. (''' when used the game resets into a glitch dimension.)
BF - TM01  Description - An attack that always confuses. (''' when used the game crashes without attempting to refresh the page.

Miscellany

B1 - Park Ball Description - The Bug-Catching Contest BALL.
(As you can't normally keep one it fits here)
A8 - Gorgeous Box Description - Open it and see what's inside
(A reward from Pokemon Stadium 2, otherwise unobtainable Gold Trophy)
A7 - Normal Box Description - Open it and see what's inside
(A reward from Pokemon Stadium 2, otherwise unobatainable Silver Trophy)
4B - Gold Leaf Description - A strange colored gold leaf
(An item that apparantly has no use and cant be obtained with the game alone a Generation I pokemon may hold it)
3C - Silver Leaf Description - A strange silver-colored leaf.
(An item that apparantly has no use and cant be obtained  with the game alone a Generation I pokemon may hold it)

TERU SAMAs and ?s.

BE - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
B3 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
B0 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
AB - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
A2 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
9B - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
9A - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
99 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
95 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
94 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
93 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
91 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
8E - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
8D - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
89 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
88 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
87 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
81 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
78 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
76 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
73 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
64 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
5A - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
46 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
38 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
32 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
2D - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
19 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
06 - TERU-SAMA Description - ? Can't use
00 - ? Description - ? Can't use
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:29:28 pm by Torchickens »
Hello. I actually identify as gender questioning, but nowadays feel more firmly that I identify as female. My sex is male but I like to express myself as female.  She/her pronouns, please.

Thank you Myri for my avatar! Thank you Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

Beyond all philosophies are the things that go best for you; what makes you feel content. It's important to always follow your heart, so unless you feel perfectly happy about it don't just follow something because it is popular, fits a style or is conventional. Sometimes you may reach a point you're not sure who you are, but as things settle I'm convinced things do work out in time.

Fivex

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Gold Glitch Items List
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 10:28:18 am »
I didn't think that there atually was glitch items in G/S/C.

Torchickens

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 10:45:36 am »
They stuffed most hex values with normal items however unused items and items intended for crystal turned into Teru-Samas also there are a few glitch HMs (up to HM12) and TMs seem to act differently depending on the pocket.
Hello. I actually identify as gender questioning, but nowadays feel more firmly that I identify as female. My sex is male but I like to express myself as female.  She/her pronouns, please.

Thank you Myri for my avatar! Thank you Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

Beyond all philosophies are the things that go best for you; what makes you feel content. It's important to always follow your heart, so unless you feel perfectly happy about it don't just follow something because it is popular, fits a style or is conventional. Sometimes you may reach a point you're not sure who you are, but as things settle I'm convinced things do work out in time.

∀xaj

• is dead
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • reply me please
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 07:46:46 pm »
Wow, nice job with these!