Celebi trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitch
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Get and transfer shiny Mew in Pokémon Green  (Read 346 times)

cornflakegirl

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • CHARIZRAD 'M ROXORX or is it.
    • View Profile
Get and transfer shiny Mew in Pokémon Green
« on: April 01, 2017, 12:31:41 pm »
Hey I'm sorry if this has been asked before, couldn't find anything during a quick search.

I have VC Pokémon Green on my Japanese 3DS and I would love to get shiny Mew there and transfer it over to Pokémon Sun & Moon. For that I have a few questions:

1. Is there an easy/less dangerous way to get 5かい? I've found this guide that only seems to work with an emulator but pictures are all gone by now. Since it's already five years old, maybe another way has been found in the meantime?

Supposing there's a solution to the first question:
2. What's the item setup to get the shiny IVs on a Mew once caught? Is it the same as for western Red/Blue or is it different?
3. What's the item setup to change the OT to ゲーフリ and ID to 22796?

Thanks in advance :)

Torchickens

• Administrator
  • Online Online
    • View Profile
Re: Get and transfer shiny Mew in Pokémon Green
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 02:34:52 pm »
Hey I'm sorry if this has been asked before, couldn't find anything during a quick search.

I have VC Pokémon Green on my Japanese 3DS and I would love to get shiny Mew there and transfer it over to Pokémon Sun & Moon. For that I have a few questions:

1. Is there an easy/less dangerous way to get 5かい? I've found this guide that only seems to work with an emulator but pictures are all gone by now. Since it's already five years old, maybe another way has been found in the meantime?

Supposing there's a solution to the first question:
2. What's the item setup to get the shiny IVs on a Mew once caught? Is it the same as for western Red/Blue or is it different?
3. What's the item setup to change the OT to ゲーフリ and ID to 22796?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi, welcome to the forums cornflakegirl. :) I don't think anyone has raised this question before, no.

Instead of using 5かい now the best option is probably using てへ (hex:7B) with the player name あてルめ, which will make the code jump to the third item.

I don't know which release of Green the VC version is, but you may have to use てへ in a spot with a 0x50 sub-tile visible on the screen before you use the item, in order to prevent a freeze.

Getting てへ is possible with the following steps:

1) First use dry underflow glitch or a Select glitch to explode the inventory. If you are using dry underflow glitch follow the steps in this video. You can encounter a Fossil or Ghost MissingNo. (normal MissingNo. seemingly always freezes) to duplicate the item or perform the swapping Transform moves glitch to get move 0x00, then open a Pokémon summary in battle in Diglett's Cave (important) and scroll the menu with "-" on the screen to mutate the enemy Pokémon to MissingNo. that way without a freeze, which will duplicate your sixth item like in the international versions upon capture.

2) Go to (or warp to Route 18 by changing item 34 to an Escape Rope; あなぬけのヒモ) Cycling Road and find item 32 at this y-position (y=123 where y increases as you move down).

I don't have a code for a Japanese Shiny GF Mew sadly, but hopefully will be able to work on this tomorrow.

When you use てへ, you should first watch the old man's demonstration and use it in the location below to be safe as a 0x50 sub-tile is on the top-left corner of the screen.

Hope this helps so far!

Due to a data structure difference you can't use the Celadon looping map trick to get items, but you can use the y-position from Cycling Road instead, and possibly swap the y-position to be above the y-boundary if you need a high ID item (the same exploit as Celadon looping map trick but with the y position).

Unfortunately the quantity of the item would be the x coordinate, meaning you can't get x0 items this way (which serve as x256 and allow you to access allow quantities from non-key items).

Despite that fortunately you can duplicate your items with the same exploits for dry underflow as above, or possibly this glitch instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcTB_IaNtqU

Edit: I found this video on NicoNico which uses the FriendBadge to get a Game Freak Mew instead, will look into this as well.
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30557065
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 02:51:18 pm by Torchickens »
Hello. I actually identify as gender questioning, but nowadays feel more firmly that I identify as female. My sex is male but I like to express myself as female.  She/her pronouns, please.

Thank you Myri for my avatar! Thank you Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

Beyond all philosophies are the things that go best for you; what makes you feel content. It's important to always follow your heart, so unless you feel perfectly happy about it don't just follow something because it is popular, fits a style or is conventional. Sometimes you may reach a point you're not sure who you are, but as things settle I'm convinced things do work out in time.

SatoMew

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 05:16:27 pm »
I don't know which release of Green the VC version is

Based on the patch files provided by Wack0 and previous discussion about the subject here, the VC release seems to be of Green v1.1.

Torchickens

• Administrator
  • Online Online
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 06:55:59 pm »
I don't know which release of Green the VC version is

Based on the patch files provided by Wack0 and previous discussion about the subject here, the VC release seems to be of Green v1.1.

Ah thanks for that :), so if so てへ would have an unterminated name and freeze the game if selected in a place where there is no 0x50 sub-tile in that version (assuming it works the same as a cartridge v1.1 in the VC release however).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 06:56:24 pm by Torchickens »
Hello. I actually identify as gender questioning, but nowadays feel more firmly that I identify as female. My sex is male but I like to express myself as female.  She/her pronouns, please.

Thank you Myri for my avatar! Thank you Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

Beyond all philosophies are the things that go best for you; what makes you feel content. It's important to always follow your heart, so unless you feel perfectly happy about it don't just follow something because it is popular, fits a style or is conventional. Sometimes you may reach a point you're not sure who you are, but as things settle I'm convinced things do work out in time.

cornflakegirl

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • CHARIZRAD 'M ROXORX or is it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 02:57:49 am »
Wow thank you very much Torchickens for your very detailed reply! I'll start a new game naming myself あてルめ and play normally until the point where I can catch a Ditto.
That video on NicoNico looks promising, I only know a handful of kanji though so thanks for your help :)