Celebi trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitch
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Search Wiki

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Generation IV Glitch Discussion / Route 224 tile error
« Last post by SnorlaxMonster on Today at 02:02:30 am »
On Route 224, there is a row of cliff tiles at the water's edge that act as water tiles. They only act as water tiles if Seabreak Path is open.

I've only tested this in Platinum, although you can't officially open Seabreak Path in Diamond and Pearl anyway.

Discovered by Jimiscol on Bulbagarden forums
Hello, this is my first post on this site and I hope I am posting at the right place :). I have been playing with 8F for maybe a week and I really like what you can do with it. I am at the point where I transfer pokemon from my Red version to my Crystal version (cartridges) and also with my virtual console to pokemon Sun and I was wondering since Pokemon Crystal see some index pokemon as Generation 2 Pokemon, is it possible to tweek a missingno enough for it to be seen as the Generation 2 pokemon by the pokebank so that it passes through as a Ho-Oh for exemple? I haven't been able to change the type of my pokemon yet and I think this is my next step to bring Missingno. into my Crystal cartridge.
That wouldn't work.
Hi! Unfortunately ISSOtm made a mistake and his bootstrap code in the forums list above will not work for non-English European versions.

However, the following bootstrap code to item 3 by Wack0 for non-English European versions should work:

And here's payload code for FR/ES/DE/IT Yellow. Thanks again to TheZZAZZGlitch, again I only need to change one byte!

1.  20 Pokémon in your PC box                                         [0xDA84 = 0x14]
2.  Slowpoke as the 1st Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA85 = 0x25]
3.  Slowpoke as the 2nd Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA86 = 0x25]
4.  Slowpoke as the 3rd Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA87 = 0x25]
5.  Slowpoke as the 4th Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA88 = 0x25]
6.  Slowpoke as the 5th Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA89 = 0x25]
7.  Slowpoke as the 6th Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA8A = 0x25]
8.  Voltorb as the 7th Pokémon in the current PC box                  [0xDA8B = 0x06]
9.  Scyther as the 8th Pokémon in the current PC box                  [0xDA8C = 0x26]
10. Jolteon as the 9th Pokémon in the current PC box                  [0xDA8D = 0x68]
11. Geodude as the 10th Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA8E = 0xA9]
12. Geodude as the 11th Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA8F = 0xA9]
13. Geodude as the 12th Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA90 = 0xA9]
14. Geodude as the 13th Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA91 = 0xA9]
15. Geodude as the 14th Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA92 = 0xA9]
16. Geodude as the 16th Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA93 = 0xA9]
17. Geodude as the 15th Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA94 = 0xA9]
18. Geodude as the 17th Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA95 = 0xA9]
19. Geodude as the 18th Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA96 = 0xA9]
20. Geodude as the 19th Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA97 = 0xA9]
21. Voltorb as the 20th Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA98 = 0x06]
 :: END OF LIST MARKER [0xFF]                                         [0xDA99 = 0xFF]
22. Slowpoke as the 1st Pokémon in the current PC box                 [0xDA9A = 0x25]
23. First PC box Pokémon needs to have 233 HP -+-                     [0xDA9B = 0x00]
                                               +-                     [0xDA9C = 0xE9]

Code: [Select]
; -- EU YELLOW
; initial value of hl = DA84
WRA1:DA84 14               inc  d      ; offset hack: 20 Pokémon in the box
WRA1:DA85 25               dec  h      ; hl = D984
WRA1:DA86 25               dec  h      ; hl = D884
WRA1:DA87 25               dec  h      ; hl = D784
WRA1:DA88 25               dec  h      ; hl = D684
WRA1:DA89 25               dec  h      ; hl = D584
WRA1:DA8A 25               dec  h      ; hl = D484
WRA1:DA8B 06 26            ld   b,26
WRA1:DA8D 68               ld   l,b    ; hl = D426
WRA1:DA8E A9               xor  c      ; offset hack: do nothing until ip=DA93
WRA1:DA8F A9               xor  c
WRA1:DA90 A9               xor  c
WRA1:DA91 A9               xor  c
WRA1:DA92 A9               xor  c
WRA1:DA93 A9               xor  c
WRA1:DA94 A9               xor  c
WRA1:DA95 A9               xor  c
WRA1:DA96 A9               xor  c
WRA1:DA97 A9               xor  c
WRA1:DA98 06 FF            ld   b,FF   ; offset hack: making an end of list FF byte an operand so it doesn't translate to [rst 38]
WRA1:DA9A 25               dec  h      ; hl = D326
WRA1:DA9B 00               nop 
WRA1:DA9C E9               jp   hl

Tested working with FR Yellow. :)

Since the codes to change your Trainer OT and ID use addresses that are +5 in non-English European Yellow, you must make slight adjustments here, listed after "becomes". ISSOtm describes how to do this in this thread's post.

https://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=7843.msg204339#msg204339

;and clarified code for non-English European versions here:
https://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=7843.msg204391#msg204391

Hope that helps! :)
What happens when you try to execute a code? Nothing or does the game crash?
What happens when you try to execute a code?
try to execute a code?
execute a code

Anyway... I have nothing useful to add.

please don't ban me Abwayax-sama I swear I'll change please no don't cave my account in with your ban hammer
I have the exact same problem with the german version of the game. Can someone please help us? I have been searching for days and days!  :o :)

Wanna run that by me again?
I'm fairly sure I helped you specifically.
What am I, a non-entity?
;-;
:XD: don't worry about it, you're fine
What happens when you try to execute a code? Nothing or does the game crash?

Anything else I can advise is to double check your box to see if the Pokémon are all in the correct order. And to make sure the first Slowpoke has 233 hp left, its max hp does not matter.

Also, I just compared the euro Bootstrap code with the english and i think Scyter may be incorrect there. Replacing Scyter with Kadabra could fix it. Cuz Scyter is dec 26 on the big list, but we need hex 26 <--- Thus Kadabra.

- 8F
- Item to morph x(any)
- X accuracy x36
- Carbos x211
- Max Revive x(decimal index nr of item the you want)<---------- i don t understand what u mean with this... how many i should have?
- TM01 x(any)

First, look at the big hex list here: http://glitchcity.info/biglist.htm
See the R/B/Y Item column? Say you want to change item 2 into Rare Candy, look in that column for Rare Candy. Now Look in the "Decimal" column on the same row as Rare Candy. As you see its 40, so you need 40 Max Revive to turn item 2 into Rare Candy.
I have the exact same problem with the german version of the game. Can someone please help us? I have been searching for days and days!  :o :)
To get all the Gym badges with 8F you can use this code made by Wack0

Item 3: Lemonade x255
Item 4: X Accuracy x86
Item 5: Carbos x211
Item 6: Poké Ball x119
Item 7: Fresh Water x201
What items should I have in slots 1 and 2
Doesn't matter. The bootstrap redirects to item 3
Have you tried it with only 8 Pokemon as I suggested?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10