Celebi trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitch
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Search Wiki

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Generation II Glitch Discussion / Re: cloneing glitch gone wrong
« Last post by Torchickens on Today at 04:56:13 am »
tried to clone a pokemon in crystal but when i tried to open up the pc box the screen turns white and the game locks up

Hmm, I know sometimes when the game locks up and you have a bad clone in the box the freeze can be avoided by performing certain actions.

The freezes could be due to the game printing the ? marks (freeze avoidable, may only happen in Crystal), or 0 maximum HP (freeze unavoidable).

Unfortunately I don't know of specifics but try saving and resetting, doing it at Pokémon Centers in different locations, using items to get the unusable message before opening the box, going to toss an item in the bag but not tossing it, saving and resetting, etc.

Hope that helps.
im wondering does trading a bad clone you made with coin case ace work as a method of getting a bad clone in crystal

You might be able to trade a stable ????? to Crystal yes. In the past I've been able to trade those, and curiously they may add to the number of Pokémon in the Pokédex like if you hatched them.

Normally bad clones begin as unstable hybrids (hence are possibly untradeable), but stabilized ones or stable ????? obtained directly aren't unstable hybrids.
Generation II Glitch Discussion / cloneing glitch gone wrong
« Last post by forsyz on Yesterday at 10:27:24 pm »
tried to clone a pokemon in crystal but when i tried to open up the pc box the screen turns white and the game locks up
im wondering does trading a bad clone you made with coin case ace work as a method of getting a bad clone in crystal
Emulation & ROM Hacking / Re: Emulating the Mobile Adapter GB
« Last post by ISSOtm on Yesterday at 05:40:49 pm »
Maybe when Mobile Adapter GB emulation is finished, a patch should be distributed to modify the ROM to add some checking ?
Also, is there any chance to allow homebrew games to use the Adapter ? I know I'm getting ahead of everything, but...
@Háčky So you run the Python script, launch BGB, connect and transfer ?
Nice.
General Discussion / Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness
« Last post by ISSOtm on Yesterday at 05:29:19 pm »
helooo
Emulation & ROM Hacking / Re: Emulating the Mobile Adapter GB
« Last post by Wack0 on Yesterday at 04:26:07 pm »
I wonder how awkward that MD5 implementation is...

Game Freak's parser bugs don't surprise me. An RCE vector here would allow for some interesting custom servers; however RCE via trades exists too, which would be the more dangerous, in my opinion, as any player could trigger it. I guess a custom server would have to somehow detect it (given this RCE vuln would be in the P2P communication with "phone numbers" etc).

And now I'm thinking about a server with its own partial GB emulator, MITMing the connection if it detects an RCE via trading, and specifically implementing GB Mobile Adapter emulation itself so the payload can get any further data... Saved off for further reversing/analysis of course.
(It assumes that the Pokémon available using the Egg Ticket were the same ones, with the same probabilities, as in the English version’s Odd Egg event; I don’t know for sure that this assumption is correct.)
From (ECCH) Bulbapedia:
In the Japanese version of Pokémon Crystal, there is a 50% chance the hatched Pokémon will be Shiny (IVs 2/10/10/10) and a 50% chance it will not (IVs 0/0/0/0).
In the international versions of Pokémon Crystal, there is a 14% chance the hatched Pokémon will be Shiny (IVs 2/10/10/10) and an 86% chance it will not (IVs 0/0/0/0), but the chance of any particular Pokémon species hatching from the Egg and the chance of any given species being Shiny are not uniform.

Bulbapedia originally said that the Odd Egg had a 50% chance of being shiny in all versions, then that it was 50% for the Japanese event but 12.5% in the English version, then reverted back to 50% for all versions until someone finally came up with the correct 14% figure from the localizations. I have no reason to believe that the 50% figure is anything more than someone’s guess that’s been propagated as fact.
f**k it. At least we can say we tried.
(It assumes that the Pokémon available using the Egg Ticket were the same ones, with the same probabilities, as in the English version’s Odd Egg event; I don’t know for sure that this assumption is correct.)
From (ECCH) Bulbapedia:
In the Japanese version of Pokémon Crystal, there is a 50% chance the hatched Pokémon will be Shiny (IVs 2/10/10/10) and a 50% chance it will not (IVs 0/0/0/0).
In the international versions of Pokémon Crystal, there is a 14% chance the hatched Pokémon will be Shiny (IVs 2/10/10/10) and an 86% chance it will not (IVs 0/0/0/0), but the chance of any particular Pokémon species hatching from the Egg and the chance of any given species being Shiny are not uniform.

Bulbapedia originally said that the Odd Egg had a 50% chance of being shiny in all versions, then that it was 50% for the Japanese event but 12.5% in the English version, then reverted back to 50% for all versions until someone finally came up with the correct 14% figure from the localizations. I have no reason to believe that the 50% figure is anything more than someone’s guess that’s been propagated as fact.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10