Celebi trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitch
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Search Wiki

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
You're welcome!  Glad it was helpful ^^

If you want to get into big ACE things, I recommend you use the BGB emulator. Once you get used to its not very intuitive UI, you'll love its powerful debugger, memory watcher, etc.

And if you already got it, then you made a very good choice :D

I got it recently, experimenting with cheats rn, and then I'll start getting into the debugger, etc.

Do you have a save compatible with the BGB emulator with 8F, and/or a bootstrap party (if possible), with all locations discovered or something or another. I heard torchickens has one, but...

Yes, on my Google Sites I have a save files page where you can find save files with 8F or ws m set up.

https://sites.google.com/site/torchickens2/pokemon-save-files

If you go to D322 (or D321) on BGB Debugger you can see the raw code, and then right click and modify it to write the code you'd like.

Quick update with my progress on ACE: I made a quick thing with ACE that puts PK at the start of your rival's name, as a proof-of-concept
I also did a version with your name

Rival Name:

ASM:
Code: [Select]
WRA1:D321 3E E1                  ld a, 225
WRA1:D323 EA 4A                  ld ($D34A), a
WRA1:D326 C9                     ret

Item List:
Lemonade x225
TM34 x74
TM11 x201

Player name:

ASM:
WRA1:D323 EA 4A                  ld ($D158), a

Item List:
Lemonade x225
TM34 x88
TM09 x201

They should both work (the player one works, so the rival one should work, too, atleast I assume)

Change the lemonade quantity to a different number for a different letter (these can be found on the Big HEX List (http://glitchcity.info/wiki/The_Big_HEX_List), but I assume you already knew that)

This is my ACE script, so of course it's simple, but is it good for a first script?

Yes :). There's just a small error in the raw code (to make sure things are correct if you're copy and pasting it into a memory viewer/debugger).  EA 4A for the first code should be EA 4A D3, and EA 4A for the second code should be EA 58 D1.

Ah, I saw your save files, I used your mew-setup for red to test out the rival/player name thing, cus I'm too lazy to do it on my VC, trying to find the other legendary birds, then gonna use JKSM to backup my save with my bootstrap n stuff, and mess around on real hardware

But thanks for the whole raw code error fix, I assume the D3 and D1 are for quantities, and the 58 on the second code is for the TM09? (just looked at the big hex list :P)
Generation I Glitch Discussion / Re: [Concept]Patching ROM On-The-Fly using ACE
« Last post by Caveat on May 20, 2017, 04:44:08 pm »
If we can wield this thing and use it to execute arbitrary code IN OTHER GAMES, I think this just might be possible!
Generation I Glitch Discussion / [Concept]Patching ROM On-The-Fly using ACE
« Last post by Parzival on May 20, 2017, 04:33:23 pm »
On the Discord server, I had a thought while fucking around with SmashStack which may prove very interesting if it can be pulled off: "Can we patch ROM on-the-fly with a middleman?"
Now, this sounds fucking impossible, because of things like "ROM is read-only" and "you sound fucking insane, what the hell is SmashStack and why is this post nowhere near properly worded?", but hear me out.
There's some homebrew that most people use with SmashStack, and it's called Riivolution. When the disc is accessed to load data, Riivolution intercepts this call, loads the data to unused RAM, patches it, then puts the modified data where it needs to be. We could do this with Pokemon Yellow. In GBc mode, the game does fucking nothing half the time because it only needs 4Mhz, and the double speed of the GBC fucks with it. This solves multiple problems we'd face, namely "this would slow the game down" and "we can't easily interrupt the game's path of execution and throw data everywhere without fucking s**t up". BECAUSE the game's doing nothing, it doesn't matter what we do, as long as we're back in the game's normal operation when it comes time to actually do something. Of course, with ACE, we can influence what "normal" is, which means we could copy the next bits of code needed from ROM to RAM, patch it, then run it, effectively being able to bend the game to our will by copying and patching more code after running the previous batch. We could merely allocate a certain amount of space in, say, SRAM, write code to the allocated space, then put the loop that writes and patches the next batch right after it. Of course, jumps, interrupts and the like will screw with it, but I'll bet my soul that there's a way around that.

Thanks for listening to me shout my insanity at you for like 20 minutes. Do you think this is possible? We've done some amazing s**t, but if we can pull this off we can all ascend into godhood, so it's worth a shot, right?
Pokémon Discussion / Re: Debug menus in Japanese Crystal
« Last post by Hexatendo on May 20, 2017, 01:10:19 pm »
If you're talking about region, then I used Japanese Crystal.
Pokémon Discussion / Re: Unused Pokémon Colosseum “TEST” program in FR/LG/E
« Last post by Wack0 on May 20, 2017, 11:27:39 am »
I came across this thread looking for something else, and thought this looked familiar to me.

Indeed, this multiboot ROM is not unused.

The GameCube multiboot code changed from R/S to FR/LG/Emerald.

In R/S, after a multiboot image has been completely transferred over JoyBus, interrupts are disabled and the multiboot image is jumped to (the jump points to 0x20000C0, leaving the jump past the image header at offset 0 of the multiboot image unused. This was probably done for a very good reason: the entire 0xC0-byte image header is transferred over JoyBus in the clear, whereas everything after that is encrypted).

In FR/LG/Emerald, after a multiboot image has been completely transferred over JoyBus, the game code of the transferred multiboot image at 0x20000AC is checked. If it is equal to 0x65366347 (with endianness conversion, that's 'Gc6e', the game code for Pokémon Colosseum, specifically the NTSC-US version), the multiboot image that's the subject of this thread is copied to 0x2000000 (ie, copied over the transferred multiboot image), and THEN interrupts are disabled and the multiboot image jumped to.

This was most likely done for compatibility; my guess is that the original Colosseum (US) multiboot image is incompatible with FR/LG/Emerald.
Generation IV Glitch Discussion / Re: Explanations for Rage and Acid Rain Glitch?
« Last post by Kraust on May 20, 2017, 11:18:41 am »
This (as far as I know) was the first time someone discovered this glitch:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960099-pokemon-heartgold-version/54152536

At least, it was the first time I personally discovered it. The suspicion at the time was that the "Rage is building" Counter had some bad interaction with the Transform effect. Perhaps they share a similar flag and one of them and having both effects at once was causing some kind of overflow / underflow interaction?
You're welcome!  Glad it was helpful ^^

If you want to get into big ACE things, I recommend you use the BGB emulator. Once you get used to its not very intuitive UI, you'll love its powerful debugger, memory watcher, etc.

I got it recently, experimenting with cheats rn, and then I'll start getting into the debugger, etc.

Do you have a save compatible with the BGB emulator with 8F, and/or a bootstrap party (if possible), with all locations discovered or something or another. I heard torchickens has one, but...

Yes, on my Google Sites I have a save files page where you can find save files with 8F or ws m set up.

https://sites.google.com/site/torchickens2/pokemon-save-files

If you go to D322 (or D321) on BGB Debugger you can see the raw code, and then right click and modify it to write the code you'd like.

Quick update with my progress on ACE: I made a quick thing with ACE that puts PK at the start of your rival's name, as a proof-of-concept

Rival Name:

ASM:

Item List:
Lemonade x225
TM34 x74
TM11 x201

Player name:

ASM:

Item List:
Lemonade x225
TM34 x88
TM09 x201

They should both work (the player one works, so the rival one should work, too, atleast I assume)

Change the lemonade quantity to a different number for a different letter (these can be found on the Big HEX List (http://glitchcity.info/wiki/The_Big_HEX_List), but I assume you already knew that)

This is my ACE script, so of course it's simple, but is it good for a first script?

Yes :). There's just a small error in the raw code (to make sure things are correct if you're copy and pasting it into a memory viewer/debugger).  EA 4A for the first code should be EA 4A D3, and EA 4A for the second code should be EA 58 D1.

Rival Name:

ASM:

Item List:
Lemonade x225
TM34 x74
TM11 x201

Player name:

ASM:

Item List:
Lemonade x225
TM34 x88
TM09 x201

Generation IV Glitch Discussion / Re: Strugle bug?
« Last post by Gravedigger on May 20, 2017, 02:08:39 am »
Hmm... dldldldl? I'll look at the learnset
724+ Glitch Pokemon Don't learn moves. At least up until level 100. They might learn moves later.

Its the effect of dpbox, he spams characters. DPbox doesn't have moves as far as I know
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10