Celebi Egg trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg data corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitches
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
Glitch Pokémon cries
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site Source Code

Search Wiki

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Trying to make my first script, to change the Map ID to lavender town, but it seems to crash the game instead. Here's the script and items:

Item 1: HM01 (if i'm correct, the first and second items do not matter)
Item 2: 8F
Item 3: Lemonade (x4)    (ld a,4)
Item 4: TM34 (x94)    (ld ($D35E), a)
Item 5: TM11 (x201)    (ret)

When I use 8F, the game simply crashes. Probably something very obvious that I'm missing, however I have no clue why this wouldn't work. Any advice?
Site Announcements / Re: Welcome to Glitch City Laboratories 18.02
« Last post by Princess Torchic ❤ on February 08, 2018, 11:11:38 am »
Loving the update, thanks Abwayax! :)

My only concern is the font size for the edit box is smaller than it usually is, so editing is a little harder. My browser is Google Chrome. Wondering if that would be easy to fix.

https://imgur.com/a/nwCGJ
General Discussion / Re: The Glitchy Thread of Topiclessness (#3)
« Last post by Epsilon on February 08, 2018, 06:13:12 am »
Holy s**t where did all these guests come from.

If i'm not mistaken, there was a site glitch that showed everyone, including guests, with the same IP, so they were considered the same guest. I believe Abwayax fixed this in the recent update.
General Discussion / Re: The Glitchy Thread of Topiclessness (#3)
« Last post by Bert on February 08, 2018, 12:22:04 am »
Holy s**t where did all these guests come from.
Site Announcements / Re: Welcome to Glitch City Laboratories 18.02
« Last post by ISSOtm on February 08, 2018, 12:04:10 am »
While I'm pretty glad an update came out, I'd like to report an issue I had : the exact moment I read "18.02", my nose started bleeding (and pretty hard, at that).
I'm running Human OS 19.02yo, can you reproduce ?
Site Announcements / Welcome to Glitch City Laboratories 18.02
« Last post by Abwayax on February 07, 2018, 08:53:46 pm »
As prophesied, the update has arrived. The main feature is that MediaWiki and SMF have both been updated to the latest version, which was harder than it seems.

Also, the mapping between forum accounts and wiki accounts has been changed such that the wiki now goes off the user's username and not display name. There is a convenient parser function {{#displayName:<username>}} that can produce a display name given a username, and more work will be done to show user's display name where possible. Also, as a result of this, edits from old wiki accounts may need to be reattributed to the current username manually (I think this is something only I can do on the backend).

Please let me know of any problems that occur with the update.
Generation II Glitch Discussion / Re: New cloning glitch with Poke Transporter
« Last post by SgvSth on February 07, 2018, 05:37:49 pm »
Well, I have been testing this a bit and it basically can do a bit of corruption to Pokémon sent to Box 1.  Had a few Dittos from my party that were renamed to be first "ILVER" and then "LVER" based on my actual IGN of SILVER after I deposited two using the Move Pkmn W/O Mail option while cutting out the music or corrupting it heavily. The OT is now just a ? instead of SILVER.

Not sure what would happen if I kept going until a Ditto ran out of Letters for its name, but I would rather not try until I am ok with losing save data, should it occur.

When catching a Pokémon that is unnicknamed, the game will give it a nickname based on the player's IGN minus the number of deposits.  Thus, I caught a Drowzee that was given the nickname "VER".  This did not really matter as the Drowzee was not in Box 1 when I went to withdraw. 

Thankfully it was not a shiny.  :P

If a caught Pokémon is given a nickname, then it does keep it for the two seconds that it exists before being deleted by Box 1.  Also, depositing a Pokémon into Box 1 will delete it.  (Goodbye, LVER...)

So, outside of the creepy renaming, music corruption, and Pokémon deletion, this does not seem to have any bad effects at all.  :P

---

Edit: I do want to note that I used English Box 4 to do the cloning, that it does not need to be a full box, and that if you have a non-corrupt Box 1 with 2 Pokémon and you use this glitch to clone 1 Pokémon, then you only lose one Pokémon in Box 1 and the box does not get corrupted.  It only gets corrupted when you clone more Pokémon than what Box 1 had.

---

Second Edit: So, playing with it has led to the following:

The game corrupts the name of the Pokémon with one less character based on the player's name.  Thus, from SILVER, we had ILVER, LVER, VER, ER, and R.  After R, we get a blank space that is treated as eight question marks.  (I will assume for now that this is due to nothing existing after the R in SILVER, so it is treated differently.)  Finally, after space/eight question marks, we get "nothing" which is treated as one question mark.  And by nothing, I mean that you will see "Go! !" and "'s attack missed!" as if there is nothing to the name.  Interestingly, they can still be Transported up to Bank, which will revert the name of "nothing"/one question mark back to its species name while changing the OT to blank spaces.

As for catching Pokémon, still nothing.  They all get deleted after the name change.  Not to mention that the Dittos retained their positions in the box, so it looks like this is where the glitch ends.
For what it's worth, since you asked about the GC-GBA link cable, you can do that with a modded Wii: https://github.com/FIX94/gba-link-cable-dumper

Neat! Thanks Zowayix. :)
For what it's worth, since you asked about the GC-GBA link cable, you can do that with a modded Wii: https://github.com/FIX94/gba-link-cable-dumper
With a Nintendo DS that has the GBA slot and a DS flash cart, you can use GBA Backup Tool.

That's awesome! Thanks Háčky. :)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]