Celebi trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitch
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Database Wikification - Would anyone like to assist?  (Read 259 times)

Torchickens

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Database Wikification - Would anyone like to assist?
« on: August 17, 2017, 08:14:11 am »
I spoke with Abwayax yesterday about our dex extension, and due to persisting errors we decided to disable it. This has for a second time broken all of the dex pages that aren't already converted. However fortunately the data is still there other than base stats, which are relatively easy to find if you have the ROM and a hex editor (see this article by Stag019) and are also mainly documented on Bulbapedia.

Due to computer addiction however I've allocated a maximum of 5 hours each on Mondays and Thursdays to fill out Generation I glitch Pokémon data in the format below (the rest of the days are for my other projects (YouTube and Starfy 1 translation project) also with a five hour cap):

http://glitchcity.info/wiki/User:Torchickens/Sample_RBY_glitch_Pok%C3%A9mon

Even with this however, finishing the GlitchDex will likely still take a few weeks.

For this reason I'm asking whether if anybody like to team up and split the work please? :)

Here is an article that is already finished for further reference:

http://glitchcity.info/wiki/GlitchDex/Y:000

If you'd also want to work on the AttackDex or ItemDex and the newer TypeDex, UnownDex (e.g. wikifying and tidying individual move, item articles, adding more articles, finishing a front page with excel to wiki), I'd also be very grateful, I've wanted to get these finished as a priority before adding new glitch pages. Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 08:19:19 am by Torchickens »
Hello. I actually identify as gender questioning, but nowadays feel more firmly that I identify as female. My sex is male but I like to express myself as female.  She/her pronouns, please.

Thank you Myri for my avatar! Thank you Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

Beyond all philosophies are the things that go best for you; what makes you feel content. It's important to always follow your heart, so unless you feel perfectly happy about it don't just follow something because it is popular, fits a style or is conventional. Sometimes you may reach a point you're not sure who you are, but as things settle I'm convinced things do work out in time.

drc

• Decamark Collector and Pokémaniac
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • i hate being alive
    • View Profile
    • my music shit
Re: Database Wikification - Would anyone like to assist?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 09:23:15 am »
Maybe I could try after I finally finish Poke`mon Yellow? I do believe that the previous wiki entries were messy. However those red and blue colours hurt my eyes. Maybe replace them? The red could be FFC0C0 instead of FF0000, and the blue could be C0C0FF instead of 0000FF? Or maybe they could be averaged towards grey instead of getting lighter. Yellow and green are fine imho.

I don't know, the latter half of that paragraph was kind of nitpicky and off-topic.
hey, i'm danny. you can call me danny.
i don't know what the f**k i'm doing anymore.
discord me because i'm lonely: big man dan#3383
certified gorillaz trash(tm)

also i make music now

Torchickens

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 09:34:16 am »
Maybe I could try after I finally finish Poke`mon Yellow? I do believe that the previous wiki entries were messy. However those red and blue colours hurt my eyes. Maybe replace them? The red could be FFC0C0 instead of FF0000, and the blue could be C0C0FF instead of 0000FF? Or maybe they could be averaged towards grey instead of getting lighter. Yellow and green are fine imho.

I don't know, the latter half of that paragraph was kind of nitpicky and off-topic.

Hmm, FFC0C0 is a pink, which doesn't really suit the template, but that shade of blue is nice. I changed the red to D5111B and the blue to your shade of blue. How does it look now?

Maybe I could try after I finally finish Poke`mon Yellow?

Thanks! Do you mean the research document you made? I think I already gathered most of the data except for the name bytes and palette attribute data and added them to the non-wikified articles so that may save you time. :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:43:17 am by Torchickens »
Hello. I actually identify as gender questioning, but nowadays feel more firmly that I identify as female. My sex is male but I like to express myself as female.  She/her pronouns, please.

Thank you Myri for my avatar! Thank you Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

Beyond all philosophies are the things that go best for you; what makes you feel content. It's important to always follow your heart, so unless you feel perfectly happy about it don't just follow something because it is popular, fits a style or is conventional. Sometimes you may reach a point you're not sure who you are, but as things settle I'm convinced things do work out in time.

drc

• Decamark Collector and Pokémaniac
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • i hate being alive
    • View Profile
    • my music shit
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 10:21:12 am »
Quote from: Torchickens
Hmm, FFC0C0 is a pink, which doesn't really suit the template, but that shade of blue is nice. I changed the red to D5111B and the blue to your shade of blue. How does it look now?
Looks great! I also like how there's more technical information about the Pokémon than Bulbapedia's pages, that's something I always thought was missing.
hey, i'm danny. you can call me danny.
i don't know what the f**k i'm doing anymore.
discord me because i'm lonely: big man dan#3383
certified gorillaz trash(tm)

also i make music now

Torchickens

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 08:38:29 am »
Quote from: Torchickens
Looks great! I also like how there's more technical information about the Pokémon than Bulbapedia's pages, that's something I always thought was missing.

Awesome! I'm glad it now looks OK. :)

Yeah, I feel it's always a good thing to have extra information and it reminds me of Wikipedia's articles on stars, planets, etc. They have a lot of information making it a good database.

I don't want GCL wiki to become redundant over Bulbapedia's glitch articles but at the same time I support Bulbapedia and think it's amazing how they have covered so much information on the Pokémon franchise. If Bulbapedia are interested when GCL wiki is more complete I'd personally like us to become affiliates and maybe we could even form a glitch network similar to NIWA.

Though Super Mario Wiki and Donkey Kong Wiki for instance are both in NIWA they don't take each other's information, so as long as people don't copy information word for word I feel that would be fine. In many cases GCL wiki could have more technical information on glitches and perhaps Bulbapedia could have a template that says "for more technical information, Glitch City Wiki also have an article on this glitch" or similar.

Email Youtube Twitter
Bulbapedia Starfy Wiki

camper

• aka GlitcherRed, azum4roll
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • 975642dx║'r DExsfoF▓1 error.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 11:16:31 am »
Bulbapedia glitch articles are more based on observations (sometimes special cases that rarely happen) while ours are more about what actually happens and how you can replicate it.
Youtube

Guess where this is?

Parzival

• The Betrayed, The Cleansed, The Reborn
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • It begins.
    • View Profile
    • YT Channel
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 12:19:14 pm »
Bulbapedia glitch articles are more based on observations (sometimes special cases that rarely happen) while ours are more about what actually happens and how you can replicate it.
Like instead of "the game crashes", we say "We hit an FF, thereby overwriting all of memory and going into an infinite loop".
Sorry, just making an example to help clear it up because I'm tired.
Ask me about betrayal.
Ask me about depression.
Ask me about death.
Ask me about destruction.
Ask me about hardship.
I've been through s**t.
If you need to talk to someone, my PM inbox is always open.

I'm working with a small team on a few secret projects. I don't know when they'll be released, but when they are, they'll be below.

Charmy

• A guy who likes glitchyness.
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • "NIDOQUEEN THOMAS wants to battle!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 08:26:23 am »
http://glitchcity.info/wiki/GlitchDex/Y:191
here's an example of a page that wasn't converted yet. Or at least partially converted.
"Time is mone
Go along then" - Old Man

TMZ4 is the BEST TM while the sucky Channel is the best channel.