TypeDex
More

Major Glitches
Trainer escape glitch
Old man trick
Celebi Egg trick
SRAM glitch
Buffer overflow techniques
Pomeg glitch data corruption (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Pokémon cloning
Select glitches (Japan)
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Recurring glitches
More

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Error traps
Non-glitch exploits
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information
More

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site Source Code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Gun Control in the US  (Read 526 times)

Parzival

• Buyer beware: House comes with 3 free skeletons in a closet of your choice.
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • This box intentionally left blank. ...wait...
    • View Profile
    • (null)
Gun Control in the US
« on: March 15, 2018, 09:50:17 am »
I'd love to hear the opinions of other people on gun control/gun bans in the US, as that's a hot topic right now.

Personally, I feel that weapons like pistols, shotguns, rifles, etc. are fine as they are, but weapons that can be more powerful, exotic weapons, weapon platforms (AR-15), etc. should require extra training (along the lines of conceal carry training and certification) to be owned (unless modified to be inoperable, like a prop or smth). And, of course, you'd need the training to buy the ammo too (something like presenting the certificate of training when you go to buy it).
Ask me about betrayal.
Ask me about depression.
Ask me about death.
Ask me about destruction.
Ask me about hardship.
I've been through s**t.
If you need to talk to someone, my PM inbox is always open.

ALERT: THE CRA TO TAKE BACK NET NEUTRALITY IS CURRENTLY IN CONGRESS!!! CLICK THE BANNER BELOW TO JOIN THE FIGHT!

IIMarckus

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
    • iimarck.us
Re: Gun Control in the US
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 04:34:56 pm »
I don’t understand why everyone’s focusing on AR‐15s when the vast, vast majority of gun deaths, including homicides, are from handguns.

Sasara

• Princess of schizophrenia *cat yawns*
  • Banned
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 07:44:58 pm »
The NRA started coming out in support of gun control when the Black Panther began equipping African Americans with guns.

Guns allow people for an out from abusive situations.

Zowayix

• Loose cannon mod who lives on the edge and doesn't play by the rules
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Cool story m8
    • View Profile
    • Github and whatnot
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 12:31:49 am »
They also allow people to create abusive situations, but y'know

I need a new siggy, because this siggy is shitty... shittiggy... shiggy.... something.

IIMarckus

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
    • iimarck.us
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 04:13:25 am »
So do knives. Apparently in London the government tells you there’s never a reason to carry a knife. Sounds like they have small imaginations if they can’t think of a legitimate reason to carry a knife. I honestly thought this was a joke tweet at first:

Now acid attacks are on the rise. Starting to think that banning every potentially dangerous item in common use may not be the solution here.

Epsilon

• Zeta
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • The default personal text makes no sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 03:43:51 pm »
Starting to think that banning every potentially dangerous item in common use may not be the solution here.

this->Exactly() ;
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:44:09 pm by Epsilon »
"What's a stack? Can you eat that?"

"Sure, just POP it into your mouth!" (someoneplskillme)

Clash Royale profile: #LYQC9LLV. Join our clan because we're lonely.

Does anybody really know what time it is?

Does anybody really care?
- Chicago

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 10:44:47 pm »
I think it's worth it to at least ban assault weapons, like the aforementioned AR-15. Yes, the large majority of homicides take place with handguns and in 1-to-1 scenarios, but it's much easier to kill a multitude of people (look at the shooting in Vegas, for example) with an assault weapon than it is with a handgun.

Interested to hear other thoughts. In my opinion there's no real reason that a normal civilian should ever own an assault weapon -- handguns and smaller weapons can definitely be justified and are totally fine to have (self-defense, etc) since they don't have the killing capacity that other, larger weapons have. If that wasn't clear, you can kill more people more quickly with an assault weapon than with anything else.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-4440

EPIC. Sprites by Mutou Yami, PT
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/sigshortened.png/

0ErrorYT

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Dri REDGREENMOM MOM, are you ready?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 09:17:19 pm »
It's not guns fault, it's the media imo. You can't run a story about a school shooting 24/7, state the school weaknesses that caused it, exactly how it was done, and why, and not expect kids in a similar situation to not think its a good idea. That's why so many happen imo, banning guns will never happen as it's a clear as day violation of the 2nd amendment
Well ????? is a pokemon that can only be accesed by hacking the game
genrally with gameshark but the game shark code for it works in this way:
it tells the  game to make a certain pokemon appear what that pokemon is depends on the two pokemon digits in the code fore example bulabsuar code could be 4R (it isnt really) but if you put in a number for a pokemon that doesnt exist... the game wotn know what to make appear there for cusing its name sprite antacks etc to be nothing to do with real pokemon! :) :) :) hope u understood tis lol!!!

IIMarckus

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
    • iimarck.us
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 02:08:07 pm »
I think it's worth it to at least ban assault weapons, like the aforementioned AR-15.
There’s no significant difference in lethality between the AR‐15 and any other semiautomatic rifle. So I assume you want to ban semiautomatic rifles in general. Or do you have some characteristic of the AR‐15 in mind that makes it more dangerous than, say a Sub‐2000 or an SKS?

There’s a reasonable explanation the AR‐15 is used so often in mass shootings: it’s a high‐quality gun, and the most popular and widely sold rifle in the United States.

Yes, the large majority of homicides take place with handguns and in 1-to-1 scenarios, but it's much easier to kill a multitude of people (look at the shooting in Vegas, for example) with an assault weapon than it is with a handgun.
Virginia Tech, the deadliest school shooting in US history, was perpetrated solely with handguns.

In my opinion there's no real reason that a normal civilian should ever own an assault weapon
Handguns are useless for hunting. And personally I would much prefer a rifle to any handgun for home defense.

Zowayix

• Loose cannon mod who lives on the edge and doesn't play by the rules
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Cool story m8
    • View Profile
    • Github and whatnot
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 12:34:26 am »
Britain's just weird I think. But no, the solution is not to ban everything, although if you sent literally everyone to jail that would curb gun violence. You just wouldn't have happy citizens.

On the other hand, "people get stabbed in Britain" doesn't seem like a good reason to me to allow guns.

Perhaps there's just that much of a cultural difference here. Americans see the default position as allowing guns, and so they need convincing why someone would ban guns. Non-Americans (generally) see the default position as banning guns, and so would need convincing why guns should be legalized all of a sudden.

I need a new siggy, because this siggy is shitty... shittiggy... shiggy.... something.