Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Pokémon cheat codes
Pokémon glitch terminology
Useful tools
More

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: The (EXTREMELY) Limited Savestate Glitch List  (Read 919 times)

Yuzihax

• two jimmy carters in a trenchcoat
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • yee(t)
    • View Profile
The (EXTREMELY) Limited Savestate Glitch List
« on: April 06, 2008, 04:32:10 pm »
Well, after tons and tons of procrastination, I've decided to record the, like, FOUR savestate glitches and begin a list, and I hope to God I've still got the ability in me to continue on with it later on.

Whoops! Wrong Game!

Load a Level Select Savestate for Sonic 3 and Knuckles on a Sonic 2 and Knuckles ROM, and you'll achieve the Sonic 3 and Knuckles level select, with about half the levels playable.
NOTE: All the levels in the lineup ABOVE Mushroom Hill are NOT playable, and are missing altogether.
The levels BELOW Mushroom Hill are 100% playable and fully intact, though a few events might be sketchy due to the lack of some sprites.

MissingTails

One of the weirdest discoveries found in savestate glitching, this version of Tails corresponds with the above glitch, the Tails sprite is almost completely missing, save for the hanging animation that's surprisingly intact, but no other sprites have to far been seen to be intact.
MissingTails is not playable alone, and will cause the ROM to lock at the title screen if a playable level is selected while the character number is 02.

MissingSonic

This little number is one MAJOR pain in the ass to get.
MissingSonic requires the first glitch, and it also requires debug mode, and even then, is a completely random spawning and almost impossible to recreate glitch.
MissingSonic in appearance looks almost exactly like MissingTails, but has a few graphical differences and performs Sonic's actions with weird graphical results.

The Glitched Sphere

One of the results of the first glitch is that several levels are missing altogether, but the Blue Sphere stage is still there, but severely crippled.
The Glitched Sphere stage is filled with several graphical anomalies that cover a better portion of the screen.
You'll see things like parts of blue, red and yellow spheres, Chaos/Hyper Emerald parts, Sonic/Knuckles/Tails fragments and several random numbers and letters.
Overall, the level is incredibly slow and laggy, and is almost completely unnavigable at times, thus making it incredibly difficult to play through.
Although, with the power of savestates, it's possible to beat this level and see the results.
What results is, is that the Chaos/Hyper Emerald collection scene is delayed by several seconds, and even then the music comes in at a fairly late cue and therefore creates difficulty when trying to distinguish whether or not the emerald was collected.
However, once that scene is completed, you'll be treated to the normal end screen for the stage before returning normally to whatever stage you came from, however, only one Blue Sphere stage can be accessed in the Level Select mode, for it will then return you to Angel Island Zone, which is unplayable in this glitch.

Well, that's all I've really got for now, but I'm working on it and I'll be sure to have more glitches by next month by God.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 04:33:23 pm by Yuzihax »