Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Pokémon cheat codes
Pokémon glitch terminology
Useful tools
More

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Ocarina of time and majora's mask glitches  (Read 6939 times)

GlitchesAndStuff

• The unofficial GCL Zelda glitcher.
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Majora's mask!!!
    • View Profile
Ocarina of time and majora's mask glitches
« on: July 02, 2009, 10:58:53 am »
Seeing as by day, I'm a zelda glitcher and by night I'm a pokemon glitcher, I have a pretty big knowladge on a load of OoT and MM glitches. I have too many to put on loads of different threads. my Only questions are, do I have to have proof, is this the right place to put this(I'm pretty sure it is) And can I do the big glitches in different posts?

I'll do a list now here, and edit it later if I need proof/am allowed to tripple post.

Infinite sword glitch

The first and probably most famous of all, the Infinite sword is a glitch where the sword is stuck in the stabbing mode meaning anything that hits it will take instant damage.

How to do it:
First you must find something you can pick up or read or someone you can talk to. Then crouch with R and stab with B. As soon as you press B tap A repeatedly. You can tell when this glitch is active because your sword will have white motion lines around it. If you put away your sword by talking or picking up, you can get your sword out again by backfliping and pressing B in mid-air.

As soon as you take damage, swing your sword or crouch with R the glitch is gone.

Extra:
When you crouch stab, that stab has the same power as the previous attack. For example; jump slash and then crouch stab to have the same power as that slash attack. Infinite sword uses crouch stab, so using a powerful move before activating gives an infinite powerful stab.

Bombchu hover

Bombchu hovering is a glitch in which link can hover in the air while gaining height and distance from backflips.

How it’s done:

First activate the infinite sword glitch which also stops you from falling off edges.

Method 1(OoT) >Wearing hover boots, backflip off the edge and in mid air, pull out a Bombchu and drop it with R.
Method 2(OoT)> While aiming slingshot/hookshot/bow ect, backflip and let go of the C button at the same time as you press the Bombchu button and shield.
Method 3(OoT)> Do the same as in Method 1 except instead of wearing hover boots, do an angled backflip by tilting the control stick to the left-bottom slightly so it still says attack and press A. then as soon as A is pressed, push the control stick all the way to the left bottom and tap A repeatedly.
Method 3 (MM)>Do a backflip, pull out a Bombchu and shield.

Ground jump

A ground jump is a small hop link does as a result of a glitch. This may sound useless however it is very helpful for getting up on high ledges.

How it’s done:
First, drop a bomb. Then do a pick up delay by having your sword and shield out, holding R and Z and pressing A. you must hold R until the bomb explodes. After that, attempt a backflip and you will do a small hop.

Uses: get to the switch on the ledge in dodongo’s cavern.

Superslide

The superslide is an extremely useful glitch in which you can travel at great speeds across the map and sometimes clip through small gaps.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qplPJR7XDnw[/youtube]

How it’s done:
Method 1(OoT) put on nayru’s love on and wear hover boots. Drop a bomb then do the pickup delay glitch by getting your sword out, holding Z and R then pressing A. After the explosion you will start to slowly move backwards but soon speed up.
Method 2 (MM + OoT) Drop a bomb, move back far enough so that it says attack instead of grab. Then hold Z and R. keep tapping A as soon as the bomb is about to explode. As it explodes, link should roll over to the bomb and stop mid-roll and as he starts to get up it should explode, sending him backwards
You can use Method 1 and 2 with other things like bomb flowers and bushes. But  you still need the explosion of the bomb to push you back, so place the bomb as far to the left or right of the bush as possible so it won’t destroy the bush but still send you flying. Using this with no gauntlets or bracelet means after R is no longer pressed, link will be warped back to the bush or bomb flower and if he goes down or uphill while sliding he will be warped back above or below the flower. It could be used to pick up things after you’ve slide a long way with them. Using this, big rock armour is obtainable.

Steal the rod

This is A glitch at the fishing pond where link can run around with the line cast and even leave the fishing pond.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP3NAhGVBYg&feature=related[/youtube]

How it’s done:
Go to the fishing pond and get in the water facing the land. Then swim inland and press dive where it’s really shallow, if you did it correctly Link should dive in one place and then do a small hop. As soon as he’s in the air, keep tapping B. make sure after the landing animation, you don’t tap it at all. If done correctly, the line will be cast without link even moving the rod. Press Z twice for a better view of link and leave the fishing pond.
Extra: For deku stick for sword (sometimes freezes as adult), go in and out of water, then pause.  For no sword, jump into the water in the lake and pause.
With no sword, you can use any item on epona, half of them resulting with you falling off. Press A once in the water with iron boots and kokiri tunic and hookshot to a fence on epona and wait. When link “dies”, get off and start walking around as dead link! Do it with a bottled fairy for clearer surroundings and a view of your hearts (none).

ocarina Items

In this glitch, link can play the folowing items as an ocarina:
Sword, Bow, Hook/longshot, Slingshot, Bomb, Bombchu, Boomerang, Megaton hammer, Deku stick.

How to do it:

catch something in a bottle (Best to do it with a fish) and while the bottle is still in your hand, do a backflip, while in mid-air press the button of the bottled item then the button of the thing you want to play.

RBA

RBA (Reverse Bottle Adventure) is a way of hacking your items, equipment and dungeon items such as keys, big key, map etc. 

There are many things you can do with this but I’m going to show you the secret coloured gauntlets:

You must have:
Adult’s wallet from skultula house. (10 tokens)
40 seed bag from lost woods game (first right, shoot the log 3 times scoring 100 each time)
Silver scale from zora’s domain diving game (speak to the zora at the top of the waterfall inside)
Pocket cucco from the cucco lady in kakariko (wait for the egg to hach)
0 deku sticks.
For black gauntlets, have no upgrade. For green gauntlets, have goron bracelet. For blue gauntlets, have silver gauntlets. For bronze gauntlets, have goldern gauntlets.
Then get deku stick on B (see steal the rod), get the pocket cucco on right C, empty a fish and catch it again in a bottle. Then, jump of a ledge or backflip (must not land in water) quickly press the bottled fish button then the deku stick button. The fish should be dropped and your B button should have a bottle on it. Catch the fish in your B bottle and equip your sword again and you should have your gauntlets. All the upgrade slots in your equipment screen should be messed up but this can be fixed by getting the golden scale, quiver upgrade, seed bag upgrade and bomb bag upgrade. YOU CANNOT GET ANY GAUNTLET UPGRADES OR YOUR SECRET COULOURED GAUNTLETS WILL BE DELETED.

More to come soon...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 08:18:42 am by Adam glitch »
PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS: Adam glitch

∀xaj

• is dead
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • reply me please
Re: Ocarina of time and majora's mask glitches
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 08:47:17 pm »
Wow, great job with these!  More videos would be nice, though.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 08:50:49 pm by Axaj »

Abwayax

• Founder/Technical Support
  • Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 09:21:19 pm »
This is what I'd had in mind when I started accepting glitch submissions in late 2004.

Unfortunately, I'm not a Zelda gamer so I can't verify these glitches.
A. Malacoda, http://monarch-pass.net

Also malacoda@social.monarch-pass.net and @malacoda:matrix.monarch-pass.net

Also adrianmalacoda or kuschelyagi in some places.

GlitchesAndStuff

• The unofficial GCL Zelda glitcher.
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Majora's mask!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 01:28:19 am »
can I not just put these on the wiki and somone aprove it through the magic of trust? I mean bombchu hover in Oot is extremely hard (It's easy in MM) and I don't think anyone will be able to test it easily, trying this glitch for the first time.

(Well I'll put it in there now/soon/when I get back from work, anyway, so later people can aprove)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 08:14:23 am by Adam glitch »
PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS: Adam glitch

Abwayax

• Founder/Technical Support
  • Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 11:45:36 am »
We don't rely on the magic of trust around here. You can put it on the wiki, but it would have to be verified by staff.

Sorry - rules are rules :P
A. Malacoda, http://monarch-pass.net

Also malacoda@social.monarch-pass.net and @malacoda:matrix.monarch-pass.net

Also adrianmalacoda or kuschelyagi in some places.