Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: New discovery from Dio del Metal (Italian Youtuber)  (Read 2100 times)

Sherkel

• The first unquiring one to bare arms
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Is it an illusion, or a tower built on sand?
    • View Profile
Re: New discovery from Dio del Metal (Italian Youtuber)
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2019, 02:03:19 pm »
He finished it! Great! :D

Personally, I couldn't have imagined a better outcome when it came to this. Another, more famous Italian YouTuber who made videos about glitches was out there all along, and they put out a video explaining the truth of Leyxardon that instantly got 5 or so times as many views in a single day as the original video ever did. And where did they come asking questions first? Here. Seriously, it's surprisingly satisfying.

About the "people could just have checked on bulbapedia" thing: how many "ignorant" people would have known to check there? How many people, ignorant or not, would have bothered to check in the first place?
They wouldn't have, but I think this kind of misses the point. There's no way to communicate info to people who aren't willing to look into it themselves. If someone chooses to ignore what clashes with their perception of the facts here, then no amount of Bulbapedia, GCL, Pokémon Millennium, OR Dio del Metal will change their mind. In the end, this incident helped cement GCL as the place to go for those who want a thorough understanding of what's behind the oddities in these games (take that, luckytyphlosion! :P).

Roberta

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • I wish that Mew was actually under that truck
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2019, 06:04:08 am »
Italian speaker here. I think that it would have been fairly obvious to assume from the beginning that the whole Leyxardon thing was a fake, that's because during the explanation a lot of emphasis is put into dragging the viewer into thinking that "I've never seen in my whole life a glitch like this", "try it if you don't believe it" (repeated multiple times until the end). Usually when a youtuber's main concern is keeping the suspense alive echoing his own disbelief just to be sure that nobody can call a fake on a playthrough, there's actually something fishy going around.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 06:24:31 am by Roberta »

Sherkel

• The first unquiring one to bare arms
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Is it an illusion, or a tower built on sand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2019, 03:54:58 pm »
The more I saw of it, the more I started thinking it couldn't possibly have been meant to be taken seriously, but that didn't seem to be the case for everyone. I'm mostly glad that it gave Cydonia a chance to get the word out more about glitching and how it really works, even if just on a surface level.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 09:23:28 pm by Sherkel »

Matt1990

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • May Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • MissingNo. Glitch City
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2019, 10:03:36 pm »
I assumed it as fake the moment I saw the sprite mainly because it looked too "well made" compared to other Pokéglitches. Plus, an "hardcore" gaming channel that talks about a glitch Pokémon (undiscovered in probably one of the most digged gens glitch-wise?) all of sudden? Seems fishy.
I'm Italian as well though. Also, the OG Youtuber made another vid where he contests what Cydonia says apparently????? (Judging by the thumbnail, I never followed Cydonia nor I came here because of him despite I did interact with him irl some years ago. However, I had, in around 2008, an Italian forum that talked about Pokémon glitches which was founded by someone else who apparently was quite inspired by this one)

I don't know though, if you want I can translate what Dio del Metal says in his latest vid "in his defense" about Lexayrdon.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 10:06:51 pm by Matt1990 »