Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Re: ItemDexJP/B:000 theory  (Read 135 times)

Evie the Bird Mother ❤✿

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: ItemDexJP/B:000 theory
« on: December 19, 2018, 11:02:08 am »
Thank you for your lovely thorough reply Epsilon.

Yes, I had tested item 0x63 before and got the same results as you; item 0x63 was the only potential LOL glitch compatible item not executing a writable memory region.

About there being no need of a screen data saving glitch item (for 0x00/0x63 LG), this may not be true; as in the English games a copy of the screen without the Start menu being open is saved into memory once opening the menu. The purpose of the screen data saving glitch item (e.g. EN 9F) is to save what is on the menu into memory rather than from the overworld.

Hopefully we can find away to avoid the freeze when the item is used in battle. ✿

(Image © Sanrio, Nintendo, HAL Laboratory)

Always believe in yourself first. ✿ Aspiring to be a mother. 🦋

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. Sex male, and spiritually doesn't believe 'male'/'female' needs to be defined; lives more stereotypically like a woman. ✿ 🦋

Please note:

While I'm one of the staff who runs the site, Abwayax is the founder and manages the technical side of the site (specifically the server, but I can do forum/wiki stuff if you like, I suggest if you do to make a thread about it to gather a consensus). Still feel free to contact me about higher site issues though; I will forward them to Abwayax if needed. :)

Forgiveness.

Thank you Nyapon for this lovely artwork. :3