References/Resources
Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Interactive tools
Reference documents
Terminology

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Pokémon Sword and Shield Discussion  (Read 9241 times)

Sherkel

• PSYNCIN' IN THE FINNAGaiN
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Sword and Shield Discussion
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2020, 04:20:06 pm »
I'll probably wait until my Switch firmware becomes hackable and experience them vicariously until then. (It might actually be already...not sure if I read all the details properly when I last looked into it.)

As for the sales thing with Mystery Dungeon, I suppose it's a double-edged sword. I'd rather get purely new content than a remake of a game that was already complete for a system that's just as capable in its context than the Switch is, but if it's the best corporate decision for them then it's the best hope we have for Gen 9.

I'm probably opening up tons of talking points that have already been addressed in detail in conversations about EA and whatever the other big ones are, so I'll just look for those if I care enough to really think about it.
Switch Library:

...But I thought we were going sailing today?

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
Re: Pokémon Sword and Shield Discussion
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2020, 11:21:47 pm »
As for the sales thing with Mystery Dungeon, I suppose it's a double-edged sword. I'd rather get purely new content than a remake of a game that was already complete for a system that's just as capable in its context than the Switch is, but if it's the best corporate decision for them then it's the best hope we have for Gen 9.
For Mystery Dungeon, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we got extended postgame content given how much time has passed between the original games and the remakes. It would seem weird to have nearly five generations of Pokemon pass, but not add in any new content to a game made in Generation 3. I'm hopeful, at least.

The demo is fun.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-4440

EPIC. Sprites by Mutou Yami, PT
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/sigshortened.png/