Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Pokémon cheat codes
Pokémon glitch terminology
Useful tools
More

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: A glitch I don't quite recall???  (Read 1684 times)

dream_wolf989

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • The child of all hacks, who appears from nowhere
    • View Profile
A glitch I don't quite recall???
« on: June 27, 2007, 12:08:08 pm »
Well, this one happened to me once, and only once, still it was interesting.  I was playing pokemon Blue(but I'm pretty sure Red could do this also), and I did "Something".  I don't know what I did, but afterwards I walked to the pokemon center, and without realizing it, I accidently released my Blastoise.  Then what happened is, I said "Screw it, I'll just level my best guys up before fighting the elite four."  So as I was surfing through the path to the elite four, a creature attacked me, and it was a level 179 Blastoise, with all the moves from the released blastoise.  My character name was set at "Mike", so it couldn't have been that.  *shrugs* Anybody know what this is?  Or if you have encountered it or anything of the sort?

Grim the Level 165 MissingNO. [Kabutops Fossil]
Get your own Glitch Pokemon at Glitch City Labs!

pokemon_yellow

Re: A glitch I don't quite recall???
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 12:21:02 pm »
Hmmm actually no I havent but here at GCL we always screw something up like that. But anyway I dont know HOW this happened but Blue version and red are pretty buggy [and glitchy] i dunno but...i'll think of somethin

pokemon_yellow

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 12:21:44 pm »
ACTUALLY!
You may of used the Old man glitch...or the Ditto trick on  accident I doubt the Old Man  trick but...whatever

dream_wolf989

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 12:25:42 pm »
ACTUALLY!
You may of used the Old man glitch...or the Ditto trick on  accident I doubt the Old Man  trick but...whatever

hmm...guess the only thing to do it try^^.  I never thought this would happen, heck, I don't even think you're supposed to run into anything in the water over there, which makes this quite the confusing one, wouldn't you agree?

pokemon_yellow

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 12:29:44 pm »
Hmm I would think its the ditto trick because you level  up a hex pokemon to what pokemon you want right? [idk what Blastoise's Hex is though..]
and well..uh well read the article on the ditto  trick!! XD

dream_wolf989

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 12:36:12 pm »
Hmm I would think its the ditto trick because you level  up a hex pokemon to what pokemon you want right? [idk what Blastoise's Hex is though..]
and well..uh well read the article on the ditto  trick!! XD

*ponders*...that COULD be it...but the odds are pretty slim...especially after when I caught it, it had all the moves my old one had.  *shrugs* Still though, I suppose it is possible....and I thought the ditto tricks always makes them between levels 1-7 O_o

Newo

• Glitch Scientist
  • Veteran Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Mewthree is Dwnage
    • View Profile
    • Glitchcity
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 12:46:15 pm »
It could have been an echo of the RAM.. People do say that released Pokemon do appear in the wild, though I think it is fake.
Either it was some sorta strange corruption that magically made deleted data appear, or it was all a dream.
R/S/Lg/Fr/E Extended Hacker 1.5 for Decamark research ~  New interface and features added!

dream_wolf989

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 01:13:58 pm »
It could have been an echo of the RAM.. People do say that released Pokemon do appear in the wild, though I think it is fake.
Either it was some sorta strange corruption that magically made deleted data appear, or it was all a dream.

umm...I'm gonna go with strange corruption, because after one fight, he went back to level 100, and I was able to transfer him into my Gold version....which is...dead...

now I remember...

WARNING!!!: IF YOU EVER SEE A BOOSTED LEVEL POKEMON APPEAR IN ONE OF YOUR ACTUAL CARTRIDGED GAMES, DO NOT CATCH AND TRANSFER IT!!!

I don't know what happened, but a few days after I transfered Blastoise into my gold version, the game would never work again...

pokemon_yellow

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 01:15:26 pm »
wait.
what do you mean by
'it wouldnt work'