References/Resources
Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Interactive tools
Reference documents
Terminology

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Weird music on my yellow.  (Read 14657 times)

King Homer

• You suck-diddly-uck, Flanders!
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • ALL HAIL KING HOMER!
    • View Profile
Re: Weird music on my yellow.
« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2007, 06:04:09 pm »
Is it possible, using a Gameshark, to encounter the same Pikachu you get in Yellow? It's different from an ordinary Pikachu, I'm sure it would have its own Hex.
It most certaintly doesn't.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yxUeTDdak0

Oh. I was just wondering because I don't have a Gameshark. Actually, I DID, but the first code I entered broke it! >:( :'(

Wait....and how the hell did Gamefreak make the Pikachu in Yellow without a corresponding hex?!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 06:07:05 pm by LedZeplin »
"Mr. Weed? I can't come to work today. I was in a terrible plane crash. My entire family was killed and I am a vegetable. I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Mr. Toad, how many licks of you does it take to get to the center of a Rhode Island state prison?"
(BAM!)
"JUST ONE."

No, No! Beer bring pain!

I think, therefore I am. I think.

The mayfly lives only one day. AND SOMETIMES, IT RAINS.

"My, my, hey, hey, Rock and roll is here to stay. It's better to burn out, than to fade away, My, my, hey, hey."-Neil Young

"I'm sitting on the corner feeling glad.
Got no money coming in but I can't be sad.
That was the best cup of coffee I ever had.
And I won't worry about a thing because we've got it made,
Here on the inside, outside so far away."
-"Inside", by Jethro Tull

Lauryn the Arisen

• ポケットモンスターみどり研究員
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • "That is just offensive what they do." - Ellis
    • View Profile
    • The Rebirth Hellgar
« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2007, 06:51:19 pm »
Who knows. Right, this it gonna sound weird. It's about Kestuban. (MissingNo.). He's still in my Party, with me right, when I checked him, he was lvl 100, due to the Rare Candy's I have. He dropped back down to lvl 1, and his HP was stretched across the screen, and where his picture would be, if he had one. So, before I took him into battle, with a trainer, so his health was at 100 or so, and when he, was hit, the green health bar started dropping then so did the red. It stopped at first, then the enemy attacked, again and his health kept going down until he fainted. I turned off the game, left it for the rest of the night, then later on, I went off again, got my next Badge, then I beaten the Rocket's at the Game Corner, then went to the Pokemon Tower, but half way there, when Kestuban fainted my Pokemon and I, were jarred, then I healed them, at them sqaures then I was fine. Even with Kestuban, as my 6th Pokemon, he looked like a Rocket, at first then he changed into something else, then I went into battle against Jessie, and James, yet I wasn't jarred neither was my Primeape.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 06:51:55 pm by Mutou Yami »
R.I.P. Paul Gray - April 8, 1972 – May 24, 2010.
Poets of the Fall Addict.
I love you, to the moon and back, Nathan "Dallas" Steele <3

King Homer

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • ALL HAIL KING HOMER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2007, 04:23:00 pm »
Who knows. Right, this it gonna sound weird. It's about Kestuban. (MissingNo.). He's still in my Party, with me right, when I checked him, he was lvl 100, due to the Rare Candy's I have. He dropped back down to lvl 1, and his HP was stretched across the screen, and where his picture would be, if he had one. So, before I took him into battle, with a trainer, so his health was at 100 or so, and when he, was hit, the green health bar started dropping then so did the red. It stopped at first, then the enemy attacked, again and his health kept going down until he fainted. I turned off the game, left it for the rest of the night, then later on, I went off again, got my next Badge, then I beaten the Rocket's at the Game Corner, then went to the Pokemon Tower, but half way there, when Kestuban fainted my Pokemon and I, were jarred, then I healed them, at them sqaures then I was fine. Even with Kestuban, as my 6th Pokemon, he looked like a Rocket, at first then he changed into something else, then I went into battle against Jessie, and James, yet I wasn't jarred neither was my Primeape.

You NAMED him? All right, whatever. I named the one I caught in Blue SUPERNO. Don't laugh. Because of this, my graphics didn't glitch up. He is now a permanent member of my team.

About the big health bar...you encountered Super Glitch. SUPER GLITCH! SUPER GLITCH!! DEFENDER OF GLITCHINESS!!! Spam aside, if you had left it turned on, once you won and got out of battle, the screen would've turned white and the game would've frozen.
"Mr. Weed? I can't come to work today. I was in a terrible plane crash. My entire family was killed and I am a vegetable. I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Mr. Toad, how many licks of you does it take to get to the center of a Rhode Island state prison?"
(BAM!)
"JUST ONE."

No, No! Beer bring pain!

"My, my, hey, hey, Rock and roll is here to stay. It's better to burn out, than to fade away, My, my, hey, hey."-Neil Young

King Homer

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • ALL HAIL KING HOMER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2007, 04:26:09 pm »
How the hell did he go down to Level 1?!  :???: O_o D:

And what's his back sprite in Yellow look like? Like the random glitchy back sprite of Red/Blue, or something else?

(BAM!)
"JUST ONE."

No, No! Beer bring pain!

Lauryn the Arisen

• ポケットモンスターみどり研究員
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • The Rebirth Hellgar
« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2007, 10:39:46 pm »
I have no idea. I went to check him, to see what he was up to, and I saw his health's 15/15 and he's lvl 1. I was like. "Wtf?"
Here's what he'll look like when you do the Trick, and he'll unfreeze the game:

Creepy, isn't it? Yeah, I called him Kestuban (Japanese or MissingNo./Missing Number.) I always called him, that since I learnt of it's name.

Newo

• Glitch Scientist
  • Veteran Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Mewthree is Dwnage
    • View Profile
    • Glitchcity
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2007, 09:07:46 am »
That is the famous Yellow MissingNo.

Edit: Why the hell is there no yellow glitchdex article on him, or am I not looking properly.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 09:09:27 am by Newo »
R/S/Lg/Fr/E Extended Hacker 1.5 for Decamark research ~  New interface and features added!

Lauryn the Arisen

• ポケットモンスターみどり研究員
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • The Rebirth Hellgar
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2007, 12:11:19 pm »
I have no idea. I've been writing down what I've learnt about him, but I guess it's already been known?

King Homer

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • ALL HAIL KING HOMER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2007, 01:08:53 pm »
That is the famous Yellow MissingNo.

Edit: Why the hell is there no yellow glitchdex article on him, or am I not looking properly.

I've checked Newo, it isn't there. I have no idea WHY the hell they didn't make one for him. So, yeah, there isn't one.

I have no idea. I went to check him, to see what he was up to, and I saw his health's 15/15 and he's lvl 1. I was like. "Wtf?"
Here's what he'll look like when you do the Trick, and he'll unfreeze the game:

Creepy, isn't it? Yeah, I called him Kestuban (Japanese or MissingNo./Missing Number.) I always called him, that since I learnt of it's name.

Oh. It froze and beeped with me BEFORE I saw that. I'd like to see his back sprite, too, if he has one.

(BAM!)
"JUST ONE."

No, No! Beer bring pain!

Lauryn the Arisen

• ポケットモンスターみどり研究員
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • The Rebirth Hellgar
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2007, 01:11:25 pm »
He does. On my VBA version of Yellow,  I'll get him on there, catch him,, send him into a battle, and post up.

King Homer

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • ALL HAIL KING HOMER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2007, 01:20:48 pm »
Is it like his randomly changing pixellated one in Red/Blue?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 01:35:37 pm by LedZeplin »

(BAM!)
"JUST ONE."

No, No! Beer bring pain!

Lauryn the Arisen

• ポケットモンスターみどり研究員
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • The Rebirth Hellgar
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2007, 01:24:09 pm »
Well he has the same look but he don't change. His sprite however in your party does. I'm playing by VBA Yellow now, so when I get him, I'll take a few screens of what he'll do, during this time. My old yellow still has my data but I have no camera nor scanner so I'll use my VBA Yellow to post what he'll do.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 01:25:48 pm by Mutou Yami »

King Homer

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • ALL HAIL KING HOMER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2007, 01:32:58 pm »
Umm...what do you mean by "jarred"? I can not for the life of me figure out what that means.

Also, by the way, "Missingchu" is fake. Just in case you were still wondering.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 01:39:33 pm by LedZeplin »

(BAM!)
"JUST ONE."

No, No! Beer bring pain!

Lauryn the Arisen

• ポケットモンスターみどり研究員
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • The Rebirth Hellgar
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2007, 01:39:14 pm »
*Sighs* When you have a MissingNo./'M in your party your character will be facing the other way and you'll have ||| through/on  your character's sprite same with your Pokemon. It's called jarred, or in an too easy way of saying, the graphics are scrambled.

King Homer

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • ALL HAIL KING HOMER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2007, 01:46:24 pm »
Oh. I KNOW WHAT THAT IS. I encountered a few times in Blue and Red. I've just never heard it called "jarred" before. Scrambled is what I have always heard it called.

Also, it is pretty freaky when your character and Pokemon are "jarred."

And Missingno.'s back sprite is pretty freaky, as well. I mean...sometimes he appears as two little dots, sometimes as a big vertical glitch block, and sometimes this REALLY FREAKY glitchy box. First time I saw that in Blue, I shut off my game, fearfully. Which one does it look like in Yellow?

Primeape? Where did you get that? From the Ditto Trick?

(BAM!)
"JUST ONE."

No, No! Beer bring pain!

Lauryn the Arisen

• ポケットモンスターみどり研究員
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • The Rebirth Hellgar
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2007, 01:49:18 pm »
No, it's was the lvl 5 Mankey I caugut. My Pikachu's on my Red, ready to learn Surf, so I've been raising the Mankey with is now my Primeape.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 01:50:28 pm by Mutou Yami »