Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Pokémon cheat codes
Pokémon glitch terminology
Useful tools
More

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Legendary Pokémon  (Read 17481 times)

Ghost

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • GSC FTW!
    • View Profile
Re: legendary pokemon
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 01:50:54 pm »
What about a tier for ranking glitches.

RPBnimrod

• The Mustached Monkey өϩϩԨ∑∑˚˚ıHKZHBHıı∞϶∞∞∞∞≠≠
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Mods, quit editing this personal text. Kthx.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 11:12:30 pm »
a what for ranking glitches? :???:

HAIL THE ULTIMATE UNOWN!!! :O

Sherkel

• Ringsome on the aquaface
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 05:35:04 am »
a what for ranking glitches? :???:
A tier, like that on Smogon and a few other places (Uber, BL, OU, UU, NU,...). But why though?

Kind of on hiatus for the next few weeks at least, but I always come back and in the meantime would like to encourage discussion on how the site is organized so as to let visitors find the most useful info (whatever that may be) in a clean and efficient fashion.
I don't have a habit of keeping Discord open, so direct inquiries are still preferred through here.

Ghost

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • GSC FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 02:06:32 pm »
After you sort where on the tier each glitch would be placed, it would be easier to figure out which, if any, glitches are to be legendary. Like each legendary having a glitch parallel. You might find .4 commonly in the wild, while someone like MISSINGNO. could be an "rare" pok?mon like sudowoodo. Not legendary, but still hard to find.(Or Limited chances of finding)

Fivex

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 02:14:14 pm »
After you sort where on the tier each glitch would be placed, it would be easier to figure out which, if any, glitches are to be legendary. Like each legendary having a glitch parallel. You might find .4 commonly in the wild, while someone like MISSINGNO. could be an "rare" pok?mon like sudowoodo. Not legendary, but still hard to find.(Or Limited chances of finding)
And almost every uber glitch can be a legendary pokemon!

Ghost

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • GSC FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 02:17:06 pm »
And almost every uber glitch can be a legendary pokemon!
Now you understand me.

Sherkel

• Ringsome on the aquaface
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 05:18:14 pm »
Glitches are a bit too widespread with nothing in the middle for that to really work, though...

Kind of on hiatus for the next few weeks at least, but I always come back and in the meantime would like to encourage discussion on how the site is organized so as to let visitors find the most useful info (whatever that may be) in a clean and efficient fashion.
I don't have a habit of keeping Discord open, so direct inquiries are still preferred through here.

Ghost

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • GSC FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2007, 05:44:16 pm »
I'd do it, and I will do it. Starting with R/B/Y.

Hydrall

• Former Spriter of GCL Version
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Hail to the lost, mighty that they be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 06:34:31 pm »

Why would MissingNo. be legendary? I'd think it would be sort of the main Glitch, like how Koffings, Ratatta and Ekans were for TR.
GONE.

Ghost

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • GSC FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 06:44:39 pm »

Why would MissingNo. be legendary? I'd think it would be sort of the main Glitch, like how Koffings, Ratatta and Ekans were for TR.

Hydrall

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 06:53:30 pm »
Ohhhh..

OOPS!

D'oh. I need to read more carefully...
GONE.

Ghost

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • GSC FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 07:11:05 pm »
But you're right though. MISSINGNO. should be more staple, but according to his effect he's not. I don't think it's very smart to duplicate the sixth item by 128 in almost every glitch battle.

echinodermata

• Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 10:42:21 pm »
Obviously Glitch Pokemon will have full-fledged pokedex entries, eliminating such possibilities.

Abwayax

• Founder/Technical Support
  • Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 02:52:08 am »

The thing with those Pokemon is that they appear so damn much. Legendaries, on the other hand, don't - the fact that MissingNo is actually the most common should probably make it the least likely to be picked as legendary.
A. Malacoda, http://monarch-pass.net

Also malacoda@social.monarch-pass.net and @malacoda:matrix.monarch-pass.net

Also adrianmalacoda or kuschelyagi in some places.

Hydrall

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2007, 03:14:27 pm »
Obviously Glitch Pokemon will have full-fledged pokedex entries, eliminating such possibilities.

Speaking of that, we could start working on that. What do you all think glitches would look like in real life?

I think giant, cell-like things. But with tentacles. Missingno's 'top' part is a big mouth, evolved to suck smaller glitches (.4, A, etc.) from crevices. It's water guns are two tentacles that have holes, and Sky Attack is a beam thing that shoots out of its mouth.

SHOOP DA WHOOP!  O_o

MissingNo.
Height: Generally 4-5 feet
Weight: N/A

This was the first Glitch discovered, named 'MissingNo.', meaning Missing Number. The large growth upon the top is a mouth, evolved to suck smaller Glitches out of crevices. This is a very common Glitch.

I doubt this is good enough, but... Meh.
GONE.