TypeDex
More

Major Glitches
Trainer escape glitch
Old man glitch
Celebi Egg glitch
SRAM glitch
Buffer overflow techniques
Pomeg glitch data corruption (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Pokémon cloning
Select glitches (Japan)
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Recurring glitches
More

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Error traps
Non-glitch exploits
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information
More

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site Source Code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness  (Read 325681 times)

extreme forkton supreme

• Uncle DynaShock
  • Oldbie
  • Offline Offline
  • Look how cool I am. I can make my own avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness
« Reply #2415 on: May 07, 2010, 06:49:31 pm »
So, before I went to school today, my dad said that he didn't want to drive up to * and pick me up from * (I forgot the reason.) He says I could stay for a bit and then take a later train than usual. After school, I go to *, and call my parents and get the time of the train I should take: 5:15. So, to be safe, I leave from * at 4:30 to ensure arrival at * Station. A * train comes pretty quickly. At around *, however, I heard an announcement. I can't remember what it said, but we then waited for about 5-10 minutes. Then, an announcement says that the manager of the train (some high authority) said that the train was clear to go. I start to realize how slow we're actually going when I see it's 5:00 at *. The ride continues slowly to *, and I get on a *train around 5:10. At *, there are a ton of people that want to get on. I duobt most of them actually made it, since the train was already crammed full. To get a tiny bit more assurance, I start to try and get near a door when we're at *. However, when we near *, I realize I picked the wrong door. I try and get through, but since it was the last stop, everybody was getting off. I run to the * Station, and find that there is no * train until 5:35. So, I think, "That's fine, I'll just call to see when it gets in to *." I call my parents and find that it arrives around 6:20. When it arrives, I get on. I see that it is not the usual conductor for the * train, probably because it's a different one. I get on, we get going, and the conductor asks for tickets and passes. I put my Student CharlieCard in the thing as usual, but then this happens:
Conductor: Where are you headed to?
Me: *.
Conductor: That'll be $2.85.
Oh s**t. I don't have any money on me.
Me: Sorry, I don't have any money.
Conductor: This alon won't take you there. I think I talked with you about this about a month ago. That's just a half fare.
Around September 2nd, I remember a conductor saying that the pass wouldn't take me to *. After that, however, I started taking a train to *, where the pass would supposedly take me. Later, I took a * train with *, ready with money. I saw that * got out his pass, and when I asked, he said, "He might take it." So, I got mine out too, and surely enough, we didn't have to pay. After that, I started taking the 4:30 * train, and I always got by with the pass.
Me: On the * train I usually go on, I've gotten by with just this.
Conductor: I'm sorry, but you're not meant to. There's a Family Pass, a * Pass, and a Student Monthly Pass, which only works on the * train.
I start to get out some change, to see if it adds up.
Conductor: Just a dollar and a quarter will be fine.
I start to take a while to find quarters, and just take out some random change, which adds up to around that amount. My DS proceeds to go onto low battery and I find I can't connect to the Internet.
6:30, I arrive home. FTT.
Names and locations censored.

You had a bad day.

Sherkel

• /du'deɪʃ/
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Huyus Ecclesiae Cathedralis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: May 07, 2010, 07:20:21 pm »
So, before I went to school today, my dad said that he didn't want to drive up to * and pick me up from * (I forgot the reason.) He says I could stay for a bit and then take a later train than usual. After school, I go to *, and call my parents and get the time of the train I should take: 5:15. So, to be safe, I leave from * at 4:30 to ensure arrival at * Station. A * train comes pretty quickly. At around *, however, I heard an announcement. I can't remember what it said, but we then waited for about 5-10 minutes. Then, an announcement says that the manager of the train (some high authority) said that the train was clear to go. I start to realize how slow we're actually going when I see it's 5:00 at *. The ride continues slowly to *, and I get on a *train around 5:10. At *, there are a ton of people that want to get on. I duobt most of them actually made it, since the train was already crammed full. To get a tiny bit more assurance, I start to try and get near a door when we're at *. However, when we near *, I realize I picked the wrong door. I try and get through, but since it was the last stop, everybody was getting off. I run to the * Station, and find that there is no * train until 5:35. So, I think, "That's fine, I'll just call to see when it gets in to *." I call my parents and find that it arrives around 6:20. When it arrives, I get on. I see that it is not the usual conductor for the * train, probably because it's a different one. I get on, we get going, and the conductor asks for tickets and passes. I put my Student CharlieCard in the thing as usual, but then this happens:
Conductor: This alon won't take you there. I think I talked with you about this about a month ago. That's just a half fare.
Around September 2nd, I remember a conductor saying that the pass wouldn't take me to *. After that, however, I started taking a train to *, where the pass would supposedly take me. Later, I took a * train with *, ready with money. I saw that * got out his pass, and when I asked, he said, "He might take it." So, I got mine out too, and surely enough, we didn't have to pay. After that, I started taking the 4:30 * train, and I always got by with the pass.
Conductor: I'm sorry, but you're not meant to. There's a Family Pass, a * Pass, and a Student Monthly Pass, which only works on the * train.
I start to take a while to find quarters, and just take out some random change, which adds up to around that amount. My DS proceeds to go onto low battery and I find I can't connect to the Internet.

You had a bad day.
Just getting home...but at least I had a nice night of Bowser's Inside Story.

Welcome back. You seem more dudeish now, so that's good!

Evie Torchic the Glitch Scientist

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Thank you for this lovely artwork Nyapon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: May 08, 2010, 05:39:00 am »

You had a bad day.

I have that game too, its great and I especially enjoyed the feeling of fighting some of the bosses and recalling the storyline. However, for some reason I still found the original M&L Superstar Saga to be more enjoyable, maybe thats just me because I just like things to be simple but also full of depth. Then again sometimes it was a bit hard to 'go along with what was happening', that warp thing for example Bowser can use to travel back to places. It does break the natural timeline of the game (i.e. do this then do that) but thats fine; it just seemed completely out of place, I preferred the old pipe system.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 05:41:00 am by Torchickens »
Hi!

I'm Evie.

I'm a transgender person, but any pronouns are fine. She/her preferred.

Unfortunately due to legal concerns I won't be using emulators and unauthorised copies of ROMs anymore, just real hardware with official cartridges and a cheating device (Xploder) to aid research, sorry.

Online I most often use the username Torchickens or Chickasaurus.

Ah.. koucha ga oishii ♪

Thanks Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

If you like, please contact me by private message here on the forums as I no longer check other places very often.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChickasaurusGL

I like to collect interesting video games. ^_^
https://www.vgcollect.com/Torchickens

Fun times come and go, we may argue what is the point if nothing in this world is permanent; and all energy is believed to be subject to transformation. I guess in the temporary absence of it though, we value those times more and even though some things seem to be lost, they return in other forms.

Fivex

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: May 10, 2010, 04:04:14 pm »

You had a bad day.

I have that game too, its great and I especially enjoyed the feeling of fighting some of the bosses and recalling the storyline. However, for some reason I still found the original M&L Superstar Saga to be more enjoyable, maybe thats just me because I just like things to be simple but also full of depth. Then again sometimes it was a bit hard to 'go along with what was happening', that warp thing for example Bowser can use to travel back to places. It does break the natural timeline of the game (i.e. do this then do that) but thats fine; it just seemed completely out of place, I preferred the old pipe system.

Well at least M&L get to use a warp system while outside of bowser that is composed of pipes.

Photon-Phoenix

• Gotta pop dem windows.
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: May 10, 2010, 05:04:39 pm »
Sir Puppum Hat's avatar has a BIG TWO.

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
« Reply #2420 on: June 08, 2010, 04:43:35 pm »
Wow, there was a lockdown at my school today from someone robbing a Shell Station.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-4440

EPIC. Sprites by Mutou Yami, PT
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/sigshortened.png/

Chaos Hiruko

• Lord of Destruction
  • Oldbie
  • Offline Offline
  • Pharaoh Robotnik demands fried chicken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: June 08, 2010, 05:56:46 pm »
Radda.
[size=9]3.14[/size][/b][/glow]

My trainer card, thanks to Epgpwpx
Need a new one soon.....
GETS in the Count to One Million: 5300, 5400, 5900, 6400, 6500, 7600, 8300, 8500

Awesome banner made by the equally awesome FooBot!

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
« Reply #2422 on: June 09, 2010, 08:30:26 pm »

Chaos Hiruko

• Lord of Destruction
  • Oldbie
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile

Need a new one soon.....
GETS in the Count to One Million: 5300, 5400, 5900, 6400, 6500, 7600, 8300, 8500

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash

Chaos Hiruko

• Lord of Destruction
  • Oldbie
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile

Need a new one soon.....

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
« Reply #2426 on: June 10, 2010, 08:46:55 pm »

Chaos Hiruko

• Lord of Destruction
  • Oldbie
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: June 10, 2010, 09:47:45 pm »
Radda.
Rattata.
Ratatouille.
Ratatouille with a side of beans.
Ratatouille with a side of beans and nachos.
Ratatouille with a side of beans, nachos, and Rattata bones.
Ratatouille with a side of beans, nachos, Rattata bones, and Kentucky Fried Combusken.

Need a new one soon.....

Hālian

• That worldbuilding/micronations/MTG guy
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • For a better world
    • View Profile
    • Hoennese Realm
« Reply #2428 on: June 10, 2010, 09:51:52 pm »
Radda.
Rattata.
Ratatouille.
Ratatouille with a side of beans, nachos, Rattata bones, and Kentucky Fried Combusken.
Ratatouille with a side of beans, nachos, Rattata bones, Kentucky Fried Combusken, and a 72-oz Tauros steak dinner.
Hoennese Realm

All sprites made by Naitekiakki, except:
Recolored Gardevoir made by me

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
« Reply #2429 on: June 10, 2010, 10:56:26 pm »
Radda.
Rattata.
Ratatouille.
Game, set, match. I'm going home to have my Ratatouille with a side of beans, nachos, Rattata bones, and Kentucky Fried Combusken.