References/Resources
Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Interactive tools
Reference documents
Terminology

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Urban Dead  (Read 1202 times)

Hydrall

• Former Spriter of GCL Version
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Hail to the lost, mighty that they be...
    • View Profile
Urban Dead
« on: April 20, 2008, 09:17:50 am »
In death, the city stirs. Its borders still locked down after a sudden government quarantine two years ago, Malton's trapped civilians make their way through the derelict buildings, surviving the changing seasons to rebuild their fragmented society from the rubble upwards. Military cleanup squads patrol the empty streets, stationed in the city for the long haul, while embedded scientific groups continue the experiments that brought them here.

And the dead rise up and thrive, trailing through the ruined streets of the city, milling between buildings and clawing through makeshift barricades and diversions, reclaiming the city as their own.

Urban Dead is a browser-based zombie apocalypse MMORPG.

www.urbandead.com
--------------------

UD is a very low-budget online game, just a step higher on the tech level then MUDs. It is, as the above paragraph says, a war between zombies and humans.

Currently, humans are losing. Something Awful (If you didn't know, they're an 'net forum devoted to bastardity) has invaded, creating a zombie super-group called The Dead, who have taken over most of the city. Even the RRF, the once-greatest zombie group, doesn't like them.

Between The Dead and PKers (In this context, humans killing humans), all of Malton is being devastated. WE NEED YOUR HELP! Save the city from destruction, for if zombies outnumber humans 9:1 or so, Kevan Davis (Game maker) can and will cause the game to die.

The game has a rich history, from The Many, to Ron Burgundy, to the RRF, the sieges of Caiger Mall, LUE, Shacknews, Fort Creedy, the RCC... It reads out like an overly long action movie, full of plots, subplots, plot twists and plot holes.

The Dead versus The Living- Who will win?

(In it, I'm Jallus, human, almost highest level and member of the MMS in Roftwood. Well, we're dead right now.)
GONE.

Ghost

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • GSC FTW!
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 12:33:39 pm »
I started playing this a while back, but never got into it. You can probably guess what I was, and because of that, you can probably guess what I am now. I' thinking of starting a new profile.  :-\ Again, as a Medic.

Hydrall

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 03:31:07 pm »
Might not want to- The Dead have eaten us. Try to find a safe place.

Actually, a better idea- Be a zombie and eat zombies for us! XD
GONE.

Ghost

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • GSC FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 08:37:09 pm »
I've gone and done it. I've created a new character... But now what, I've forgotten how to play this game...

Kannon

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • s**t Just Got Real
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 11:11:21 pm »
Alright, I made a character, his name is Comrade Taquito.  I've read the guides on the wiki, and I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing, although, I'd like to make some sort of group to help myself out

Hydrall

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 02:16:20 pm »
Go to Roftwood and find St. Ethelbert's Hospital. Ask for the MMS or Jallus.
GONE.