Celebi Egg trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg data corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitches
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
Glitch Pokémon cries
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site Source Code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: game corner?  (Read 2153 times)

zyborg

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
game corner?
« on: June 29, 2008, 02:38:32 pm »
Is there going to be a Game Corner? Just wondering, though I didn't know where to post this. Also, I came up with an idea for a "secret" Game Corner, that you get a pass to after you get a jackpot on the normal Game Corner's slot machine.

Here are the games I came up with for the "secret" Game Corner.

Battle slots: a different type of slot machine. It has a small window that mimics a pokemon battle, though only the enemy Pokemon and it's HP bar are shown. Every time you get a match, you get coins, but the enemy pokemon takes damage. The matched symbols determine how many coins you get and how much damage the opponent takes. If the opponent is knocked out, you get bonus coins, depending on how hard the opponent was to beat. However, the opponent can attack you, which affects the reels (making it hard to line up symbols, reversing the direction of one reel, rotating reels after they are stopped, etc.) The attacks depend on the pokemon using them.

Defeating the enemy Pokemon actually isn't the goal, however. The goal is to catch the Pokemon. If you match 3 Pokeball symbols, a quick minigame appears. A single reel spins, which has Pokeball symbols, Great Ball symbols, Ultra ball symbols, and 1 Master Ball symbol. Whichever you stop it on determines the ball thrown. It then acts like it would if you were to throw that type of ball at the pokemon in the wild. If captured, you get a jackpot depending on the difficulty of the enemy pokemon. In the main part of the game, there are also "M" symbols, in which 3 of them lined up automatically counts as a catch.

Shell game: Run by a psychic. The ball is placed under the shells as usual, and shuffled. However, sometimes two of them flash (usually at the end), and it means they switched places without them actually moving.

How are these ideas? I know it is hard to read that wall of text, so I apologize.

:56 ERROR

• Uncle Rupee
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • This Glitch-tastic place.
Re: game corner?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 09:57:59 pm »
Damn you're better at this than making attacks.  ;)
Hail to Oman, may it live forever.
I AM BACK ON GCLF WITH A VENGEANCE, WELCOME ME.

zyborg

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 12:15:13 pm »
Thanks. I've always liked coming up with ideas for games. It is a hobby of mine, in fact.

Hydrall

• Former Spriter of GCL Version
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Hail to the lost, mighty that they be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 06:37:39 am »
All I can say is YES.
GONE.

zyborg

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 06:26:58 pm »
Thanks. I really like working on ideas for this game. I'm trying to come up with a set of games based on the Fighting, Psychic and Dark types.

EDIT: I was thinking of "unofficial Gyms" like the Fighting Gym in R/B/Y/FR/LG, except you can join one of them. You have to have a pokemon of the Gym's type (fighting, Psychic, or Dark) in order to join. You can then play a minigame or train. If you get enough points in minigames, you can get prizes. Once you register, all other unofficial gyms will act like normal gyms, but the prize is a membership rather than a badge (so you can eventually play all three minigames and train at all gyms).

Fighting game: Punch-out!, pokemon-style. You play as a Machop in a boxing game. First opponent is a Tyrouge, next a Heracross, then a Hitmonchan and finally a Machamp.

Dark game: Similar to the Kirby minigames of Samurai Kirby and the shootout minigame. You play as a Poochyena, and fight against other pokemon by pressing the A button before they attack, but after the word "ATTACK" appears. However, some of the later ones will try to cheat, and you have to block them somehow (probably left and A, or B)

More coming soon!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 12:36:54 pm by zyborg »

zyborg

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 05:46:23 pm »
Just posting to let people know that I edited my post above.

Sorreah

• ZZAZZ Researcher
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 04:22:48 pm »
Hiya! Long time no see.

Anyway, I love the ideas here. It'd be cool to actually join a gym. Will you have to fight challenging trainers now and then, or just the ones who are with the gym?

Maybe you can become the leader of the gym itself if you get enough points, though you can only lead one gym at a time (if you want to be a leader at another gym you'd have to give up your current position)

Just open your eyes and see that

life

is

beautiful

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Please check out my stories on fanfiction.net :)

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/862354/The_Lights_Refrain

Hydrall

• Former Spriter of GCL Version
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Hail to the lost, mighty that they be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 06:35:28 pm »
Well, keeping in mind the limits of game coding, what would you do as leader?

On another subject, I haven't really done much for this recently. -.- For some reason, I can't work in the summer.
GONE.

Photon-Phoenix

• Gotta pop dem windows.
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 01:42:21 pm »
Well, keeping in mind the limits of game coding

We haven't even done anything yet.

Edit: On another note, I've had this idea since last year, but I haven't really gotten around to it (if not for this game, then a seperate one)

GCLF DODGEBALL:

Basicly, a Soldat-esqe 2D game of dodge ball.  Different colored balls have different abilities and stuff.

Rules: Normal dodgeball minus the sissy "NO ABOVE THE WAIST/ NO HEAD SHOTS" rule.

Ball Types and Colors/Powers. (Ball rarity is listed from least to greatest)

Light Grey: Normal standard ball, you should know it does nothing but to be thrown (equivalent to not posting usergroup and can only knock out people with no ball or grey balls)

Black: Normal Standard Ball, cannot be knocked out by grey balls. (Normal Member Equivalent)

Bright Yellow: Just there for looks and you can't throw it or be hit with any ball besides red/blue balls (explained later)

Dark Green: Gives a speed boost and can be thrown signifigantly farther (Member + equivalent)

Off Yellow: A powered up varient of Dark Green, but is invincable to all balls Dark Green and below. (Decamark researcher + Equivalent)

Light Green: Same as Off Yellow but has a weak auto targeting system and is invincable to all balls below Light Green. (Local Mod)

Purple: No auto target, but faster speed and people at a 150pixel radius from the thrown ball become frozen by "glitch status" and cannot be KOed by balls below Purple (Glitch Scientist)

Dark Blue: Auto Targeting System with 1/2 full speed. (that's faster than Purple) If hit, WOM + status will come into 1/5th of effect and after 5 hits, you will spend one round as "banned" (not playing for that round)  (Global Mod)

Glowing Dark Blue: Same as Dark Blue, but cannot be knocked out by balls below Glowing Dark Blue (Moderator Leader)

Greenish Blue: 3/4ths full speed. Higher Jumps and an advanced targeting system. Cannot be knocked out by balls below greenish blue. When someone is hit by a Greenish Blue ball, the person becomes 3/5ths WOMed. (Lt. Admin)

Red: Full speed. Advanced targeting system with controllable ball incase the target moves mid projection. Instant "banned" status for next game if hit by a red ball. Extra jet fuel and extra high jumps. Cannot be KOed by any balls below Red, even WOM + status and Glitched Status is nulled. (Administrator)

Glowing Red: Super Speed. Advanced targeting system with controllable ball that returns back to thrower. Duplicate and Destroy attack (ball splits up into 42 other smaller balls and bounces everywhere until someone is hit. These balls never become "dead" or "non-leathal" because it's their special ability) with `/~ button. Infinate jet fuel. Once someone is hit with a glowing red ball, they are auto banned for the next game. (unless everyone is hit then the next round is skipped and another one starts instantly with everyone unbanned) Nulls banned, WOM +, and Glitched Status.

Movement:

Limited Jetboots fuel, backflips for platforming, front flips for platforming, jumps, running.

Burninated:

This occurs if you never throw your ball and was never hit by a ball the whole game. During the next game, you are placed in the enemy team's box and are a free target for pwnage.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 02:16:11 pm by GARY 'M 9 »

Fivex

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 12:12:27 am »
nice
You missed Sonic glitch researcher and Valued controbuter though.
Flashing ball:Random;y runs out oh jetboots fuel. Has a random level of auto targetting. WOM, glitching, and banning randomly works. (Sonic glitch researcher)
ORange:Same as Dark green except with unlimited jetpack fuel(Valued contributer )

Photon-Phoenix

• Gotta pop dem windows.
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 01:02:18 pm »
nice
You missed Sonic glitch researcher and Valued controbuter though.
Flashing ball:Random;y runs out oh jetboots fuel. Has a random level of auto targetting. WOM, glitching, and banning randomly works. (Sonic glitch researcher)
ORange:Same as Dark green except with unlimited jetpack fuel(Valued contributer )

No

Light Blue Ball: Full Speed. Semi auto targeting and if target is in a 20 pixel radius of the ball, they obtain "glitch" status. Cannot be KO'd by balls below Local Mod. (Sonic Glitch Scientist)

Bright Orange: Same as dark green, but cannot be hit by an ball darkgreen and below. (Valued Contributer)

Orange: Same as black, but just looks cooler :P (GCL Fangame Development Team)