Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Pokémon cheat codes
Pokémon glitch terminology
Useful tools
More

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: How to make a Glitch City in Super Mario Deluxe  (Read 1187 times)

Evie the Mother Hen ☽ ❤

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • I love My Melody. 🦋 ✿
    • View Profile
How to make a Glitch City in Super Mario Deluxe
« on: July 29, 2008, 06:59:53 am »
With a bit of messing about with Hex Editting I discovered a code, I wanted to change the scrolling feature somehow and I found a code for that. - 01XX61C1

Putting the value as 00 made it so that levels were 256 by Y in size as long as you did not take the flagpole, so now I needed to discover a code to remove the flagpole.

010062C1 and
0120D2D2 seemed to work

and finally I used the go through walls code so I did not get trapped in the glitchness or fall off the level 0102C1C1

Interestingly there is also a glitch varient of mario; but the one I used in the video below is just a sprite replacement - 01BAC2C1

The real glitch varient of mario I discovered by changing the value for both mario having a mushroom mario with no mushroom the starman etc, small mario was 00 big mario was 01 so I thought there might be glitch varients somewhere

The one value I found to work though was 01FEC5C1, this changes mario to a glitch, he falls through levels often though

Boo on the You Vs Boo seems to spawn more glitch cities when he catches up with you, eventually it all crashes though

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eTU_b2gZ1E&feature=channel_page[/youtube]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 09:20:12 am by Torchickens »

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
Here have some free flowers on every post :)

(Images © Sanrio, Nintendo, Pokémon, HAL Laboratory)

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. Transgender woman but spiritually doesn't believe 'male'/'female' needs to be defined; lives more stereotypically like a woman/I'm a 'girly' nerd who discovered herself. Call me whichever pronouns you like. :)

Feel free to contact me here about anything regarding the site.

Forgiveness. I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Thank you Nyapon for this lovely artwork. :3

xparasite9

• *technically* the first to discover the foundations of the Move 0x00 ACE glitch but this was at a time (mid-aughties) no-one even thought about ACE
  • Oldbie
  • Offline Offline
  • FALCON...PAAAAUUUUNNNNNCH!
    • View Profile
Re: How to make a Glitch City in Super Mario Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 11:19:12 am »
I'm not exactly sure "glitch city" is a proper term for this. then again, "blue hell" isn't correct either. "glitchéd level"?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 11:25:31 am by xparasite9 »

Evie the Mother Hen ☽ ❤

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • I love My Melody. 🦋 ✿
    • View Profile
Re: How to make a Glitch City in Super Mario Deluxe
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 11:31:37 am »
I'm not sure, after you pass the blueness the game starts to draw random blocks and textures in the background, suppose you could call it the glitch boundaries seeing as after a certain point in a level it always turns glitchy

Here have some free flowers on every post :)

(Images © Sanrio, Nintendo, Pokémon, HAL Laboratory)

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. Transgender woman but spiritually doesn't believe 'male'/'female' needs to be defined; lives more stereotypically like a woman/I'm a 'girly' nerd who discovered herself. Call me whichever pronouns you like. :)

Feel free to contact me here about anything regarding the site.

Forgiveness. I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Thank you Nyapon for this lovely artwork. :3