Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Succubus Glitch  (Read 9297 times)

Kannon

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • s**t Just Got Real
    • View Profile
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Succubus Glitch
« on: July 25, 2008, 04:31:47 pm »
The Succubus Glitch is a glitch in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow that lets you get into inaccessible areas or break the sequence of the game by getting to some places before you should be able to, or get past sealed doors without the proper seals, and even get Julius mode powers as souls in Normal mode.

To do this glitch, you need one of the daggers with a back-stab special (a Cutall, or Cindequeia, I'll just refer to it as a Cutall) and the Succubus bullet-type soul both equipped.  First, you activate the Succubus soul, and  right after Soma does the hug, use the special on your Cutall you will still have the red aura from the Succubus soul, so do three quick normal stabs with the Cutall, and use the back-stab special again.  If done right, the red aura will dissappear while you're in the or behind the wall, and cancel out the rest of the attack, forcing you upwards if you're in the wall, and allowing you to reach some areas before you normally could get to them, allowing you to achieve a low game percentage.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLm-TQ5-zXs[/youtube]
this is a tutorial on how to do the Succubus Glitch

Using the Succubus Glitch in the first save room in The Abyss to go through the back wall, you will be forced out the wall, like normal.  But there's no room behind or above the save room, so you'll scroll upward continuously through the map.  Every time the screen flickers, perform a slide kick.  Soon enough, you'll stop scrolling and you can "run" back to the save room, ending up in the room just outside it, with all weapons, souls, Julius' whip, Alucards Sword, and several Julius mode sub weapon/spells as souls.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_JCG4fEXA&feature=related[/youtube]
This is the glitch described above.

Yuzihax

• cyberspace nobleman
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • yee
    • View Profile
Re: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Succubus Glitch
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 04:46:51 pm »
Funny, I've just taken a recent interest in Castlevania, and then I see this topic.

...now I've got to go switch on Aria of Sorrow, damn this submission XD
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 04:49:09 pm by Yuzihax »