Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Retirement from Total Administration  (Read 1195 times)

Yuzihax

• cyberspace nobleman
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • yee
    • View Profile
Retirement from Total Administration
« on: August 23, 2008, 11:59:32 am »
Yeah, check it.

This sudden decision was not, in any way, shape, or form, due to reasons regarding fighting, or being fed up with GCL.
I chose to revert to a Lieutenant Administrator position because really, the total administrator group had power I wasn't going to use. Ever.
I wasn't going to ever use my powers on the Main Site or anywhere else regarding it, making that extraneous power that I'd never need.
Alongside having that unneeded power, I didn't really...want it, in a way.
Total Site-Forum administration just wasn't my calling, I'm leaving the site administration to those who...know what they're doing =P.

So yeah, I'm giving up the Red Admin seat in favor of the more-suiting Lieutenant Administration, forum admin is more my forte, and that's all I really want to do.

Tweaker

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • The Sonic Tweaker
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
Re: Retirement from Total Administration
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 03:41:32 pm »
I don't understand this mentality.

If you're never going to use it, fair enough. But then just, uh, don't use it. No need to make dramatic topics announcing it.

Yuzihax

• cyberspace nobleman
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • yee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 04:15:34 pm »
I don't understand this mentality.

If you're never going to use it, fair enough. But then just, uh, don't use it. No need to make dramatic topics announcing it.

I'd rather prefer making a topic about it when I go to a lower status, otherwise I'd think it to be confusing to see someone as a full administrator at first glance then seeing the person in a lower rank the next.

EDIT: "Dramatic"? Hardly.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 04:17:54 pm by Yuzihax »

Abwayax

• Founder/Technical Support
  • Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 04:32:45 pm »
Well, it's kind of pointless in light of some plans I'm having. I think we have usergroup clutter, so I'm phasing out some of the groups that are kind of redundant. So, like it or not, you'll be back in your Red seat once the site upgrade is complete. Similarly, the glitch scientists are being merged with the global mods. It might give you power you're not going to use, but you already have power you're not using (I don't think you've ever backed up the database, for one)
A. Malacoda, http://monarch-pass.net

Also malacoda@social.monarch-pass.net and @malacoda:matrix.monarch-pass.net

Also adrianmalacoda or kuschelyagi in some places.

Yuzihax

• cyberspace nobleman
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • yee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 04:50:34 pm »
Well, it's kind of pointless in light of some plans I'm having. I think we have usergroup clutter, so I'm phasing out some of the groups that are kind of redundant. So, like it or not, you'll be back in your Red seat once the site upgrade is complete. Similarly, the glitch scientists are being merged with the global mods. It might give you power you're not going to use, but you already have power you're not using (I don't think you've ever backed up the database, for one)

Back in Red? f**k, I left a tack in that seat for the next guy =P
"Like it or not"? Bahahaha, this is the first time I've ever heard of someone being an admin whether they like it or not.

And while I've never backed up the database (whatever the blue hell it means to do that, =P) I do use the other general admin powers, y'know, the moderation stuff.