Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Pokémon cheat codes
Pokémon glitch terminology
Useful tools
More

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Treatment of new members  (Read 9942 times)

Lauryn the Arisen

• ポケットモンスターみどり研究員
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • "That is just offensive what they do." - Ellis
    • View Profile
    • The Rebirth Hellgar
Re: Treatment of new members
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 09:21:06 am »
It's like I said to the other admins, before. Some people aren't as old as I am, since I'm quite old, I know a little more on other things, yet I'm very impatient, I'm willing to help newbies. Not everyone can spell perfectly, some people are from other countries, and can't speak English properly.
R.I.P. Paul Gray - April 8, 1972 – May 24, 2010.
Poets of the Fall Addict.
I love you, to the moon and back, Nathan "Dallas" Steele <3

Abwayax

• Founder/Technical Support
  • Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 06:07:01 pm »
I am quite impatient with stupid people and I am usually quick to judge.  I hardly ever try to explain things to newbies because while I'm studying hard to hopefully get into MIT, my peers only care about their penis size and how much pot they've smoked.  I'm sorry if I have offended anyone who is trying to improve.
Making an honest mistake isn't "being stupid". I'm sure people at MIT make mistakes too.
A. Malacoda, http://monarch-pass.net

Also malacoda@social.monarch-pass.net and @malacoda:matrix.monarch-pass.net

Also adrianmalacoda or kuschelyagi in some places.

∀xaj

• is dead
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • reply me please
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 06:19:08 pm »
I am quite impatient with stupid people and I am usually quick to judge.  I hardly ever try to explain things to newbies because while I'm studying hard to hopefully get into MIT, my peers only care about their penis size and how much pot they've smoked.  I'm sorry if I have offended anyone who is trying to improve.
Making an honest mistake isn't "being stupid". I'm sure people at MIT make mistakes too.

I'm saying that I'm impatient with stupid people, not people who make mistakes.  However, I often have trouble distinguishing the two.

Hālian

• That worldbuilding/micronations/MTG guy
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • *happy space elf noises*
    • View Profile
    • Hoennese Realm
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 07:02:43 pm »
Just an aside: How do I get a list of "infractions" that raised my WOM?
Hoennese Realm

All sprites made by Naitekiakki, except:
Recolored Gardevoir made by me

IIMarckus

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
    • iimarck.us
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 08:36:07 pm »
Just an aside: How do I get a list of "infractions" that raised my WOM?
I’ve PMed you with a list.

Glisp

• The Protector of Darkness
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • The Dark Eternal Champion will pwn you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 04:57:31 pm »

I'm saying that I'm impatient with stupid people, not people who make mistakes.  However, I often have trouble distinguishing the two.

That's okay. I'm impatient with noobs too but I know if I show it then it is a sign of weakness and that I am not a nice person at all. Pretending to be nice goes a long way. You may secretly hate or dislike someone but if you pretend that you don't care about them being noobs, it helps your image because it means you're able to control yourself and tolerate noobness. As a result, people will start to like you better because you are showing that you are mature and have a mature way of handling a situation even if the people or object involved is someone or something you can't stand.
Bleah! *Splash and Splatter*

Lauryn the Arisen

• ポケットモンスターみどり研究員
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • The Rebirth Hellgar
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 11:21:43 pm »
It's what I can't stand some people, they are quick to judge, others. I mean, look at me I've been judged all my life, just because I'm very different. Everyone is different, doesn't mean they are a noob. Maybe some people are slow at typing or haven't used a keyboard before in their life. It'll be best to find a game, that helps you with your typing skills. I used to have an old game like that when I was 5. It helped me in some ways, but even now in my adult years, I still screw up because of my problem. So, basecly, don't be a total dick to them who are new, and may not be used to a keyboard. Give them a chance to try and improve, and not be so mean to them. If they are trying to improve, then fine be nice, not some total arsehole who thinks, that them who spell wrong, or something or are from another country, with little English, are noobs. Don't say anything unless you have something nice to say, about someone. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just saying, give people a chance, before you judge 'em. Never jduge a book by it's cover, as an old saying goes. So for once, if you're gonna be mean, just go outside or whatever, calm down and come back.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 11:23:02 pm by Mutou Yami »

Brocco Guy

• Βροκκω Γαι
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • d(^.^)b
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 01:52:35 pm »
It's what I can't stand some people, they are quick to judge, others. I mean, look at me I've been judged all my life, just because I'm very different. Everyone is different, doesn't mean they are a noob. Maybe some people are slow at typing or haven't used a keyboard before in their life. It'll be best to find a game, that helps you with your typing skills. I used to have an old game like that when I was 5. It helped me in some ways, but even now in my adult years, I still screw up because of my problem. So, basecly, don't be a total dick to them who are new, and may not be used to a keyboard. Give them a chance to try and improve, and not be so mean to them. If they are trying to improve, then fine be nice, not some total arsehole who thinks, that them who spell wrong, or something or are from another country, with little English, are noobs. Don't say anything unless you have something nice to say, about someone. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just saying, give people a chance, before you judge 'em. Never jduge a book by it's cover, as an old saying goes. So for once, if you're gonna be mean, just go outside or whatever, calm down and come back.

Why not just punch a pillow?

On a side note, what about Chic?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 01:52:51 pm by Brocco Guy »

Lauryn the Arisen

• ポケットモンスターみどり研究員
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • The Rebirth Hellgar
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2009, 11:46:25 pm »
Not everyone who signs up here, are Murph, so it would help if others wouldn't be such total dicks, to then newbies. It's nice to get new people around here, who are into glitches, and want to help or something.

Glisp

• The Protector of Darkness
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • The Dark Eternal Champion will pwn you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 02:48:08 pm »
I have no idea who Murph or Chic are but I haven't saw them in the banned users list so I'm assuming that they were never banned but have also never came back either. Which is the least I can say can say for this guy:
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?action=profile;u=456

I'm sorry but I just love making jokes about this guy due to his ridiculously long user name. Don't worry, it will eventually lose its humor to me. Until then make due with my ridiculous sense of humor and share some lulz with me.
Bleah! *Splash and Splatter*

Sasara

• Princess of schizophrenia *cat yawns*
  • Banned
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 04:16:39 pm »
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?action=profile;u=456

I'm sorry but I just love making jokes about this guy due to his ridiculously long user name. Don't worry, it will eventually lose its humor to me. Until then make due with my ridiculous sense of humor and share some lulz with me.
He's now a GCLF meme, isn't he?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 04:23:05 pm by Kyoukipichi »

Bassmasta

• May the FSM be with you
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • May the FSM be with you
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 05:08:01 pm »
I have no idea who Murph or Chic are but I haven't saw them in the banned users list so I'm assuming that they were never banned but have also never came back either.
Not sure about Chic, but Murph was banned for a while, then got unbanned.

Photon-Phoenix

• Gotta pop dem windows.
  • Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2009, 05:33:00 pm »
Nobody on this forum was ever named chic or even have the letter string chic besides Torchickens.

Brocco Guy

• Βροκκω Γαι
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • d(^.^)b
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 08:48:15 pm »
I am talking about ______ the Chic, but...

I have a feeling this'll become a spam board quickly.

Lauryn the Arisen

• ポケットモンスターみどり研究員
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • The Rebirth Hellgar
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2009, 01:52:12 am »
I've been here 3 years and I haven't see anyone with the name of Chic, other than young Torchickens, but no one with the name of Chic.