Celebi Egg trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg data corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitches
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
Glitch Pokémon cries
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site Source Code

Search Wiki

Poll

What religion do you believe in? Do not trash other people's beliefs.

Christianity
Judaism
Islam
Buddhism
Flying Spaghetti Monsterism
I'm an atheist.
I'm agnostic.
Other religion
Multiple Religions
Confucianism
Nihilism

Author Topic: Religion  (Read 13370 times)

ravioli

• 🤔
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • ur a big guy
    • View Profile
    • 42chan
Re: Religion
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2017, 08:28:41 am »
I'm going to be assertive though in saying I disagree however with some parts of the Bible, in particular the views the homosexuality is immoral (the Bible says they will not "inherit the kingdom of God"), as well as (actual quote) "A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this." and this one is obscure but there is also a verse along the lines that women should be submissive as Eve ate the fruit! In my view that is just sexism disguised as an archetype. Sadly I can no longer find the last one.
Except this isn't necessarily true. Christianity in general is commonly associated with the same rules of Catholicism where every rule and statement in the bible is followed and acknowledged. However, this is not the case. There are different sects of Christianity. Christ acknowledged that the Old Testament was pharisee law bullshit for the most part. “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.” (Matthew 5:17–18) The Old Testament was fulfilled by Christ, so the concept of Christianity is to love Christ, and to accept he is your Lord and Savior.

This is at least the Protestant view of this, as I cannot fully explain something from which I don't understand, (other christian sects).

tldr; the old testament is not neccesary to follow and was called out as bullshit by christ
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 08:30:03 am by ravioli »

Princess Torchic ❤

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • ⛄🦋
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2017, 11:50:52 am »
I see. Yeah, there are different sects/ways to interpret it. :)

I feel we live in a more accepting society nowadays that isn't as strict regarding ways of life. For what it's worth this dilemma is known as apostasy (also in a negative sense referred to as "falling away"), which means some of the Bible's original laws/principles are abandoned.
Hi! I identify as female.  She/her pronouns, please.

Online I most often use the username Torchickens or Chickasaurus.

Ah.. koucha ga oishii ♪

Thank you Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

If you like, please contact me by private message here on the forums as I no longer check other places very often.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChickasaurusGL

I like to collect interesting video games. ^_^
https://www.vgcollect.com/Torchickens

Always be yourself.

ravioli

• 🤔
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • ur a big guy
    • View Profile
    • 42chan
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2017, 05:26:59 pm »
I see. Yeah, there are different sects/ways to interpret it. :)

I feel we live in a more accepting society nowadays that isn't as strict regarding ways of life. For what it's worth this dilemma is known as apostasy (also in a negative sense referred to as "falling away"), which means some of the Bible's original laws/principles are abandoned.

Because people interpret the Bible differently with it's translations. It's not interpretations, which is contrary to popular belief. Different denominations have different translations of the book. I'd say KJV is the best, but in KJV's translation it says that Peter is not the first Pope.

Protestants believe that the KJV, (their translation), proves that which we are not to 100% follow the old testament. Sola fide, sola scriptura.

Princess Torchic ❤

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • ⛄🦋
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2017, 06:55:39 am »
I see, that's interesting. I was personally already aware of there being different translations but at the same time I still feel interpretations (in addition to the translations having differences, and feel interpretation plays a big role in translation but not sure to what extent here) may be important, like how not only they could appear in translation but there are also many parables in the Bible and we've got to try and understand the message.

Sorry, I should have clarified 'ways to interpret it' to include the translations.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 07:26:37 am by Torchickens »
Hi! I identify as female.  She/her pronouns, please.

Online I most often use the username Torchickens or Chickasaurus.

Ah.. koucha ga oishii ♪

Thank you Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

If you like, please contact me by private message here on the forums as I no longer check other places very often.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChickasaurusGL

I like to collect interesting video games. ^_^
https://www.vgcollect.com/Torchickens

Always be yourself.

Pokedude

• Josh Indigo!
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Video Games can bring people together!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2018, 10:58:34 am »
Ok well I'm a christian and the reason it would be logical in my eyes that God exist and is the one and only true God is because one he is the only God that loves everyone otherwise if any other god existed but hated some people than wouldn't we all be dead? Also if you need physical proof there is the relics that would prove the events in the Bible. I don't know a while lot about different religions but God just seems so real to me. I've read about different ancient beliefs like Zeus and stuff but they are just so weird to me like if their "gods" and immortal than why wouldn't they just blast the people they don't like out of existence? Also why can they be wounded and than just run away from a battle when they are supposed to be immortal? I like logic and they are not logical. Also people think well why doesn't God just get rid of sin forever and the reason as I see it is that God doesn't want to do that because that would be like forcing us to do good and we wouldn't have a choice and he wants us to choose the right way for ourselves so that we can probe that we are capable of making the right choices in life. Its sad that this country was founded on the ways of God and now look at us, I mean we're legalizing Marijuana something that can hurt you and your life! I think that if Trump really wants to make America great again than he should stop being racist and bring back the laws that were supposed to keep people safe from their own sins. Everybody is a child of God and God loves everyone in the while world as we are all his children and he is our father. He loves everyone even the people who have commited great sins for he loves them but he does not love their sins just like a father loves his son even though his son got into does trouble. All you would ever need to do is to repent to God for your sins and stop doing that sin and he will forgive you no matter how bad it is. I would recommend getting all the details out of a Bible than just going on what I've said because there is much more to it and nobody is perfect Christian or Not. If you have read through this while post than I thank you and may you have learned that God loves you.
Video games can bring people together or keep them from society. Your choice but trust me, it's better to hang with other people who share your values and interests then to become an introvert. Never let a game with fake prophecy fake killing, and fake weapons become more than a game of pretend. Never let them influence your real life actions. Real killing is wrong but a video game is just that of you keep it that way.

Epsilon

• Zeta
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • The default personal text makes no sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2018, 01:25:28 pm »
Personally, I'm an atheist. I never bought into the idea of a higher power.
"What's a stack? Can you eat that?"

"Sure, just POP it into your mouth!" (someoneplskillme)

Clash Royale profile: #LYQC9LLV. Join our clan because we're lonely.

Does anybody really know what time it is?

Does anybody really care?
- Chicago

Parzival

• Buyer beware: House comes with 3 free skeletons in a closet of your choice.
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • This box intentionally left blank. ...wait...
    • View Profile
    • (null)
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2018, 10:15:42 pm »
Ok well I'm a christian and the reason it would be logical in my eyes that God exist and is the one and only true God is because one he is the only God that loves everyone otherwise if any other god existed but hated some people than wouldn't we all be dead? Also if you need physical proof there is the relics that would prove the events in the Bible. I don't know a while lot about different religions but God just seems so real to me. I've read about different ancient beliefs like Zeus and stuff but they are just so weird to me like if their "gods" and immortal than why wouldn't they just blast the people they don't like out of existence? Also why can they be wounded and than just run away from a battle when they are supposed to be immortal? I like logic and they are not logical. Also people think well why doesn't God just get rid of sin forever and the reason as I see it is that God doesn't want to do that because that would be like forcing us to do good and we wouldn't have a choice and he wants us to choose the right way for ourselves so that we can probe that we are capable of making the right choices in life. Its sad that this country was founded on the ways of God and now look at us, I mean we're legalizing Marijuana something that can hurt you and your life! I think that if Trump really wants to make America great again than he should stop being racist and bring back the laws that were supposed to keep people safe from their own sins. Everybody is a child of God and God loves everyone in the while world as we are all his children and he is our father. He loves everyone even the people who have commited great sins for he loves them but he does not love their sins just like a father loves his son even though his son got into does trouble. All you would ever need to do is to repent to God for your sins and stop doing that sin and he will forgive you no matter how bad it is. I would recommend getting all the details out of a Bible than just going on what I've said because there is much more to it and nobody is perfect Christian or Not. If you have read through this while post than I thank you and may you have learned that God loves you.
How many people have directly died because of weed? 0, according to NBC. And if God doesn't want to harm anyone, why not just make those that sin not exist, or do the sams to non-believers? Oh, and the Greek wounded-god things: The gods were woundable because those that harmed them were harnessing one or another god's powers to do so, or there was a flaw in a minor god (Achilles being the most common example). I know you recommend reading the Bible to get the full Christian picture, but if you're reading the King James Version, the New International Version and a variety of others, you're reading a copy of the Bible that has been tampered with for the purpose of pushing a personal agenda of a dead King (King James, funnily enough) on his subjects.

Cheers, man.
Ask me about betrayal.
Ask me about depression.
Ask me about death.
Ask me about destruction.
Ask me about hardship.
I've been through s**t.
If you need to talk to someone, my PM inbox is always open.

ALERT: THE CRA TO TAKE BACK NET NEUTRALITY IS CURRENTLY IN CONGRESS!!! CLICK THE BANNER BELOW TO JOIN THE FIGHT!

Pokedude

• Josh Indigo!
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2018, 03:28:43 pm »
I wasn't talking about death by weed but losing your God given mind when you smoke it.
Video games can bring people together or keep them from society. Your choice but trust me, it's better to hang with other people who share your values and interests then to become an introvert. Never let a game with fake prophecy fake killing, and fake weapons become more than a game of pretend. Never let them influence your real life actions. Real killing is wrong but a video game is just that of you keep it that way.

Pokedude

• Josh Indigo!
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2018, 03:34:32 pm »
Also sorry if it sounds like I'm putting other religion down but I'm not trying to be rude it is just how I see it.  If your looking for the real Bible then you could technically just learn whatever language the original is in and read it like that but I feel the NIV gets the idea through.

Bert

• Your Real Dad
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Contributing nothing since 2012.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2018, 04:30:13 pm »
Atheist here.

I wasn't talking about death by weed but losing your God given mind when you smoke it.

I liked Reefer Madness too, but weed doesn't make you "lose your mind." You may, however, become a menace to a bag of Cheetos and have the strange desire to listen to the band Phish.

On second thought...

Parzival

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • (null)
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2018, 06:40:54 pm »
goddammit Bert why you gotta brighten up my day like this
Ask me about betrayal.
Ask me about depression.
Ask me about death.
Ask me about hardship.
I've been through s**t.

ALERT: THE CRA TO TAKE BACK NET NEUTRALITY IS CURRENTLY IN CONGRESS!!! CLICK THE BANNER BELOW TO JOIN THE FIGHT!

IIMarckus

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
    • iimarck.us
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2018, 10:38:51 pm »
Because people interpret the Bible differently with it's translations. It's not interpretations, which is contrary to popular belief. Different denominations have different translations of the book. I'd say KJV is the best, but in KJV's translation it says that Peter is not the first Pope.

Protestants believe that the KJV, (their translation), proves that which we are not to 100% follow the old testament. Sola fide, sola scriptura.
This is, uh, not very accurate. Yes, there are different translations of the Bible (that differ both in interpretation and in what source texts are considered canonical), but these do not generally align to denomination. There is a Catholic Bible, but its primary distinction is in which source texts it considers authoritative, not (primarily at least) how it’s translated. That Bible doesn’t say Peter is the first pope either—it’s all in how they interpret Jesus’s “on this rock” statement, which exists in the KJV also.

Catholics hold to the Old Testament roughly to the extent that Protestants do: which is to say, somewhat inconsistently, but they don’t throw it out completely. (Can you think of a Protestant who doesn’t practically venerate the Ten Commandments?)

It is true that Catholics do not believe in sola scriptura, which is a significant difference. I would be careful about attributing things to Protestants as a whole, though, as there is a huge variety in practice and thought.

Parzival

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • (null)
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2018, 06:36:14 am »

This is, uh, not very accurate. Yes, there are different translations of the Bible (that differ both in interpretation and in what source texts are considered canonical), but these do not generally align to denomination. There is a Catholic Bible, but its primary distinction is in which source texts it considers authoritative, not (primarily at least) how it’s translated. That Bible doesn’t say Peter is the first pope either—it’s all in how they interpret Jesus’s “on this rock” statement, which exists in the KJV also.

Catholics hold to the Old Testament roughly to the extent that Protestants do: which is to say, somewhat inconsistently, but they don’t throw it out completely. (Can you think of a Protestant who doesn’t practically venerate the Ten Commandments?)

It is true that Catholics do not believe in sola scriptura, which is a significant difference. I would be careful about attributing things to Protestants as a whole, though, as there is a huge variety in practice and thought.
neither of you are gonna bring up why the KJV exists in the first place?
Ask me about betrayal.
Ask me about depression.
Ask me about death.
Ask me about hardship.
I've been through s**t.

IIMarckus

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
    • iimarck.us
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2018, 06:28:32 pm »

What, that King James had an agenda? Of course he did.

Sasara

• Princess of string theory
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2018, 07:48:45 pm »
Atheism implies white noise empiricism. Technically, Charles Darwin was correct, but if quantum suicide is true, then evolution happened along a line of NP noise rather than true randomness.

Black people and especially Asian people usually notice that the Universe organizes itself to keep itself consistent.

Also, Mohammad was an anarchist(?)

What, that King James had an agenda? Of course he did.

all I know is that the English language gobbles up every single other language in existence
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 08:19:06 pm by Sasara »