UnownDex
More

Major Glitches
Trainer escape glitch
Old man glitch
Celebi Egg glitch
SRAM glitch
Buffer overflow techniques
Pomeg glitch data corruption (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Pokémon cloning
Select glitches (Japan)
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Recurring glitches
More

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
Pokémon Game Genie codes
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Error traps
Non-glitch exploits
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information
More

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site Source Code

Search Wiki

Poll

What religion do you believe in? Do not trash other people's beliefs.

Christianity
Judaism
Islam
Buddhism
Flying Spaghetti Monsterism
I'm an atheist.
I'm agnostic.
Other religion
Multiple Religions
Confucianism
Nihilism

Author Topic: Religion  (Read 15245 times)

Evie Torchic the Glitch Scientist

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Thank you for this lovely artwork Nyapon!
    • View Profile
Re: Religion
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2018, 07:41:22 am »
Atheism implies white noise empiricism. Technically, Charles Darwin was correct, but if quantum suicide is true, then evolution happened along a line of NP noise rather than true randomness.

That sounds interesting. What does NP in NP noise stand for?

I think reconsidering things I'm not agnostic-theist. I have gnosis because there are ideas I believe in, like there is a personal God (however I think God is both personal and impersonal, not sure how to express...), but also just personal life strategies, like if you're feeling stressed take it slow. Prayer regarding trouble seems to work for me even if a lot of it is the placebo effect.

Additionally as absurd as it sounds I believe 'synchronicities' can occur when the universe wants to communicate with you. They seemed to happen a lot during my depression (such as I would find just the right people to address my problems or it would be addressed by chance in the media) but at the same time it's very easy for us to develop a cognitive bias that way, and they have since gone. So you have to be very careful not to become too superstitious, and not lose your sense of critical thinking.

I also don't believe in following a religion or new age movement word for word, because personal issues are complex and there can be many ways to find wellness. I used to get healing crystals for example but I don't buy them anymore. Though I like a lot of what the religions or NAMs say about philosophies of life, I just don't take them too seriously anymore because we are born without a guidebook for life, and it's tricky sometimes as our own sense of how to live doesn't always work (for example transition from childhood into adulthood), yet I feel you've got to find something you truly believe based on what you have found rather than accepting everything.

It's interesting how evolution exists. Something less complex like microbes evolve to have 'intelligent design', including things such as a digestive system, reproductive system and so on. On the other hand, other species can manipulate this to get the features they want through selective breeding.

I'm tempted to believe there may be a meaning of life, it could be both to strengthen the spirit and enjoy it, or it could be somebody's experiment, or it could be to create your own meaning. However there may not be a meaning of life after all.

Additionally why do some animals eat other animals and develop sharp teeth? It could be argued as 'survival of the fittest' and as a means of getting more nutrients but it seems cruel. For similar reasons in Christianity it says don't love the world, I take it to mean love should not be a reaction but come from within. Sometimes you can choose to love something, not just feel it. For example in managing pain you can try to withstand it while keeping faith in the greater good.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 07:43:13 am by Princess Torchic ❤ »
Hi!

I'm Evie.

I'm a transgender person, but any pronouns are fine. She/her preferred.

Unfortunately due to legal concerns I won't be using emulators and unauthorised copies of ROMs anymore, just real hardware with official cartridges and a cheating device (Xploder) to aid research, sorry.

Online I most often use the username Torchickens or Chickasaurus.

Ah.. koucha ga oishii ♪

Thanks Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

If you like, please contact me by private message here on the forums as I no longer check other places very often.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChickasaurusGL

I like to collect interesting video games. ^_^
https://www.vgcollect.com/Torchickens

Faith (which doesn't have to be religious) and a positive attitude/optimism is half the battle for well-being.

Fun times come and go, we may argue what is the point if nothing in this world is permanent; and all energy is believed to be subject to transformation. I guess in the temporary absence of it though, we value those times more and even though some things seem to be lost, they return in other forms.

Sasara

• Princess of schizophrenia *cat yawns*
  • Banned
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2018, 01:34:54 am »
Atheism implies white noise empiricism. Technically, Charles Darwin was correct, but if quantum suicide is true, then evolution happened along a line of NP noise rather than true randomness.

That sounds interesting. What does NP in NP noise stand for?

Nondeterministic polynomial, as in nondeterministic polynomial algorithms that execute in polynomial time by taking all branches simultaneously on a nondeterministic Turing machine. NP calculations decide what result the wavefunction will take.

When I was at college in Denver, a meth dealer left some graffiti on some raised concrete underneath a bridge that said, paraphrased, "P is only logic that describes how to get from point A to point B. NP is thoughts, feelings, and emotions as we branch all over future timelines." I think they implied that animals and other things were included too, or I was feeling slightly elated otherwise. Then for a while after that, every time I walked back to the dorms, there was a long line of moving train cars to block my way. I'm pretty sure the security cameras noticed I was the train girl. :D

The logic of quantum suicide is based on the Schrödinger's cat thought experiment. I like to say we live in the NP universe rather than the white noise universe. I think my favorite example of witnessing quantum mechanics (although I've witnessed it over 9000 times, AI bahahahahaha) is seeing waves in a bog affected by my behaviors -- even my thoughts. There was a sin wave-shaped crack or carving in the log leaning across the bog onto the tree in the center that I was sitting on.

By the way, um. Grandfa ther clocks teach quantum suicide. Belief in the NP universe ended with neoclassicism in the mid-18th century -- I guess that began because of marine chronometers? Before that the world was in sync with pendulum clocks. Pi-rates.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 01:53:32 am by Sasara »

Evie Torchic the Glitch Scientist

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Thank you for this lovely artwork Nyapon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2018, 09:21:42 am »
Interesting.

I've heard of Schrödinger's cat, also the double-slit experiment. I remember at school we learned that before observation is made the cat could be argued to be both dead and alive at the same time.

It's fascinating to think the many worlds interpretation of quantum physics could be true. I like the idea of quantum computers as well which can have bits considered both on and off at the same time.
Hi!

I'm Evie.

I'm a transgender person, but any pronouns are fine. She/her preferred.

Unfortunately due to legal concerns I won't be using emulators and unauthorised copies of ROMs anymore, just real hardware with official cartridges and a cheating device (Xploder) to aid research, sorry.

Online I most often use the username Torchickens or Chickasaurus.

Ah.. koucha ga oishii ♪

Thanks Aeriixion for the cute sprite above! :) Roelof also made different variations of the sprite (which I animated).

If you like, please contact me by private message here on the forums as I no longer check other places very often.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChickasaurusGL

I like to collect interesting video games. ^_^
https://www.vgcollect.com/Torchickens

Faith (which doesn't have to be religious) and a positive attitude/optimism is half the battle for well-being.

Fun times come and go, we may argue what is the point if nothing in this world is permanent; and all energy is believed to be subject to transformation. I guess in the temporary absence of it though, we value those times more and even though some things seem to be lost, they return in other forms.

Pokedude

• Josh Indigo!
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Video Games can bring people together!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2018, 07:27:42 pm »
You know? Look at all these complicated terms and the complex way the universe is. I'm right in saying atheist believe in a "Big Bang" right? Well I am right then that leaves you to wonder a few points.
1. How did a random giant super nova accidentally make the world perfect. Perfect not in good or bad I mean. I mean the way things work and the complexity of creation it self. How did a random point in space just accidentally make all the things that work in such a specific way.
2. If there was a super nova that created most of the universe such as life on Earth, what created the supernova? What created what ever already existed before the super nova? I just find it as a incomplete excuse to diss God.

Also just as proof of the existence of God and Jesus you have an incredible amount of evidence. One is the fact that many religions believe in the worldwide flood though their versions are twisted. Something that the bible believes in as well. Also you have a big amount of facts pointing to what Jesus did. Relics and artifacts that prove his existence are everywhere. You can even estimate the age of the Earth because of trees that began their growth after the flood. It's not the crazy numbers scientists believe. It's all just Satan trying to pull us away from God. Making up thousand of twisted version of the truth. Ever wonder why a lot of other religions have similarities to the Gospel? Well that's why. And just because someone's a Christian doesn't mean they have to only do boring media and  stuff. I'm a Christian obviously and guess what? I'm not perfect either! I watch Markiplier who swears a lot. I like horrors a bit. I have watched  good bunch of movies with gore or swearing. But I still love God. That doesn't make those things right either though. I'm just trying to say that just because someones a Christian or you were thinking about being a Christian doesn't mean you have to be perfect. And if you're scared that God doesn't love you cause of something you've done, don't worry. He'll forgive you if you mean it and repent.
If you've read this thank you. Please think this over for yourself.
Video games can bring people together or keep them from society. Your choice but trust me, it's better to hang with other people who share your values and interests then to become an introvert. Never let a game with fake prophecy fake killing, and fake weapons become more than a game of pretend. Never let them influence your real life actions. Real killing is wrong but a video game is just that if you keep it that way.
Keep Calm and Game On!

~ JoshIndigo 2018

ISSOtm

• The French Lord of Laziness (and a huge The Legend Of Zelda fan)
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Pewter City (B)rocks !
    • View Profile
    • My Little Website
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2018, 08:41:31 am »
There's another theory that makes more sense, at least imo: the universe has always existed, and always will; at some point, it starts collapsing on itself due to gravity, and when it's as condensed as it can (there's a hard limit to matter density), then it bounces back, and starts anew.

The universe exists because it can, and there has never been any creation -- it has always existed, and always will.
Infinity's a pretty cool concept :D

Also, there's no proof that God exists, and no proof that it exists either. Same with Jesus etc. Thus, it's to each to choose whether to believe or not, but there's no hard truth. It can be debated whether this or that is proof or not, but what it unacceptable is people forcing others to follow their beliefs just "because they're right". Or anything like that.
"THOU SHALL NOT PASS !!"  RIVAL's effect, Gandalf.

Proudly glitching Pokémon Red and Yellow on a Black & White GB, Pocket GB, GB Color, GBA SP and new 3DS.

My Twitter (beware, I'm French)
My YouTube (same warning)

Here is an online tool to build 8F setups : GBz80 to Items !

They see me layzin', they ha-tin'...
Heavy contributor of the global augmentation of entropy (my room's is too damn high !)

IIMarckus

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
    • iimarck.us
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2018, 10:04:14 am »
Also, there's no proof that God exists, and no proof that it exists either. Same with Jesus etc.
There’s actually a lot of proof that Jesus exists, enough that his historicity is the mainstream academic view. Though unsurprisingly most non‐Christian academics don’t believe he was a divine miracle worker or the son of God.

Zowayix

• Loose cannon mod who lives on the edge and doesn't play by the rules
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Cool story m8
    • View Profile
    • Github and whatnot
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2018, 12:29:50 am »
What does it mean to say "Jesus existed" though?

If there's some guy whose name was Jesus and was a carpenter with long hair or whatever, but he didn't have divine powers, then he's not really the same Jesus that people were talking about.

The Jesus that had divine powers is what's up for debate here.

I need a new siggy, because this siggy is shitty... shittiggy... shiggy.... something.