Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Pokémon cheat codes
Pokémon glitch terminology
Useful tools
More

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Wiki 'Project Phoenix' Grammar  (Read 1259 times)

Brocco Guy

• Βροκκω Γαι
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • d(^.^)b
    • View Profile
Wiki 'Project Phoenix' Grammar
« on: May 02, 2009, 12:44:51 pm »
So, as some of you know, I love good grammar. I understand that this is a dialogue, so I try not to make it look too proper, but in writing, I think it is a must.

I have been going through the pages in the GCLWiki and have been editing some very blatant errors (i.e. you instead of your). I am very frustrated, however, since I have to wait until somebody has to read it and okay it.

So that got me to thinking. Upper-members can edit the Wiki without any sort of wait period, so what if there was some sort of 'Phoenix' class or something that showed that you were an active and legitimate participant in the Wiki transition?

If it sounds stupid, well...

Photon-Phoenix

• Gotta pop dem windows.
  • Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki 'Project Phoenix' Grammar
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 12:58:00 pm »
There's already a member group that is auto-approved.  And as for the grammar thing, all I did was port pages verbatim off the main site correct a few things here and there then adding pictures.

Would you like to be added to the auto approved group?

∀xaj

• is dead
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • reply me please
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 01:01:00 pm »
I'd like to be added to the auto approved group.  I would like to help with the wiki as much as possible, but having to wait for someone to approve it is very annoying, especially when it's a minor edit.  But my WOM will probably have to go down first...

Brocco Guy

• Βροκκω Γαι
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • d(^.^)b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 01:37:00 pm »
Yes, I would like to be added, thank you!

Abwayax

• Founder/Technical Support
  • Distinguished Member
  • Online Online
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 02:22:28 pm »
Jesus Christ, everyone. Phoenix is technically not open to the public yet. There are things to sort out regarding code and layout. Grammar corrections can wait.
A. Malacoda, http://monarch-pass.net

Also malacoda@social.monarch-pass.net and @malacoda:matrix.monarch-pass.net

Also adrianmalacoda or kuschelyagi in some places.

Glisp

• The Protector of Darkness
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • The Dark Eternal Champion will pwn you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 01:55:13 pm »
I have been going through the pages in the GCLWiki and have been editing some very blatant errors (i.e. you instead of your). I am very frustrated, however, since I have to wait until somebody has to read it and okay it.

So that got me to thinking. Upper-members can edit the Wiki without any sort of wait period, so what if there was some sort of 'Phoenix' class or something that showed that you were an active and legitimate participant in the Wiki transition?

I think I'm one of those members responsible for that. I know I'm the guy who compares old and new revisions of articles  and checks to see if the new revision surpasses the other one in quality. If the new revision is good quality then it gets approved.

Did I get that correct Abwayax or am I off some? Oh and Abwayax, sorry for putting that into my custom title. It got everyone all fired up to edit the wiki too early. Well at least some of the Article addition will get done faster which means that the date the Wiki opens to the public will be sooner. (Provided of course everything goes smooth on your side, Abwayax with the code of course.)
Bleah! *Splash and Splatter*

Photon-Phoenix

• Gotta pop dem windows.
  • Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 02:19:37 pm »

Well at least some of the Article addition will get done faster which means that the date the Wiki opens to the public will be sooner.

Didn't I add all the articals from the site that can be ported without using some weird format porter/php? :P

Glisp

• The Protector of Darkness
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • The Dark Eternal Champion will pwn you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 04:25:49 pm »
Oh? Well then I guess, ummmm..... blah!  :-\
Bleah! *Splash and Splatter*