• Loose cannon mod who lives on the edge and doesn't play by the rules
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Cool story m8
    • View Profile
    • Github and whatnot
Re: HM's
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 04:18:40 am »
Well, since my idea of not having HMs was rejected, I bring forward the following suggestions in order of preference:

1. HMs can be used simply by having them in your bag, like in Mystery Dungeon.
2. You can keep 2 extra Pokemon in your party which you can only use for HMs and other field moves, but not battling.
3. At the start of the game, the professor gives you 2 Pokemon which have crappy base stats (to prevent them from being useful for anything else) that can between the two of them learn all the HMs.
4. 2 Pokemon that can learn all the HMs between them, or whose evolutions can learn all the HMs between them, are available near to the start of the game.
For 4, I believe in D/P it is like that.
Bidoof/starly.
Starly can only learn Defog and Fly, though, so for that to work Bidoof would have to learn 6 moves at once. Which it can't. The combinations I was thinking of were more along the lines of Tropius/Marill or Bibarel/Togetic.
Then again, it's a fangame, so why not change around the learnset of some Pokemon to suit our own evil purposes?
EDIT: I theorymon'd a bit, and Tropius wouldn't be that broken early on, so that's one half of a possible combination done (Fly/Cut/Strength/Rock Smash)
FURTHER EDIT: Nothing learns both Dive and Rock Climb except Smeargle which doesn't count... maybe we should change one of those?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 04:25:58 am by Zowayix »

I need a new siggy, because this siggy is shitty... shittiggy... shiggy.... something.

Fivex

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 04:58:51 am »
Well, since my idea of not having HMs was rejected, I bring forward the following suggestions in order of preference:

2. You can keep 2 extra Pokemon in your party which you can only use for HMs and other field moves, but not battling.
3. At the start of the game, the professor gives you 2 Pokemon which have crappy base stats (to prevent them from being useful for anything else) that can between the two of them learn all the HMs.
4. 2 Pokemon that can learn all the HMs between them, or whose evolutions can learn all the HMs between them, are available near to the start of the game.
Bidoof/starly.
Starly can only learn Defog and Fly, though, so for that to work Bidoof would have to learn 6 moves at once.

Zowayix

• Loose cannon mod who lives on the edge and doesn't play by the rules
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Cool story m8
    • View Profile
    • Github and whatnot
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 05:14:40 am »

Bidoof/starly.
Starly can only learn Defog and Fly, though, so for that to work Bidoof would have to learn 6 moves at once.
Staraptor can't learn any HMs other than Defog or Fly either.
EDIT: Disregard the further edit of my earlier post: Bibarel learns Dive via move tutor, and since it's a HM in this game it should be able to learn it that way. So Tropius+Bibarel works.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:16:35 am by Zowayix »

I need a new siggy, because this siggy is shitty... shittiggy... shiggy.... something.