Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Pokémon cheat codes
Pokémon glitch terminology
Useful tools
More

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Pokemon Yellow "Save Abuse" Glitch  (Read 67388 times)

Hālian

• That worldbuilding/micronations/MTG guy
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • *happy space elf noises*
    • View Profile
    • Hoennese Realm
Re: Pokemon Yellow "Save Abuse" Glitch
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2013, 10:13:54 am »
File a police report.
Hoennese Realm

All sprites made by Naitekiakki, except:
Recolored Gardevoir made by me

MrGlitch

• I am that damn fourth Chaos Emerald
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Aerrordactyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2013, 07:39:17 pm »
Already have, this was a few weeks ago. Nothing so far.  And yes, I've been keeping an eye on Craigslist.

krynxe

• Apparantly fairy
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • lurking since '06 \o/
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2013, 09:58:25 pm »
Maybe he has good taste and decided to keep the yellow cartridge

unless you were referring to the less valuable stuff~  ;)

MrGlitch

• I am that damn fourth Chaos Emerald
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Aerrordactyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2013, 10:15:30 pm »
Maybe he has good taste and decided to keep the yellow cartridge

Meh, it was in pretty terrible shape.  It was in a yellow/blue "Pokemon edition" GBC, which is probably much less common than a Yellow cart.

Hālian

• That worldbuilding/micronations/MTG guy
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • *happy space elf noises*
    • View Profile
    • Hoennese Realm
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2013, 10:24:39 am »
And is probably a bootleg.
Hoennese Realm

All sprites made by Naitekiakki, except:
Recolored Gardevoir made by me

Bert

• Local Shitposter
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Enemy FERALIGATR can't receive the gift!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2013, 03:10:40 pm »
I dun fucked up my game something fierce.

The game is making it's own map. Nothing is the same. There's a random grass field in the middle of Pallet Town. The road leading up to Mt. Moon has become a giant canyon, and the path to Victory Road's gate is blocked by trees.

I have no idea how to get around these obstacles, and the game treats parts of these areas as out-of-bounds spots if you go too far. It's actually kind of neat.

Milps

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • What happens if I use this? Unknown opcode again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2014, 08:43:19 pm »
Try doing the same glitch but throw away a different amount of items. great fun if you throw away 15  :)
Also 27 will get you to the name raters house, apparently my first Q has a truly impeccable name XD
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:48:38 pm by Milps »

Calhaora

• Error trap
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • I. 599 5 ▓▓ ERR▓OR.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2014, 05:58:03 pm »
Thanks Prof. I will totally try that xD

Bert

• Local Shitposter
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2014, 02:50:40 pm »
Welp, I've glitched my Yellow version past the point of no return.

Not only can I not go past Lavender Town due to the maps being permanently changed (the road from Rock Tunnel to Cerulean City is blocked off my a mountain wall that's suddenly appeared, and the route from Lavender leading to Saffron City is just water after a point), but I can't even fly to another city to try and escape that grand clusterfuck I've created.

When I use Fly (because I suddenly have the Badge that lets me use it) and choose a city or town to go to, the overworld color changes to a turqoise-like shade, and when I arrive at the new destination, I am unable to move or use the start menu.

I was able to get the "Your Safari game is over!" message and be warped to the gate, which was my last resort since I could go into the Safari Zone, leave, and (hopefully) return to Saffron City like normal. But NOPE! I have no money, and leaving the gate as is takes me to a Glitch City that disables the walk through walls glitch VaeporSage mentioned.

Sorry, my lovable 4. . who served as the inspiration for Glitchy, but it looks like our adventure ends here. We had some good times, at least.

Stilgar

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • CHARIZRAD 'M ROXORX or is it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2014, 05:54:45 am »

Not only can I not go past Lavender Town due to the maps being permanently changed (the road from Rock Tunnel to Cerulean City is blocked off my a mountain wall that's suddenly appeared, and the route from Lavender leading to Saffron City is just water after a point), but I can't even fly to another city to try and escape that grand clusterfuck I've created.

When I use Fly (because I suddenly have the Badge that lets me use it) and choose a city or town to go to, the overworld color changes to a turqoise-like shade, and when I arrive at the new destination, I am unable to move or use the start menu.

I was able to get the "Your Safari game is over!" message and be warped to the gate, which was my last resort since I could go into the Safari Zone, leave, and (hopefully) return to Saffron City like normal. But NOPE! I have no money, and leaving the gate as is takes me to a Glitch City that disables the walk through walls glitch VaeporSage mentioned.

Sorry, my lovable 4. . who served as the inspiration for Glitchy, but it looks like our adventure ends here. We had some good times, at least.

These descriptions sound very interesting, may I ask if you have a chance to record them?
"The pendulum stops. Every mouth chews the silence."

Bert

• Local Shitposter
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2014, 06:26:01 pm »
These descriptions sound very interesting, may I ask if you have a chance to record them?

Unfortunately I'm stuck with dialup, so uploading videos is out of the question until I grow enough patience to deal with YouTube's s**t.

I do, however, have some photos!

I also found something interesting: If you get the "Your Safari game is over!" message, use VaeporSage's walk through walls quirk to get around the admission's guy and save. Reset the game and walk towards the exit to Saffron City. Depending where you are, you can walk out a door and undo the map corruption, but at the cost of Fly possibly bringing up a Glitch Trainer.

The Glitch Trainer will send out an A (or Q), and you will not be able to do anything. For some reason, you will not send out a Glitchmon of your own, so the FIGHT option is useless. You can, however, throw a Poké Ball/Great Ball/Any Ball, really, at A. The Glitch Trainer will block it and the battle will end.

This, on the other hand, slows you down and disables text boxes. Also, if you have a poisoned Glitchmon with you (which is 101% likely), the music will add a new layer on itself, creating something of a musical round. It's actually pretty cool if you're in Celadon City.

Bert

• Local Shitposter
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2014, 02:44:34 pm »
So battling anybody is a very fucking bad idea.

Although my 4. . kills the opponent's first Pokémon to death 8 times before it dies dead, their next Pokémon is level 0 with an unbelievably outrageous amount of HP. If you're feeling brave and decide to wait out that waste of time, their next Pokémon is also level 0 with infinity +1 HP.

I've never bothered to try and defeat any of these Trainers since I don't have the patience for it, so I don't know what happens when you win.

Also, if the Trainer only has one Pokémon, it behaves like normal but when you defeat it, they send out a 3TrainerPoké (at level 64 for me) who proceeds to destroy and kill everything you love while it laughs at your puny attacks, and your brevity in trying to faint it. I defeated one of these assholes once and the game locked up when the battle ended.

luckytyphlosion

• Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
  • JACK-flys are OP
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2014, 05:01:12 pm »
So battling anybody is a very fucking bad idea.

Although my 4. . kills the opponent's first Pokémon to death 8 times before it dies dead, their next Pokémon is level 0 with an unbelievably outrageous amount of HP. If you're feeling brave and decide to wait out that waste of time, their next Pokémon is also level 0 with infinity +1 HP.

I've never bothered to try and defeat any of these Trainers since I don't have the patience for it, so I don't know what happens when you win.

Also, if the Trainer only has one Pokémon, it behaves like normal but when you defeat it, they send out a 3TrainerPoké (at level 64 for me) who proceeds to destroy and kill everything you love while it laughs at your puny attacks, and your brevity in trying to faint it. I defeated one of these assholes once and the game locked up when the battle ended.

In most cases after a battle (after using save corruption), the game crashes.

Have you tried using an escape rope? (it's possible to escape rope out of any map, if you make an item below the warping item have a quantity of 3)

Bert

• Local Shitposter
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2014, 05:41:18 pm »
Fortunately, I've managed to get out of Clusterfuckland and now the map is behaving normally. I never knew I could use the Escape Rope to get out of such a tricky situation, so thanks! I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time.

Stilgar

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • CHARIZRAD 'M ROXORX or is it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2014, 06:47:45 pm »

Unfortunately I'm stuck with dialup, so uploading videos is out of the question until I grow enough patience to deal with YouTube's s**t.

I do, however, have some photos!

I also found something interesting: If you get the "Your Safari game is over!" message, use VaeporSage's walk through walls quirk to get around the admission's guy and save. Reset the game and walk towards the exit to Saffron City. Depending where you are, you can walk out a door and undo the map corruption, but at the cost of Fly possibly bringing up a Glitch Trainer.

The Glitch Trainer will send out an A (or Q), and you will not be able to do anything. For some reason, you will not send out a Glitchmon of your own, so the FIGHT option is useless. You can, however, throw a Poké Ball/Great Ball/Any Ball, really, at A. The Glitch Trainer will block it and the battle will end.

This, on the other hand, slows you down and disables text boxes. Also, if you have a poisoned Glitchmon with you (which is 101% likely), the music will add a new layer on itself, creating something of a musical round. It's actually pretty cool if you're in Celadon City.

Judging from the pictures a similar thing happens to me while using the walk through walls cheat and messing up the overworld going where I shouldn't, like areas that don't load properly if you walk through walls.
"The pendulum stops. Every mouth chews the silence."