References/Resources
Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Interactive tools
Reference documents
Terminology

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: The dream thread  (Read 28435 times)

Raven Freak

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Likes girls with bobbed hair cuts apparently.
    • View Profile
Re: The dream thread
« Reply #165 on: December 07, 2019, 09:56:31 am »
I had another dream where I got a promotion to Moderator on Sonic Retro. :V Though this time, I was expecting to be promoted to Wiki Sysop in my dream and was caught off guard when I was promoted to Moderator. Then I was lurking around on the hidden forums on the site, and then it went from me just browsing the website to me hanging out with some Oldbies, and we were on a bus to this campground. I realized I needed to get back home, so I waited for another bus to come back around and I ran towards the bus and then I woke up. xD The last time I had a dream about becoming a Moderator wasn't as strange, I got the promotion and then just browsed the forums. :V

Bert

• Local Shitposter
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Runs a bank-making operation out of his banks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2020, 02:05:16 am »
Dreamed last night that I had infiltrated the Canadian Ku Klux Klan (yes, that is/was an actual thing). Of course, because I'm me, they eventually sniffed me out. This resulted in the inevitable action finale in which I fought two Klansmen two-on-one before engaging the grand wizard in a quick draw. We shot  each other in the chest, but unlike him, I was wearing a bulletproof vest.

Also I keep having these weird dreams about this long-haired dude telling me to go to Vegas. What the f**k is his problem?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 02:09:45 am by Bert »

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2020, 01:11:21 am »
Had a dream last night that I almost rear-ended someone's car. They got mad and started going towards their trunk. Right when they pulled out a sledgehammer to destroy my windshield, my car, and myself, I was jolted awake by my alarm.

Bert

• Local Shitposter
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2020, 11:35:14 pm »
Dreamed last night I was playing a very badly glitched generation II Pokemon game. The player character was one tile away from where they usually are, the overworld colours were extremely corrupted, and the environment was like a massive glitch city that changed every few steps or so. In wild battles, the background consisted of pixelated garbage and the Pokemon themselves were typically over level 100. But weirdest of all was: in battle, the Pokemon's faces were replaced with expressions similar to Mimikyu's bedsheet face.

Evie the Bird Mother 🌸 ☽

• Veteran Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • ああ、紅茶がおいしい。 ~ ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2020, 12:12:52 pm »
Sorry to hear about all of our bad dreams. There's an idea dreams allow us to see what we're suppressing, based on their symbolism. This is what the Native Americans believed; they would intentionally go into sweat rooms to imagine new things. These dreams if given enough power can manifest, so the more you suppress the worst it gets. Recently I had a bad dream (the first in what feels like months ago, but is really a few weeks) that a dinosaur was chasing me in my old house and reached the bedroom. Opposite me was the window, but instead of jumping I kicked the dinosaur and woke up feeling a little shocked. Sometimes we may suppress things without realising. This and the same words can be understood in completely different ways. Vsauce has an interesting video how phantasmagoria can happen to anyone. The placebo effect also has a negative counterpart called the nocebo effect; if you follow a belief system that feels negative, it can consume you. We can get influenced by them by suppressing and masking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3lWVLuc6CE
(I was former joint head admin but stepped down)
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
Here have some free flowers on every post. ^^
Love, faith, hope are free. If all is lost friends save us.
Thanks fans for lovely Torchic artwork. ♡ First image thanks Nyapon.

Evie the Bird Mother 🌸 ☽

• Veteran Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • ああ、紅茶がおいしい。 ~ ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 19, 2020, 11:13:31 am »
I dream when I'm awake -_- Eve stop performing arbitrary code execution on synchronous events. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBdvK3BYYLc (Seriously this is my nightmare) I can't mask it away any longer.
(I was former joint head admin but stepped down)
Here have some free flowers on every post. ^^
Love, faith, hope are free. If all is lost friends save us.
Thanks fans for lovely Torchic artwork. ♡ First image thanks Nyapon.

lacoco4

• TM11 Sunny Day
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • The sunlight turned harsh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2020, 01:29:50 pm »
Literally had a dream about getting my copy of Pokemon Diamond locked for good because of exploring the void without Fly or Teleport.
I think what it meant was that I was finally gonna join the GCL forums after reading it for 10 years.
햇살이 강해졌다!

Bert

• Local Shitposter
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2020, 05:28:57 pm »
I think what it meant was that I was finally gonna join the GCL forums after reading it for 10 years.

I've literally had dreams involving me and other members going on wacky adventures. I have no clue what anyone from here looks like.

Last night I dreamed I was at Wal Mart and there was a t. rex running around eating people. I managed to elude it by hiding in a change room, but the guy in the one next to me wasn't as lucky.

lacoco4

• TM11 Sunny Day
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • The sunlight turned harsh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2020, 06:36:35 am »
I went to the Pokemon World Championship venue place (I've never been to one in real life) but I was just crying in front of the entrance because I wasn't qualified to compete.
Haha not even in my dreams
햇살이 강해졌다!

Bert

• Local Shitposter
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2020, 06:18:14 pm »
This morning I dreamed I was in a knife fight with Chuck Norris and fought him to a draw. f**k yeah.

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2020, 01:34:51 pm »
Had a dream that my friend and I were leaving the New York subway in the middle of a terrorist attack. We didn't know what was going on and we were all locked in the subway. Weird.

Then I dreamt about the 2020 American election, but rather than Joe Biden running against Trump, it was Hillary Clinton. Weird.

Bert

• Local Shitposter
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2020, 05:45:23 pm »
Earlier this week I dreamed I was playing Sanic Adventure 2: Battle. I was fighting the Biolizard. After defeating it, it used the Chaos Emeralds to enter its super state. Its body became more brachiosaurus-like, and the Eclipse Cannon, instead of being rammed up its ass, instead connected to its life support system's power source. This allowed it to shoot laser beams from its mouth instead of thin air. Then Super Sanic and Super Edgehog killed him.

Speaking of things that didn't kill themselves, I also had a dream I was in my final year of high school and Jeffrey Epstein was my math teacher. He ranted about common core and then took everyone on a field trip to the moon.