References/Resources
Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Interactive tools
Reference documents
Terminology

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Good to see this place alive!  (Read 1135 times)

GoldenChaos

• Oldbie
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Good to see this place alive!
« on: July 07, 2013, 02:52:23 am »
Hi, all.

Some of you folks that have stuck around here for a long time may remember me, but to most of you I'm probably a new face. Long story short, I used to mess around on this forum when I was around 14-16 years of age, just having discovered the wonders of the internet. For some reason I was drawn here and loved reading about Pokemon glitches and all that jazz. I never really contributed anything... At all. =P But I had a great deal of fun (sometimes at the expense of others) and I learned quite a bit. Not just about glitches and Pokemon, but about social interaction. I never really had a lot of friends growing up, and I was a pretty solid introvert well into my teens.

This place was a starting point of sorts for me to break out of my shell. Not long after I hit 16, I started talking to more people, making friends at my high school. I had a circle of people I could rely on. I starting going out, I got my first girlfriend. I got interested in music, joined a band. I became a social butterfly... But I deviated away from the internet life I had. Truthfully, I had forgotten about it almost completely within the following years.

GCL (and another forum I was active in around the same time) had a serious, irrevocable hand in developing me into the person I am today. And I like who I am and where I stand, so it's only fit and proper that I give credit where credit is due.

Thank you, Glitch City Labs. Thank you, everyone who has had a hand in it. Whether you helped get this place off the ground, were part of the members I interacted with, or you help keep it afloat today, I applaud you.

I thought about the site today, spontaneously, and what all it had done for me. That prompted me to try my old password... Which prompted me to lurk around the threads for the bit... And here I am spilling my guts. =P I just wanted to congratulate you guys on still being here, still being true. It's great seeing this place still up and running. Makes my heart feel good! <3

I'm entering into my junior year in college in a couple of months, I've got a job, and I'm still with that silly band of mine. So I'm not quite saying I'm gonna make a return, because I'm as busy as someone that's really busy... But I may check it in my down time and post once in a while.

Excellent job, guys.

Much love,
GC
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 11:31:34 am by GoldenChaos »

Evie the Mother Hen ☽ ❤

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • I love My Melody ✿(not really a mum but wanna be)
    • View Profile
Re: Good to see this place alive!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 05:12:17 am »
Welcome back to the forums, GoldenChaos.  :) I think your avatar is familiar.

I'm glad GCL helped you develop as a person.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
Here have some free flowers on every post :)
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
I am a legit yandere and I am ashamed.

(Images © Sanrio, Nintendo, Pokémon, HAL Laboratory)

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. Transgender woman but spiritually doesn't believe 'male'/'female' needs to be defined; lives more stereotypically like a woman/I'm a 'girly' nerd who discovered herself. Call me whichever pronouns you like. :)

Feel free to contact me here about anything regarding the site.

Forgiveness. I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Thank you Nyapon for this lovely artwork. :3

SCf3

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 11:35:13 am »
Welcome back! :D
I'm glad GCL had such a huge impact on you.
Honestly for me, I can't imagine myself without it even though it hasn't been as active as it usually is...
Posts:  1,023 (1.746 per day) Date Registered:  May 08, 2006, 02:54:50 am

Darkness_LordII

• Veteran Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • CO-CO-CO-COMBO BREAKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 01:17:23 pm »
Im also quite happy to find out that glitch city is still present. I first registered back in 2006 and now being 20 year old thing have little changed, still enjoying and glitching when I can
I LIVE

AGAIN

ドナルド・マクドナルド

• Official Mascot of Gclf
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 10:20:37 pm »
oh, long time no see. Whatever happened to that old Chaos sprite edit? Well, anyways good to have you back.