Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Pokémon cheat codes
Pokémon glitch terminology
Useful tools
More

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Pokemon Stadium Question  (Read 3441 times)

Kelvinv

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • CHARIZRAD 'M ROXORX or is it.
    • View Profile
Pokemon Stadium Question
« on: December 23, 2013, 10:13:24 am »
What do pokemon other than 'M and Missingno do on Stadium?

Evie the Mother Hen ☽ ❤

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • I love My Melody. I want to be a mum. 🦋 ✿
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Stadium Question
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 11:40:51 am »
I seem to remember hearing somewhere (probably TRSRockin before it went down) that in Stadium 1 they may appear as different coloured substitutes, sometimes with 'glitch screens' (e.g. a purple background like X ゥ- xゥ,'s ) and that in Stadium 2 glitch Pokémon tend to turn into Ditto.

I don't own the games or an Nintendo 64, though so what I say may be wrong due to false memory and not being able to check this myself.

Edit: I found a thread on GameFAQs where kirbymuncher says that they don't even appear in battle mode.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:45:52 am by Torchickens »

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
Here have some free flowers on every post :)

(Images © Sanrio, Nintendo, Pokémon, HAL Laboratory)

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. Transgender woman but spiritually doesn't believe 'male'/'female' needs to be defined; lives more stereotypically like a woman. Call me whichever pronouns you like. :)

Feel free to contact me here about anything regarding the site.

Forgiveness. I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Thank you Nyapon for this lovely artwork. :3

Kelvinv

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • CHARIZRAD 'M ROXORX or is it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 03:11:24 pm »
Well, there is a video on youtube that shows that 'M and Missingno as substitutes in Stadium, so for these pokemon it is true.

Zowayix

• Loose cannon mod who lives on the edge and doesn't play by the rules
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Cool story m8
    • View Profile
    • Github and whatnot
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 04:14:36 pm »
I did try this many eons ago, and I don't remember the result (too lazy to check in the present day) but I seem to recall it was indeed substitutes in Stadium 1. The coloration makes sense due to how nicknames work.

I need a new siggy, because this siggy is shitty... shittiggy... shiggy.... something.

Wack0

• Coder, reverser, beta collector [BetaArchive staff]
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • cBRH - Doing nothing since 2k7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 03:47:40 am »
I would check in an emulator, but looking it up, it seems that (as late as 2011 at least, not sure if there's any change today) Transfer Pak emulation does not work with the GB Tower, but it does work in other game modes in Stadium 1/2.
C H E C K E D . B U I L D S . A R E . A W E S O M E N E S S

BetaArchiveSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #galaxy,#softhistory

Also known as The Distractor.

Shane, please stop telling children that there's a Mew outside under the delivery trucks. - Management

Pokémon: arbitrary code execution 1996-2016

Zowayix

• Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Cool story m8
    • View Profile
    • Github and whatnot
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 04:13:33 am »
(as late as 2011 at least, not sure if there's any change today)
There certainly isn't any change today, no N64 emulators really get updated at all since the early 2000's which is kind of sad. Anyway, the most recent version of N-Rage's input plugin and either 1964 or Project64 should do the trick.

I need a new siggy, because this siggy is shitty... shittiggy... shiggy.... something.

IIMarckus

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
    • iimarck.us
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 10:39:19 pm »
There certainly isn't any change today, no N64 emulators really get updated at all since the early 2000's which is kind of sad.
Mupen64plus is somewhat actively developed, and is open source. (But it doesn’t support the Transfer Pak yet.)

Zowayix

• Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Cool story m8
    • View Profile
    • Github and whatnot
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 12:49:14 am »
There certainly isn't any change today, no N64 emulators really get updated at all since the early 2000's which is kind of sad.
Mupen64plus is somewhat actively developed, and is open source. (But it doesn’t support the Transfer Pak yet.)
It also has a command-line interface with not that much of a great selection of frontends, and as mentioned it doesn't support Transfer Pak because they decided to go against the grain with plugin specifications. But it is good to know that it is actually being updated.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 03:19:42 am by Zowayix »

SCf3

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 09:47:32 am »
It also has a command-line interface with not that much of a great selection of frontends, and as mentioned it doesn't support Transfer Pak because they decided to go against the grain with plugin specifications. But it is good to know that it is actually being updated.
I just started using sixtyforce, don't know if it's good/helpful in this situation or not. I started playing Stadium 2 on it though.
Posts:  1,023 (1.746 per day) Date Registered:  May 08, 2006, 02:54:50 am

Evie the Mother Hen ☽ ❤

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • I love My Melody. I want to be a mum. 🦋 ✿
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 11:10:18 am »
Via Project64 and ArtMoney, I was able to manipulate the current Pokémon in battle. It appears that the index numbers of the Pokémon are in Pokédex number, not the order in Red/Blue/Yellow, so there is probably a conversion system so that Pokémon Stadium can read Game Boy Pokémon. If glitch Pokémon do tend to turn into Substitutes, they probably get converted to 152, Substitute. This is just speculation, though.

Here's what various post-151 Pokémon look like: (album)

00 (it might use the last Pokémon sprite. I happened to have a Rhydon before this):

152:

153:

Freeze screen for 154, 156-160:

155:

255 (sprite is the green thing below, not Ekans. Not sure if this uses a glitchy version of the last Pokémon sprite):

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 11:14:31 am by Torchickens »

Here have some free flowers on every post :)

(Images © Sanrio, Nintendo, Pokémon, HAL Laboratory)

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. Transgender woman but spiritually doesn't believe 'male'/'female' needs to be defined; lives more stereotypically like a woman. Call me whichever pronouns you like. :)

Feel free to contact me here about anything regarding the site.

Forgiveness. I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Thank you Nyapon for this lovely artwork. :3

Prisma

• Mewtwo's Trainer
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 03:48:43 am »
I used to always mess with M' and MissingNo when I was younger, I remember stadium 1 showing subtitutes and stadium 2 instantly transformed them into dittos. Also I remember I had a bunch of bad clones in a box of pokemon crystal and when I opened it in the stadium 2 pc they glitched 5+ boxes into random pokemon with random moves like a moltres named wooper with poison gas. It also gave me a lot of level 100 dittos with pokerus. s**t was cash