Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Means of loading a Game Boy Advance save file from your computer on cartridge?  (Read 579 times)

Quirky Flower Chicken ❤✿

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • (Image thanks Sanrio + Pexels)
    • View Profile
Does anybody know what ways might be possible for writing save files to Game Boy Advance cartridges?

So say you memory edited a Pokémon in an Emerald ROM to have the stats for Pomeg data corruption instead of EV training, could you then apply the changes to a cartridge?

I think there is an obscure Game Boy Advance save backup tool in Japan called Save Data Bank, but I'm not aware of any others.

I suppose one could try disassembling the cartridge and physically replacing the save but not sure how that would work.

Or maybe you could use an elaborate cheating device-GameCube Game Boy Advance Link exploit to write a save.

Thanks.  :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 03:44:03 pm by Princess Torchic ❤ »

(Image © Sanrio, Nintendo, HAL Laboratory)

✿ Hi! I'm Evie. I'm a transgender woman, but any pronouns are fine. She/her preferred. ✿ 🦋

Forgiveness is timeless, and moments we look back on humble the soul. Jesus said it best. You must be blind to see and must see to be blind metaphorically is said. I don't think there is one Messiah nor a definitive truth, because we find truths in relative moments. However, there may be unknowable truths and sometimes it feels we have got to embrace the mystery and what we don't know.

Thank you for this lovely artwork Nyapon! :3

Háčky

• Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Pick which packet as an error?
    • View Profile
With a Nintendo DS that has the GBA slot and a DS flash cart, you can use GBA Backup Tool.

Quirky Flower Chicken ❤✿

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
With a Nintendo DS that has the GBA slot and a DS flash cart, you can use GBA Backup Tool.

That's awesome! Thanks Háčky. :)

✿ Hi! I'm Evie. I'm a transgender woman, but any pronouns are fine. She/her preferred. ✿ 🦋

Forgiveness is timeless, and moments we look back on humble the soul. Jesus said it best. You must be blind to see and must see to be blind metaphorically is said. I don't think there is one Messiah nor a definitive truth, because we find truths in relative moments. However, there may be unknowable truths and sometimes it feels we have got to embrace the mystery and what we don't know.

Zowayix

• Loose cannon mod who lives on the edge and doesn't play by the rules
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Cool story m8
    • View Profile
    • Github and whatnot
For what it's worth, since you asked about the GC-GBA link cable, you can do that with a modded Wii: https://github.com/FIX94/gba-link-cable-dumper

I need a new siggy, because this siggy is shitty... shittiggy... shiggy.... something.

Quirky Flower Chicken ❤✿

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
For what it's worth, since you asked about the GC-GBA link cable, you can do that with a modded Wii: https://github.com/FIX94/gba-link-cable-dumper

Neat! Thanks Zowayix. :)

Quirky Flower Chicken ❤✿

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
*bump*

I've never used a flash card before and I'm wondering what would be a good Nintendo DS flash card to install the GBA Backup Tool? I still have an original Nintendo DS and DS Lite.

Thanks.

Sherkel

• The first unquiring one to bare arms
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • リリー再び!
    • View Profile
*bump*

I've never used a flash card before and I'm wondering what would be a good Nintendo DS flash card to install the GBA Backup Tool? I still have an original Nintendo DS and DS Lite.

Thanks.
Any of them should be fine, but if you're wondering about the most popular/trusted one it would either be Acekard 2.1 or DSTWO. (The DSTWO can do more, like run GBA/SNES ROMs, but has a less durable design, drains battery faster, and costs twice as much).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:13:40 pm by Sherkel »