Celebi Egg trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg data corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitches
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
Glitch Pokémon cries
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site Source Code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Re: Pokemon FRLG/E: Clone Pokémon and get Bad EGGs/Glitch Moves using Pomeg Berry!  (Read 1452 times)

pigdevil2010

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Welcome to the 40 ERROR.
    • View Profile
Reading those posts made me really want to do some Gen III glitching tomorrow :P
Is glitching in GBA harder than those older GB/GBC ones? Let's see if I can edit the RAM to change the cursor position of the party Pokémon menu.

werster

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 08:37:25 pm »
Trying to test Smeargle in Battle Frontier, unfortuntely the move I have has 0 accuracy so I can't kill anything. Things to note though, you don't actually lose the battle when you catch a Pokemon, it ends in a draw, which can get you the win in Battle Dome. Also The opposing Pokemon flees on turn 2, which can get you easy wins in Pyramid (and also gives you more vision from Wild Pokemon)

voltage

• ----------
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • ŒêŒêŒêŒêŒêŒêŒêŒêŒêŒê
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 09:49:25 am »
Interesting, that's great! How did you obtain it? Was it simply by talking to him after doing the corruption or did you have to do something else?

I don't know if the Eon Ticket was the only thing you could get with Mystery Events. Bulbapedia doesn't have much information about it.

I know it was due to talking to him post-corruption, but I am unfortunately unsure of which attempt caused him to appear in the first place. According to Bulbapedia, Mystery Events aren't available in non-Japanese versions of Emerald, but he did say Mystery Event and not Mystery Gift while giving the ticket. But if you talk to him after, he thanks you for using Mystery Gift but not Mystery Event. I actually haven't saved after getting the ticket yet, so I can confirm this.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 10:00:17 am by voltage »
This was once one of the most harmless glitches in the Pokémon series... :P

rortik

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Crystal <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 11:06:48 pm »
Well I've been trying the "hatch any pokemon" subglitch, and it just isn't working. I might just be REALLY unlucky, but I've done it over 50 times and no regular egg :/

I have SEASOR with the proper EVs for Jirichi cloned and in the boxes for me.

I have Kirlia with enough HP evs to go negative first in my party, then a fainted oddish, then Rayquaza at my save point.

I use the Pomeg berry, encounter a Pokemon, switch to Rayquaza, run.

Go to Pokemon Center, deposit Rayquaza, heal Kirlia via potion.

Encounter wild Pokemon, send out Decamark, view Kirlia's status, go up 2x to cancel button, then up 41 times.

Then I cancel, try to run, white out (pokemon stay fainted) and check my PC.

I think my count is now at 55 tries, and no luck :/

Am I doing everything right? The bad eggs appear as they're supposed to. Maybe I'm just stupid...
~Rortik

FroggestSpirit

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • CHARIZRAD 'M ROXORX or is it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 07:35:58 am »
Is it possible for it to not end up in an egg? since the M section stays in place, would that work, even if it's a small chance?

Metarkrai

• Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
  • This is for you, Melodou !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 02:58:11 am »
Oh, thanks for your answer.

I'm a little lost in your explanations, however.

So, to obtain an Egg and not a bad Egg, would I need to corrupt the PID in a way that just changes the encryption slightly (or something I didn't understood) so the games considers the Pokemon as an Egg ?
Or are there other bits that I need to corrupt on the Pokemon's data (along with the PID corruption) to obtain an Egg ?

Because what I was doing was testing corruption with Pomeg Glitch with Repeat Ball Pokemon, and after 40 or more corruptions I used the Memory Viewer to manually change their PID.
I did this on around 90 Repeat Ball Pokemon, and with the two corruptions (Bit 6 or Bits 0 & 2), none of them changed into Bad Eggs.
After that, I loaded a save with Master Ball Pokemon, who gave me some Eggs before, and manually corrupted their PID.
They all turned into Eggs when I applied Bit 6 corruption to their PID only. For Bits 0 & 2 corruption, I only got Bad Eggs.

And after I thought that the Ball would influence things, I caugh Pokemon with every Ball on 3 different saves and changed their PID.
In total, I caught aroung 15 Pokemon with every Ball (all saves cumulated), and the results where always the same :
A PID change with Repeat, Premier, Timer, Nest, or Luxury Ball gives a Bad Egg.
A PID change (Bit 6) with all the other Balls gives an Egg.
I also tested it with the Pokemon that were in my PC, and still got the same results.

I also tested double corruption during my tests, and this worked for every Pokemon, with Bit 6 or Bits 0&2 corruption.
To test double corruption, I only changed the PID and TID with Memory Viewer.

But, from all the Pokemon that turned into Eggs with a PID corruption only, not all of them will be corrupted into Eggs since other Bits may be changed with Pomeg Glitch, and this would turn them into Bad Eggs.

So, as you say that, for the usual corruption (not the double), the Ball of capture doesn't change things, is there a Bit (reachable with Pomeg Glitch as the same time as the PID) that, once corrupted along with the PID, would allow a Pokemon caught on a Repeat Ball (for example) to become corrupted ?
I'm asking this, as corrupting the PID alone will always give a Bad Egg for this Ball.

EDIT :
Apart from that, I successfully generated an obedient Mew and Deoxys.
For Mew, I gave him a Feel of 0x80 (128), with Growth read on Attacks, and Misc read onto EVs, and it obeyed.

Deoxys was tougher to do, since you can't obtain him with Growth read onto Attacks.
Thus, I needed a move with more than 128 PPs, so I used a Glitch Move that doesn't freeze the game and has more than the needed amount of PPs, to have the Bit 7 of PPs 4 set to 1.
I used a Ditto and a Smeargle to Sketch it from a Bad Egg, and I gave EVs to this Smeargle.

I haven't found a really good Glitch Move yet, since the one I used was 0x4000, with 0xFF PPs.
Because Bit 6 of the left byte of Move 4 + Bit 6 of PPs 4 were set to 1, the Smeargle directly turned into a Deoxys with PID corruption instead of becoming an Egg.

There is a little issue, since there are unwanted bits appearing.
Deoxys had held item 0x4000, 0x4000 0000 exp (making it Lv 100), and some Glitch Moves.

To set the Xp to 0, I gave my Smeargle a Condition of 0x40 Beauty (exactly 0x40 = 64, else it'll still have too many Xp), 0x40 Feel (other bits for Feel can be set, it won't change things), and no Coolness (as it is the second byte for Xp).

And this worked, I have a Lv 0 obeying Deoxys like this.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 04:58:04 am by Metarkrai »

maku

• Not yet posted
  • Offline Offline
  • CHARIZRAD 'M ROXORX or is it what.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 07:52:33 pm »
Hey I don't think it has been mentioned yet in this thread, I just noticed after doing a box corruption that all eight gym leaders want to rematch me which is cool since I didn't think it was possible for me to do the rematches with the battery being dry. So I guess now I won't have to fix the battery if I want to do these rematches (they do use the clock right, unlike normal trainer rematches?).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 07:57:04 pm by maku »

Misdreavus

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 12:38:36 am »
Does anyone know how I could use this to change my ID/SID to numbers of my choice?

Tabbender

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • CHARIZRAD 'M ROXORX or is it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 05:12:12 am »
Hey, do you guys know any convenient way of  triggering the Navel Rock event ? I got the MysticTicket by using this glitch but i can't find a way to trigger the event so that it can be used to actually access the Navel Rock (from my understanding what i must do is set the "8E0" flag but i have no clue how to do it)