Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site Source Code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Invalid pokemon "True stats"?  (Read 668 times)

0ErrorYT

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Dri REDGREENMOM MOM, are you ready?
    • View Profile
Invalid pokemon "True stats"?
« on: December 26, 2017, 01:14:36 pm »
So, i found this videocalled USING GEN 6 MISSINGNO (lol) It's kinda cringy but the odd stats/name on the invalid Pokemon make me wonder if invalid PKHeX is giving the Pokemon wrong stats. He also states that these Pokemon were obtained by forcing a bad EGG to hatch, which hints toward corruption of some sort. Does anyone have any insights about this? 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 04:44:52 pm by 0ErrorYT »
Well ????? is a pokemon that can only be accesed by hacking the game
genrally with gameshark but the game shark code for it works in this way:
it tells the  game to make a certain pokemon appear what that pokemon is depends on the two pokemon digits in the code fore example bulabsuar code could be 4R (it isnt really) but if you put in a number for a pokemon that doesnt exist... the game wotn know what to make appear there for cusing its name sprite antacks etc to be nothing to do with real pokemon! :) :) :) hope u understood tis lol!!!

Quirky Flower Chicken ❤✿

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • (Image thanks Sanrio + Pexels)
    • View Profile
Re: Invalid pokemon "True stats"?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 11:45:24 am »
So, i found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewhi0-PMDs It's kinda cringy but the odd stats/name on the invalid Pokemon make me wonder if invalid PKHeX is giving the Pokemon wrong stats. He also states that these Pokemon were obtained by forcing a bad EGG to hatch, which hints toward corruption of some sort. Does anyone have any insights about this?

This sounds interesting. I have never heard of a Bad Egg hatching so don't know what would happen.

The video is down sadly. Do you have another link?

(Image © Sanrio, Nintendo, HAL Laboratory)

✿ Hi! I'm Evie. I'm a transgender woman, but any pronouns are fine. She/her preferred. ✿ 🦋

Nature: Passive, kind, but a little shy sometimes in public though warms up. Sensitive, however brave. I have a hidden protective side to me. Liberal feminist.

War is the birth of new love, love is the birth of new war. Having died once, lived twice. Together alone we are together.

Thank you for this lovely artwork Nyapon! :3

0ErrorYT

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 04:48:12 pm »
Fixed it. He also says he transferred gen 7 mons to gen 6 with PKSM, but that's wrong as the pokedex numbers are in the 900s
it tells the  game to make a certain pokemon appear what that pokemon is depends on the two pokemon digits in the code fore example bulabsuar code could be 4R (it isnt really) but if you put in a number for a pokemon that doesnt exist... the game wotn know what to make appear there for cusing its name sprite antacks etc to be nothing to do with real pokemon! :) :) :) hope u understood tis lol!!!

Epsilon

• Zeta
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • The default personal text makes no sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 05:22:11 pm »
Fixed it. He also says he transferred gen 7 mons to gen 6 with PKSM, but that's wrong as the pokedex numbers are in the 900s

Knowing this, and having watched the video myself, I must question it's legitimacy
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 05:22:37 pm by Epsilon »
grouchy

Quirky Flower Chicken ❤✿

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • (Image thanks Sanrio + Pexels)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 05:25:06 pm »

I think I found it, thanks!

Looks like you forgot a 0 at the end of the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewhi0-PMDs0

I don't know much about how Generation VI and VII work but the wrong Pokédex numbers might be due to an encryption related problem that could mean a Generation VII Pokémon ends up corrupted and with a mismatching index number.

In relation to the true stats, do you know whether he tried Rare Candying the glitch Pokémon? That might revert the stats back to the PkHex stats.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 05:31:18 pm by Princess Torchic ❤ »

(Image © Sanrio, Nintendo, HAL Laboratory)

✿ Hi! I'm Evie. I'm a transgender woman, but any pronouns are fine. She/her preferred. ✿ 🦋

Nature: Passive, kind, but a little shy sometimes in public though warms up. Sensitive, however brave. I have a hidden protective side to me. Liberal feminist.

War is the birth of new love, love is the birth of new war. Having died once, lived twice. Together alone we are together.

Thank you for this lovely artwork Nyapon! :3

0ErrorYT

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 08:24:11 pm »
Try commenting on his video, he responded to me pretty fast