Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Pokémon cheat codes
Pokémon glitch terminology
Useful tools
More

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: The Glitchy Thread of Topiclessness (#3)  (Read 29279 times)

ISSOtm

• The French Lord of Laziness (and a huge The Legend Of Zelda fan)
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Pewter City (B)rocks !
    • View Profile
    • My Little Website
Re: The Glitchy Thread of Topiclessness (#3)
« Reply #390 on: April 02, 2019, 08:13:21 pm »
Nice comeback post. Also, the art of that Weavile... is well-drawn, but there's one half of it you don't wanna see x)
"THOU SHALL NOT PASS !!"  RIVAL's effect, Gandalf.

Proudly glitching Pokémon Red and Yellow on a Black & White GB, Pocket GB, GB Color, GBA SP and new 3DS.

My Twitter (beware, I'm French)
My YouTube (same warning)

Here is an online tool to build 8F setups : GBz80 to Items !

They see me layzin', they ha-tin'...
Heavy contributor of the global augmentation of entropy (my room's is too damn high !)

Princess Torchic Owl Lover ☽ ❤

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Aspiring mother. 🦋 ✿
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 03, 2019, 08:29:32 am »
MUCH KAWAII. SO ADORABLE!! (* >ω<)=3

Nice comeback post. Also, the art of that Weavile... is well-drawn, but there's one half of it you don't wanna see x)

:-[

Had a fun game on Smash with my friend. Who would you like to be a DLC character? :) Me: Starfy, Style Savvist, Professor Layton, DeMille, Mike Jones from StarTropics, Hakkun, Mr. Gimmick or the Trip World protagonist (forgot his name, I think Yakopu??) representing SunSoft. Have a lot of these ideas actually.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
Here have some free flowers on every post ^^

(Images © Sanrio, Nintendo, Pokémon, HAL Laboratory)

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. Sex male, and spiritually doesn't believe 'male'/'female' needs to be defined; lives more stereotypically like a woman. Call me whichever pronouns you like. :)

Feel free to contact me here about anything regarding the site.

Forgiveness. I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Thank you Nyapon for this lovely artwork. :3

Sherkel

• Ringsome on the aquaface
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 03, 2019, 10:21:17 am »
Nice to see you on the forums again, Ganix! It's been a long time...is what I would say, but you've been one of the most active on Discord all that time. :P

How's everyone liking ZZAZZ's April Fools 2019 SRAM hacks? Personally I'm enjoying it all a lot, but I got kind of frustrated with a certain part last night and don't feel quite like going back to it yet because of that...maybe that's related to me playing while unable to sleep till after 6. ;) Really great work, though, absolutely worth a look if you're seeing this post for any reason. It's amazing how far you can go with this type of hacking, and the overarching design and witty dialogue certainly help.

If anyone needs a link: https://zzazzdzz.github.io/fools2019/
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 10:25:35 am by Sherkel »

Sticking to quality control and moderation until I sort some IRL matters out. I check in here almost daily and will answer questions, but not all of them.
I don't have a habit of keeping Discord open, so direct inquiries are preferred through here.

Princess Torchic Owl Lover ☽ ❤

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Aspiring mother. 🦋 ✿
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 03, 2019, 11:29:56 am »
Nice to see you on the forums again, Ganix! It's been a long time...is what I would say, but you've been one of the most active on Discord all that time. :P

How's everyone liking ZZAZZ's April Fools 2019 SRAM hacks? Personally I'm enjoying it all a lot, but I got kind of frustrated with a certain part last night and don't feel quite like going back to it yet because of that...maybe that's related to me playing while unable to sleep till after 6. ;) Really great work, though, absolutely worth a look if you're seeing this post for any reason. It's amazing how far you can go with this type of hacking, and the overarching design and witty dialogue certainly help.

If anyone needs a link: https://zzazzdzz.github.io/fools2019/

Welcome back Ganix!! :)

I haven't seen it yet, as unfortunately have only got access to my Wii U at the moment. I saw the video though and it was amazing as usual, and fun that it's not out of the question something like it could happen re: emulator escape.

..maybe that's related to me playing while unable to sleep till after 6.

You're not alone. (couldn't sleep again)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 12:03:13 am by Quirky Flower Chicken ❤✿ »

Here have some free flowers on every post ^^

(Images © Sanrio, Nintendo, Pokémon, HAL Laboratory)

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. Sex male, and spiritually doesn't believe 'male'/'female' needs to be defined; lives more stereotypically like a woman. Call me whichever pronouns you like. :)

Feel free to contact me here about anything regarding the site.

Forgiveness. I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Thank you Nyapon for this lovely artwork. :3

Raven Freak

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • She's the cutest female trainer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 04, 2019, 07:52:08 pm »
'Sup everyone! I've been playing Wolfenstein 3D again, and slacking on working on my hack. :V I'm on Episode 5 floor 2, on the most difficult setting. I'm trying to get the last achievement I need for the game. I've beat it once already.

Sherkel

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 04, 2019, 10:03:18 pm »
I've been playing...fools2019, still. :P I think the Seaside Kingdom hidden path is the last straw for me, but I haven't been this engaged by a hack in a while. Makes me want to try Gaia, actually, considering Werster acknowledged it.

Sticking to quality control and moderation until I sort some IRL matters out. I check in here almost daily and will answer questions, but not all of them.
I don't have a habit of keeping Discord open, so direct inquiries are preferred through here.

Raven Freak

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 05, 2019, 09:23:08 am »
I need to play that hack. xD I keep seeing people talk about it in the discord. BTW congrats on your promotion Sherkel!

Parzival

• Buyer beware: House comes with 3 free skeletons in a closet of your choice.
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • This box intentionally left blank. ...wait...
    • View Profile
    • (null)
« Reply #397 on: April 05, 2019, 10:21:45 am »
yeet me into the fucking sun
Ask me about betrayal.
Ask me about depression.
Ask me about death.
Ask me about destruction.
Ask me about hardship.
I've been through s**t.
If you need to talk to someone, my PM inbox is always open.

Epsilon

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 05, 2019, 12:52:31 pm »

That's quite a difficult task.

What's got you down?
grouchy

Sherkel

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 05, 2019, 12:55:33 pm »
I need to play that hack. xD I keep seeing people talk about it in the discord. BTW congrats on your promotion Sherkel!
There's a reason it has its own section in the Discord, I can say that much. It's especially of interest for those into assembly, but is still mostly "normal gameplay". There are two and a half more days to play it with the leaderboard and world map online, but if it's like 2018, all the save files will remain available afterward. Although, now that I think about it, you need to progress on one before making progress on another, and later backtracking to the first one and going back and forth a bunch...so this might be the only chance to "properly" play it. I'll have to ask ZZAZZ about that. Thanks, by the way!

As for suggestions for Smash, I can't really think of any. I'm just not into it enough anymore, and probably only ever was due to friends. I could see Starfy working, though.

Parzival

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • (null)
« Reply #400 on: April 05, 2019, 01:39:45 pm »

That's quite a difficult task.

What's got you down?
just frustrated
Ask me about betrayal.
Ask me about depression.
Ask me about death.
Ask me about hardship.
I've been through s**t.

Sherkel

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 06, 2019, 12:38:26 pm »
A new record in softlock% for Blue! :P

http://tasvideos.org/6342S.html

By the way, despite the clarity of the image, it's neither from an emulator nor an SGB2. The page has more details if you're interested.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 12:39:50 pm by Sherkel »

Parzival

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • (null)
« Reply #402 on: April 07, 2019, 05:22:08 pm »
By the way, despite the clarity of the image, it's neither from an emulator nor an SGB2. The page has more details if you're interested.
Gameboy Micro HDMI out???
Ask me about betrayal.
Ask me about depression.
Ask me about death.
Ask me about hardship.
I've been through s**t.

Raven Freak

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 07, 2019, 06:24:34 pm »
I've made some more progress on my hack. If you can figure out which unused map this was, then you get a virtual cookie or something. I won't share where exactly you can find it in my hack, I'd like to keep somethings secret. :P

« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 06:26:18 pm by Raven Freak »

Sherkel

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 07, 2019, 07:07:15 pm »
Gameboy Micro HDMI out???
It's a filter for OBS that fixes "dead lines" (so to speak) that appear when playing through GBI, resulting in a pixel-perfect image. The paste explains it better than I could.

I've made some more progress on my hack. If you can figure out which unused map this was, then you get a virtual cookie or something. I won't share where exactly you can find it in my hack, I'd like to keep somethings secret. :P

I still haven't dug too deep through the unused assets yet, but I can at least say it looks quite secret! Have you thought of compiling these all into a thread? Or is not enough of it done for that?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:51:54 pm by Sherkel »