UnownDex
More

Major Glitches
Trainer escape glitch
Old man glitch
Celebi Egg glitch
SRAM glitch
Buffer overflow techniques
Pomeg glitch data corruption (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Pokémon cloning
Select glitches (Japan)
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Recurring glitches
More

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
Pokémon Game Genie codes
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Error traps
Non-glitch exploits
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information
More

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site Source Code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Shiny hunting  (Read 1879 times)

Bert

• Your Real Dad
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Enemy FERALIGATR can't receive the gift!
    • View Profile
Re: Shiny hunting
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2018, 04:22:39 pm »
So what's everyone's favourite shiny that they have obtained?

Definitely shiny Flygon, of course. I was doing a playthrough of Emerald version and was gonna add one to my team, and the very first Trapinch I encountered on said run was shiny. I've always liked Flygon and considering the odds of this happening I was not going to let this opportunity slip by.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 04:23:25 pm by Bert »

Nostalgia

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 03:44:25 am »
Definitely shiny Flygon, of course. I was doing a playthrough of Emerald version and was gonna add one to my team, and the very first Trapinch I encountered on said run was shiny. I've always liked Flygon and considering the odds of this happening I was not going to let this opportunity slip by.

Nice. I was thinking of choosing Flygon for my last Emerald playthrough, but ended up going with Salamence thinking it would be a better choice for the Battle Frontier. In the end, Salamence did almost nothing for me in the Frontier, with a combination of Slaking, Metagross, Milotic and Latios doing the job and getting me 5 of the 7 Gold Symbols.

I do prefer Flygon to Salamence though. :)

Bert

• Your Real Dad
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2018, 10:43:13 pm »
I got a VC Crystal shiny Celebi through Wonder Trade today. The bidding starts at ten million dollars.

Also, I no longer have Cotton Candy, which I put up on the GTS for a lark asking for a Lugia between levels 1-10. I was surprised to come back an hour later to find out that I now have a shiny Lugia from the Dream World.

Marv231

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • CHARIZRAD 'M ROXORX or is it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 11:34:06 am »
I managed to get all, but one shiny out of the odd egg.  ;D
The only one, who`s missing is Shiny Tyrogue.

Even resetting shiny Celebi was easier then getting the last one

Evie ❤✿

• Administrator
  • Online Online
  • Finally happy ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2018, 11:49:25 am »
Lucky to both of you.

I'm still soft-resetting for my Shiny Celebi, ha ha.

I have two of the Odd Eggs Shinies, Pichu (now Alolan Raichu) and Magby (now Magmortar). I may attempt to get more soon.
✿ Hi! I'm Evie. I'm a transgender person, but any pronouns are fine. She/her preferred. ✿ 🦋

Nature: Slow, gentle, calm, but a little shy sometimes in public. However, brave.

Thank you for this lovely artwork Nyapon! :3

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChickasaurusGL
https://www.vgcollect.com/Torchickens

Charmy

• A guy who likes glitchyness.
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • "NIDOQUEEN THOMAS wants to battle!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2018, 11:01:36 am »
I have two of the Odd Eggs Shinies, Pichu (now Alolan Raichu) and Magby (now Magmortar). I may attempt to get more soon.
I actually have a spare Odd Egg shiny Cleffa for you, so if you want it just DM me or maybe reply here (I would prefer if you would DM me on Discord though but it's your choice).
I also hunted for a few shiny UBs and got them relatively quick, these were Xurkitree, Guzzlord and Blapcehalon, I still want to get the others but I lack the time nor interest at times.
I also hatched a few gen 2 1/64s, Pichu and Larvitar to be more exact, And Charmander.
I also have a box of spare wormhole shinies.
"Time is mone
Go along then" - Old Man

TMZ4 is the BEST TM while the sucky Channel is the best channel.

Evie ❤✿

• Administrator
  • Online Online
  • Finally happy ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2018, 01:17:52 pm »
I actually have a spare Odd Egg shiny Cleffa for you, so if you want it just DM me or maybe reply here (I would prefer if you would DM me on Discord though but it's your choice).
I also hunted for a few shiny UBs and got them relatively quick, these were Xurkitree, Guzzlord and Blapcehalon, I still want to get the others but I lack the time nor interest at times.
I also hatched a few gen 2 1/64s, Pichu and Larvitar to be more exact, And Charmander.
I also have a box of spare wormhole shinies.

Wow that's really nice, thank you Charmy.  :)

You want anything in return?

I'll go on Discord tomorrow and if we're both on I'll try and pick it up.
✿ Hi! I'm Evie. I'm a transgender person, but any pronouns are fine. She/her preferred. ✿ 🦋

Nature: Slow, gentle, calm, but a little shy sometimes in public. However, brave.

Thank you for this lovely artwork Nyapon! :3

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChickasaurusGL
https://www.vgcollect.com/Torchickens

Charmy

• A guy who likes glitchyness.
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • "NIDOQUEEN THOMAS wants to battle!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2018, 10:37:02 am »
Oh didn't notice you were there, like, I don't use the forums often anymore, I still sometimes lurk and reply, but I still use Discord way more than the forums, The only thing I could recommend would be you checking on the server more often.
"Time is mone
Go along then" - Old Man

TMZ4 is the BEST TM while the sucky Channel is the best channel.

Sherkel

• The first unquiring one to bare arms
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Gehen wir mit die Sonne spazieren!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2018, 04:07:19 pm »
For a while, I had what I think was the only shiny ExtremeSpeed Zigzagoon. Back in 2011 I soft-reset for a decent one on Box (Hasty, 31/27/9/5/15/27) and then RNG'd an ID on a new Ruby file to make it hatch shiny. This was the soft-resetting process:

1. Boot up Box (using NeoGamma, obviously)
2. Connect GBA with Ruby, having stored 1500 Pokémon from that file
3. "Hey dude, looks like you've stored 1500 Pokémon from this Ruby! Here, have this Zigzagoon as a prize."
4. Dump Ruby save file, plug the microSD into my laptop, open the save in Enciclopedia Pokemon (a Spanish program that was effectively PKHex for 3rd Gen until a couple of years ago), check the IVs
5. Put the previous save file (having not received Zig) back onto Ruby, put it in the GBA, and go back to step 1

There was a much more dedicated user (Zari on Smogon) who discovered an extension to the Emerald cloning glitch that allowed Box to send infinitely many Zig Eggs to the same save file, but it still took a while for each and I never had a clue how it worked. I remember he might have told a friend of mine through PM, but whether I'd be able to find that now remains to be seen.

I also had around 100-200 RNG'd shinies with perfect IVs scattered across Generations 3, 4, and 5 before I got bored of it, but this undertaking was a good deal more unique than any of those.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 05:19:52 pm by Sherkel »

Pokedude

• Josh Indigo!
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Video Games can bring people together!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2018, 09:46:31 pm »
I'm not as much of a shiny hunter but I got lucky in X  Shiny Bunnelby, Scraggy, and  Plusle! I got a shiny Cascoon in Ruby but had to delete my game cause I sold the incense and don't have/use an AR. Is there a trick to Poke Radar in Platinum?
Video games can bring people together or keep them from society. Your choice but trust me, it's better to hang with other people who share your values and interests then to become an introvert. Never let a game with fake prophecy fake killing, and fake weapons become more than a game of pretend. Never let them influence your real life actions. Real killing is wrong but a video game is just that if you keep it that way.
Keep Calm and Game On!

~ JoshIndigo 2018

Bert

• Your Real Dad
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2018, 10:03:33 pm »
I got a shiny Cascoon in Ruby but had to delete my game cause I sold the incense and don't have/use an AR.

Is there a trick to Poke Radar in Platinum?

Not really. Your odds increase slowly at first as the chain keeps going, and at a chain of 40 your odds are 1/1200.

Sherkel

• Staff
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2018, 12:33:36 pm »
Hahahaha, I've seen that image as many times as anyone but couldn't help losing it at that reaction, Bert. :XD: I can relate to the incense thing though, actually. Back in my early days of playing, I spent countless nights unable to fall asleep due to being stuck in a spiral of unrelenting hatred for myself after finding out you only get one Earthquake TM in Ruby and that I had used it. As for the Radar, yeah, it's stupid, don't use it.

Dang, hearing about you guys losing shinies like Cotton Candy, Evie's Yanmega, and that Cascoon makes me want to get replacements for you guys. I feel horrible watching people playing without the ability to clone and not doing anything to help. :P I'd have to get used to so much stuff that used to be second nature for me, though...like ID abuse in DP, just ugh...but if you guys want me to, I can get any shiny you request from Generation 3, 4, or 5, transfer it up and trade it to you guys. It just might take some time.

Pokedude

• Josh Indigo!
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2018, 01:20:49 pm »
Thx but how would you trade 2 us without meeting irl? Also no AR's please. I don't like them. But thank you so much for the offer!
Video games can bring people together or keep them from society. Your choice but trust me, it's better to hang with other people who share your values and interests then to become an introvert. Never let a game with fake prophecy fake killing, and fake weapons become more than a game of pretend. Never let them influence your real life actions. Real killing is wrong but a video game is just that if you keep it that way.
Keep Calm and Game On!

~ JoshIndigo 2018

Sherkel

• Staff
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2018, 01:21:43 pm »
Thx but how would you trade 2 us without meeting irl? Also no AR's please. I don't like them. But thank you so much for the offer!
No cheating devices whatsoever would be used. I'd use Wi-Fi to trade them.

Pokedude

• Josh Indigo!
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2018, 01:23:18 pm »
Ok need to get a wifi adapter for gba then.
Keep Calm and Game On!

~ JoshIndigo 2018