Celebi Egg trick
Select glitches (Japan)
SRAM glitch
CoolTrainer♀ corruption
LOL glitch
Rival LOL glitch
Super Glitch
ZZAZZ glitch
Pomeg data corruption glitch (Glitzer Popping)
Tweaking
Elite Four door glitch (Japan)
Pokémon merge glitch
Pokémon cloning
Time Capsule exploit
Arbitrary code execution
Coin Case glitches
More

Other Glitch Categories
Glitches by generation
Glitches between two generations
Japan-only/language specific glitches
Music glitches
Natural glitches
Non-core series glitches
Non-Pokémon glitches
Officially acknowledged glitches
Recurring glitches
Dead glitches

References
Pokémon GameShark codes
The Big HEX List
Glitch Pokémon cries
GB programming
Curiosities
Debugging features
Easter eggs
Error traps
Glitch areas
Glitch myths
Non-glitch exploits
Placeholder texts
Pokémon glitch terminology
Unused content and prerelease information

Useful Tools
8F Helper
GBz80 to Items
Old man trick name generator
PATH (Prama's Advanced Tweaking Heaven)
Save file editors
Special stat/Pokémon converter
Trainer escape Trainer Pokémon finder

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki
PRAMA Initiative
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site Source Code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: [request][help] Clone Pokemon Using "ws m" ACE in pokemon Yellow.  (Read 205 times)

Inkblot

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • CHARIZRAD 'M ROXORX or is it.
    • View Profile
So I didn't realize ACE had its own child forum, so I deleted this post from the Main one and a new one here.

So I have been doing a lot of ACE on the virtual consol versions of RGB and GSC. I have been looking for ways to clone pokemon in gen 1, but the 2 main methods I found are hard to pull off in the virtual console games, and can potentially delete your save file. I have tried trading my pokemon to gen 2 as its a lot easier to clone in that gen, but it seems to have an odd side effect where once I trade my pokemon back to gen 1, I can't nickname them even though they still have my original trainer ID and OT. I recently found a cool code using 8f that lets you clone pokemon using the daycare, but I can't seem to find something similar for Ws m. There is also another code that lets you clone using the box, which is nice as it would perserve the EXP of the pokemon. Is there a way to translate the code for either of these to use in yellow version? Or is there another possible way to use ACE in yellow to clone pokemon that isn't like the ones listed before?

The code that uses 8f can be found here: http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=6638.msg200226.html#msg200226
And here is the other one that uses the box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45xP_gIV0tk

I really want to do this in yellow version, as I just like that version better and would rather play it rather than red and blue.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 04:40:38 pm by Inkblot »

Epsilon

• Zeta
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • The default personal text makes no sense
    • View Profile
Re: [request][help] Clone Pokemon Using "ws m" ACE in pokemon Yellow.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 04:54:29 pm »
Try

X Accuracy x113 (hex:71)

Carbos x218 (hex:DA)

Max Revive x1 (hex:01)

TM01 x[Any qty]

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 05:23:01 pm by Epsilon »
"What's a stack? Can you eat that?"

"Sure, just POP it into your mouth!" (someoneplskillme)

Clash Royale profile: #LYQC9LLV. Join our clan because we're lonely.

Does anybody really know what time it is?

Does anybody really care?
- Chicago

Inkblot

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 05:18:18 pm »
This is for the Daycare method. I am currently unable to acces the video linked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45xP_gIV0tk (here is the link again just in case parentheses messed with it)

Ok cool! Thanks a lot!

Epsilon

• Zeta
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 05:19:42 pm »
Actually, I was only unable to view the video as I am currently on a school PC with a strict firewall.

EDIT: Haha, I realise now that i've made a silly mistake with the code. Give me a second to fix it

Fixed.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 05:23:26 pm by Epsilon »

- Chicago

Inkblot

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 05:20:54 pm »
Actually, I was only unable to view the video as I am currently on a school PC with a strict firewall.

Yeah, I understand. Would it be possible for you to look at the video later when you can access it and see if there is a way to make it work on yellow as well?

Inkblot

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 12:10:24 pm »

EDIT: Haha, I realise now that i've made a silly mistake with the code. Give me a second to fix it

Fixed.

I actually found the post on this forum that the clone pokemon in box video uses.

Easy (ish) cloning:
Prerequisite: box 1 is empty and the pokemon to clone is in another box. The pokemon to clone also cannot have any HMs.
You will also need the standard 5 pokemon 8F setup.

Inventory:
* any item x any
* 8F
* Lemonade x 19
* X accuracy x 128    (127 if using yellow, but then I don't know how wsm works.)
* Carbos x 218
* Poke ball x 119
* TM01 x any

Procedure:
* Change to box 1 and use 8F
* Move the pokemon to clone into box 1
* Release all the pokemon in box 1 by releasing from the top of the list repeatedly until the box is empty.
* Use 8F again. The box is now filled with unstable hybrids of your pokemon and 'M (FF)
* Withdraw as many as you want and use the daycare to stablize the hybrids. They should all stablize to be the originally deposited pokemon.

The last step is not necessary if you want to transfer the clones to sun/moon. Just transfer the box, toss 18 lemonade, use 8F, and withdraw the original pokemon.

Also, You wouldn't happen to know a good guide on how to use the 8F helper program would you? I tried using it to translate the codes I found to ws m Format, but i couldn't really get it to work without giving me list with glitch items in it, or how to get it to translate to Yellow format (if it can at all). I just wanna find out how to do this stuff on my own so I am not constantly asking for help on these forums ^^;

Epsilon

• Zeta
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 12:23:37 pm »
Also, You wouldn't happen to know a good guide on how to use the 8F helper program would you? I tried using it to translate the codes I found to ws m Format, but i couldn't really get it to work without giving me list with glitch items in it, or how to get it to translate to Yellow format (if it can at all). I just wanna find out how to do this stuff on my own so I am not constantly asking for help on these forums ^^;

Item helpers are incapable of determining what adaptions need to be made to convert to Yellow. Yellow only differs from Red RAM wise in that, starting at a certain point, that RAM addresses of Yellow are -1 of Red's. Exempli Gratias, if you wish to force an encounter in Red, you would edit $d059, but in Yellow the edit would go to $d058.

Understanding basic ASM can help you make these adaptions manually. Usually, most code devs will use "ld l,$xx" for the lower byte of the adress to edit, so in yellow such an edit would be "ld l,$xx - 1"

- Chicago

Inkblot

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 12:39:04 pm »

Item helpers are incapable of determining what adaptions need to be made to convert to Yellow. Yellow only differs from Red RAM wise in that, starting at a certain point, that RAM addresses of Yellow are -1 of Red's. Exempli Gratias, if you wish to force an encounter in Red, you would edit $d059, but in Yellow the edit would go to $d058.

Understanding basic ASM can help you make these adaptions manually. Usually, most code devs will use "ld l,$xx" for the lower byte of the adress to edit, so in yellow such an edit would be "ld l,$xx - 1"

Ah ok. so is that why the box clone code says to lower the value of one of the items by 1 to work on yellow? Also does that mean the other adresses do not need to be changed, and thus if i used the setup in yellow using ws m, it would work? Or do the other adresses need to be changed? and in that case, would that mean just lowering the item amount and/or changing the item to be a lower hex value?

EDIT: I am just trying to wrap my mind around this. I know there are list online that have the hex values for the items in gen 1, so i am assuming if i know which adresses are -1 for yellow, I could look up those list and change the items/amounts of those items to the proper values.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 12:40:56 pm by Inkblot »

Inkblot

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 03:40:06 pm »

Sorry to bump you again, But I did some research and to understand what you said a bit better. from what you said, does it mean that only Items that use the asm instruction Id l,$xx would need to be changed to -1 the value for Red and blue? and thus everything else should be the same?

Looking at the code for the daycare cloning method, I see you set the x accuracy to 113, which is the decimal value for a hex of 71. the original code called for x accuracy of 72. So i can understand the reason as to why 113 was used to change it to work with yellow. however is there something different about ws m that makes it read the amount of the item as a hex in Red and blue, and a decimal in yellow? and would this mean that the box cloning method would need more changes then just lowering the value of the x accuracy's?

ISSOtm

• The French Lord of Laziness (and a huge The Legend Of Zelda fan)
  • Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Pewter City (B)rocks !
    • View Profile
    • My Little Website
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 04:48:04 pm »
It depends. That's the best answer we can give you ; depending on how the code is built, you may need to change things that are non-obvious.
(Plus, sometimes you must change item IDs instead of quantities. Again, depending on the code)
"THOU SHALL NOT PASS !!"  RIVAL's effect, Gandalf.

Proudly glitching Pokémon Red and Yellow on a Black & White GB, Pocket GB, GB Color, GBA SP and new 3DS.

My Twitter (beware, I'm French)
My YouTube (same warning)

Here is an online tool to build 8F setups : GBz80 to Items !

They see me layzin', they ha-tin'...
Heavy contributor of the global augmentation of entropy (my room's is too damn high !)

Inkblot

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 05:01:08 pm »
It depends. That's the best answer we can give you ; depending on how the code is built, you may need to change things that are non-obvious.
(Plus, sometimes you must change item IDs instead of quantities. Again, depending on the code)

well, i'll give the box code a try on yellow and see if it works. If it doesn't I'll come back and see if anyone can help me figure it out.

Inkblot

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 08:15:38 am »
I just realized that the box cloning glitch might not work in yellow as ws m requires a box set up instead of a party set up. that would mean if i switched to box 1 and used ws m, it would probably crash the game. that means i will have to use the daycare method, unless another method of cloning with ACE in yellow is found.

Would there be a possible code that could potentially do the same thing as the box clone glitch, but with the party?

ISSOtm

• The French Lord of Laziness (and a huge The Legend Of Zelda fan)
  • Distinguished Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Pewter City (B)rocks !
    • View Profile
    • My Little Website
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 06:05:39 am »
Yep, at least in theory. You'd just have to write to the party count instead of the box mon count.
"THOU SHALL NOT PASS !!"  RIVAL's effect, Gandalf.

Proudly glitching Pokémon Red and Yellow on a Black & White GB, Pocket GB, GB Color, GBA SP and new 3DS.

My Twitter (beware, I'm French)
My YouTube (same warning)

Here is an online tool to build 8F setups : GBz80 to Items !

They see me layzin', they ha-tin'...
Heavy contributor of the global augmentation of entropy (my room's is too damn high !)