Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Pokémon cheat codes
Pokémon glitch terminology
Useful tools
More

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Pokemon: Yitria Resurrection  (Read 2366 times)

Derxwna

• Omniversal Overseer
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Behold the Endless Abyss
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Derxwna, Words of Absurdity
Pokemon: Yitria Resurrection
« on: February 17, 2018, 04:02:24 pm »
You would think I would learn my lesson. You would think that with my track record, anything I interact with is destined to die. But if there's one word that's been used to describe me in the past, it's this: stubborn. Foolish, but mostly stubborn. That being said, let's get back down to business.

Introduction
Pokemon: Yitria Resurrection is the ultimate, definitive version of the idea that I've been building up for roughly 13 years now. Forget everything you ever knew about Yitria Redux, about Yitria, about MissingNo Black. This is the final evolution of the idea, unless I somehow break into the game development industry and convince Game Freak to make this game an actual reality. It takes all my knowledge of the game development process, all the experience I've gathered on how to make a game, and what makes a good game, and utilizes it to create the game I've envisioned ever since I was a child. Practically everything I want to do in this game, save for sprites and some scant few bits of RGSS, I can pull off to make a complete game. However, the code I need is sparce, and the sprites are something I can resolve either by requesting or commissioning them, probably the latter.

Story
Yitria Resurrection puts you in the shoes of one of two twins, Maru and Mara Grace, the younger sibling of the former Yitria Region Champion-Elect Dist Grace, who vanished without a trace. Years pass, and once you finally turn 17 years old, you feel it's time to head out into the world and go beyond what your brother set out to do; beat the champion of the Yitria League, sure. But your ultimate goal is to gain permission to go to Izuyomi Island and challenge the Grand League, and become the next potential Grand Master for the Yitria Region. The journey to the top is far from easy, especially when the anomalous Enigma Brigade, a group dedicated to unraveling the mysteries of the world, starts making their presence known throughout the region.  Though not part of your original plans, are you capable of being the one to put the Enigma Brigade in their place, and eventually climb your way to the top of the ladder to become the Yitria Region's next Grand Master?

The story sounds fairly similar to the plotline for Yitria Redux, I do acknowledge that. However, the difference between then and now is:

These didn't exist back then. In the eight years since Yitria Redux's "announcment" and now, I have plotted and drafted out everything (important) to do with the game. Some things have to be finalized, such as the Pokemon for each Gym Leader, but I know everything about how the game will progress and move from segment to segment. It's just a matter of throttling the accelerator and putting everything into a game.

Features
  • The Yitria Region, finally brought to life after who knows how many years!
  • Two new Pokemon: MissingNo, the "box legendary", and its evolved form, Hibáktól
  • Regional Variants (a concept I had planned long, long before Sun and Moon were even a glimmer in Game Freak's eyes)
  • That's it. No new types, no Shadow Pokemon. This is me coming back down to earth.
  • Other "features" may get added here as I discover what else is unique enough to be listed, but...

As everyone already knows, Yitria was mostly just my playground to give MissingNo the recognition it deserved. As such, its existence in the game isn't a spoiler in any regard. So with that out of the way, have some small things previewing the game. I do mean small, and probably subject to future change.
Media Showcase
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMxxIlGF9Tw - A video showcasing a fight against MissingNo. Definitely going to change. MissingNo has the unique ability called "Haywire", which will raise a random stat by +6, and lower a random stat by -6. Only MissingNo gets this. Its evolved from, Hibáktól, does not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPk-Bp-8guY - A small part of the start of the game, this doesn't reflect changes that happened since then (the scene with AI Oak has been heavily revamped, etc). Mostly shoes off the Journal system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijbxbGJ-I-M - The introduction segment to Yitria Resurrection. Might get some changes going onward.
http://derxwnakapsyla.tumblr.com/search/Yitria+Resurrection - You can see some of the map designs for Yitria Resurrection here, as well as a few other things. This also showcases the original maps from Yitria Redux, so you can see how far I've progressed in terms of level design.

So... Why am I posting this here? Now of all times? I... I don't know, really. I just kind of felt like showing it off again. It's not moved a whole lot since the last time, but it's evolved so much more. Maybe people will be interested, maybe not. Yitria is like a precious child to me, and I want to show it off to the world like a proud parent. Perhaps one day it'll be finished; I hope so! Until then, though...

Evie the Mother Hen ☽ ❤

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • I love My Melody. 🦋 ✿
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon: Yitria Resurrection
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 05:14:16 pm »
It looks amazing! I like how MissingNo. is one of the Pokémon and has its own ability, battle.

Welcome back.  :)

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
Here have some free flowers on every post :)
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

(Images © Sanrio, Nintendo, Pokémon, HAL Laboratory)

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. Transgender woman but spiritually doesn't believe 'male'/'female' needs to be defined; lives more stereotypically like a woman/I'm a 'girly' nerd who discovered herself. Call me whichever pronouns you like. :)

Feel free to contact me here about anything regarding the site.

Forgiveness. I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Thank you Nyapon for this lovely artwork. :3

Derxwna

• Omniversal Overseer
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 02:48:15 am »
It's taken a long, long while. But the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Demo 1 of Yitria Resurrection is now officially uploaded and released! You can pick it up here, if you're interested.
https://reliccastle.com/threads/2084/

Sherkel

• Ringsome on the aquaface
  • Administrator
  • Online Online
  • PSYNCIN' IN THE VaiN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 02:39:45 pm »
It's great to see that you're still around, and that there's finally something to show for all the thought over the years you've put into this fangame (even if I didn't find out about it until today!). I'll let you know my impressions once I've played it.

I come and go. Apparently still more than most of the other regulars, so hard to say it's a semi-hiatus of some sort. Suggestions for wiki organization are appreciated here if you haven't seen this thread yet.
I don't have a habit of keeping Discord open, so direct inquiries are still preferred through here.

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 11:31:47 pm »
I might have missed it in your original post, but what engine are you using to develop this? I have a bit of experience in game design and game programming myself -- if you're looking for help with your project, I might be able to help out. And I'd definitely be interested.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-4440

EPIC. Sprites by Mutou Yami, PT
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/sigshortened.png/

Derxwna

• Omniversal Overseer
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 11:50:48 pm »
I might have missed it in your original post, but what engine are you using to develop this? I have a bit of experience in game design and game programming myself -- if you're looking for help with your project, I might be able to help out. And I'd definitely be interested.

I never mentioned it in the original post, my bad! It's being built in RPG Maker XP, utilizing Pokemon Essentials for all the Pokemon-based addons to the engine itself. RMXP is a fairly old engine, so the game isn't a paragon of stability and accuracy (it runs at about 40fps at best, 20fps on average, and if the computer can't handle it you're lucky to get 5fps...), and Essentials itself is still (always) in development , but it's a sufficient enough case to create a Pokemon fangame.

I would genuinely appreciate any help I could get; while I mostly need graphics for the Regional Variants, the Trainers, and a few other things, I do need some help with the actual coding aspect. I'm... really not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to learning proper programming languages, it's never been something I could keep my head wrapped around, despite several of my best attempts. RGSS (Ruby Game Scripting System), the language that RMXP uses, isn't that hard to work with, and I can faff about with some basic stuff, but more complex stuff (such as making new systems/abilities/moves/etc) is a bit beyond my vector.

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 02:20:03 am »
That definitely sounds like something I could help out with. Most new systems, abilities, or moves should really be just functions of math, with bits of chance thrown in. Feel free to shoot me a DM if you want to talk specifics with me; I'm done with school now and have loads of free time.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-4440

EPIC. Sprites by Mutou Yami, PT
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/sigshortened.png/

Derxwna

• Omniversal Overseer
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 10:49:50 am »
Alright, I sent you a message containing the information you asked for!

As a bit of an update, it seems as if the extensive testing that went into Demo 1 was indeed fruitful; the only bug reports I've gotten have been few and far between, and all seem to be minor things, nothing too game breaking. This may be the first build of something I've put out that doesn't require an emergency patch. I'm kind of amazed.

Hālian

• That worldbuilding/micronations/MTG guy
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Buried under a pile of OS-tans…
    • View Profile
    • Hoennese Realm
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 08:21:49 pm »
holy s**t you're back

holy s**t yitria has a demo out

holy s**t
The Hoennese Realm is under construction. Watch this space!

All sprites made by Naitekiakki, except:
Recolored Gardevoir made by me

Derxwna

• Omniversal Overseer
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2019, 09:43:02 pm »
Never doubt my ability to be fiercely devoted to things that matter to only me. All my work in RMXP was build up to get this done, tbh; all the knowledge and skills I've learned, all so I could work on this. The other projects mattered, sure, but as I've said before- this is something I've poured over a decade of my blood, sweat, and tears into planning and conceptualizing, and I don't plan to rest until it's done.

Derxwna

• Omniversal Overseer
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 04:16:55 pm »
Well, I'm going to take next to no feedback as good feedback, and begin work on Demo 2 in earnest!

Starting off, Fotia Village, location of Mt. Fotia and the Mt. Fotia Seismology Center!
https://i.imgur.com/Nskx3G0.png (because the image is fuckhuge)

Being situated next to a volcano means that not a whole lot of people want to live in the area. Most of the people who live there either work at the Seismology Center, or are family members of those that do. Despite that however, they do tend to get a fair bit of foot traffic because within Mt. Fotia is the path to the fourth gym of the Yitria Region, where the thrill-seeker Lindsey awaits with her team of Fire Pokemon.

And for the helluv it, y'all can see what the map looked like when I first made it roughly 10 years ago.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 04:19:18 pm by Derxwna »